Media Jose Aldo soccer kicks a dude unconscious in his fourth pro fight

Bad take. It ends fights more quickly.

Yeah, "death" ends fights pretty quickly. Soccer kicks have no place in this sport. No stomps either. 12-6 elbows should probably be allowed. I'm kind of on the fence with "knees to a grounded opponent's head".

Jarl

That could happen with a head kick or straight up ko lol.
The impact isn't the same though and I think you already know that. As I said to other people, you don't have a problem with stomps, right on.

Nothing but silence. Good puppet and now I'm done with you.

Absolutely false. The guy was fine and weight cutting is much more dangerous and will invevitably lead to death (in the UFC, it has led to death outside of it) and MMA fans don't give a shit lol.
Weight cutting is something fighters choose to do to themselves which is a very different situation.

If knees and elbows are legal, I see no reason why soccer kicks should be banned.

mvp-santo-1024x511.jpg

Show me a single instance where a soccer kick caused this much damage, and I will change my view on the subject.

So follow it up with punches or a submission. No reason to nearly break a neck or skull. So many on here whine about the fighters receiving CTE but then they want soccer kicks and stomps? Which is it? You can't have both for fucks sake lol.
Maybe everyone doesn’t support both

A good example why soccer kicks and stomps should remain banned. It doesn't take skill to nearly kill a man that way.
Thats totally crap. Pride had them for all those years and no serious injuries. I think a broken socket was worst??? Which many guys have gotten from punches or elbows. Elbows should be out and soccer in imo cause they can end a fight on a cut when the guy is fine and willing to fight. It happens way too much. A cut where the guys blood makes Dr checks " for safety of the fighter" that end fight.
Wandy and Shogun threw many a soccer kick in the day. Guys know how to turtle. If a food ref is there a fighter will not get soccer kicked when unable to defend. It is a fight....thats relative in a real fight. Happens way more than someone elbowing a guy in a street fight. As real as it gets should have always allowed them.

He was super fast then and super hungry. He def was a badness at that weight. Too bad the ufc didn't have it for his early career.

It's not about this guy. It's about adding an increasing risk of devastating injuries, for what reason? If a 205lbs guy soccer kicks an unconcious guy, chances are he suffers needless long term damage or dies.

And yes I know it's a dangerous sport, but soccer kicks don't add to the majority of the viewers pleasure.

A soccer kick is not more dangerous than a head kick, not at all actually, except if the other fighter is literally defenseless already in which case the fight should've been stopped already. But that also applies to a headkick that gets eaten flush and defenseless.
Go watch pride. It's a MMA fight, it's in a cage, not on a soccer field, the other guy doesn't have time to run up to the guy from 10 metres distance and then soccer kick him like in the streets - that's where it's dangerous. In a MMA setting it is no less or more dangerous than a head kick provided the referee is good. I agree it endangers the fighters even more, but there is still no valid reason for banning it when other just as devastating techniques are allowed.
You can flying knee a dude in the face and break their skull and it's all legal.

. It doesn't take skill to nearly kill a man that way.
Of course it does. If you miss with a soccer kick,you can be taken down,so better be accurate with them

They shouldnt be banned either. The referee though should def learn to stop fights when they are over though.

He was super fast then and super hungry. He def was a badness at that weight. Too bad the ufc didn't have it for his early career.
Aldo is still hungry. I dont know how anyone can dispute this.

Back