Media Jose Aldo soccer kicks a dude unconscious in his fourth pro fight

Jose aldo was a physical specimen. So fast and explosive.

A good example why soccer kicks and stomps should remain banned. It doesn't take skill to nearly kill a man that way.

It takes lots of skill to drop a guy down....It takes Dark souls skills to survive soccer kicks/stomps, and yes they are survivable.

4b071184a0ae2abccb5967823fb5a341.gif

Git gud and react.

Also Jose Aldo's soccer kicks were hard and fluid as fuck...just look at the accuracy and fludity.......Stop making it sound like any idiot in the street or any MMA fighter can soccer kick as hard and as good as Jose Aldo.

Soccer kicks take skill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUUUUUSSSSTTT BLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely false. The guy was fine and weight cutting is much more dangerous and will invevitably lead to death (in the UFC, it has led to death outside of it) and MMA fans don't give a shit lol.

Is it fair to say that people who are nearly dying from weight cuts are fighting in divisions they shouldn't be?

Or no?

If many fighters we used to watch are suffering now from CTE and other problems, imagine what would have happened if things like that were allowed in the UFC.

Stomps is probably not a good idea in a cage where someone's head and neck have a good chance to be trapped in dangerous angles. Grounded knees should be legalized tho.

A knife also ends a fight more quickly.

I wouldn’t mind certain mma fights invovle knives

or even a hidden mine under the canvas. Or molten steel slowly drips into the octagon. They wouldn’t do this every fight. But what add some more intrigue. And the. When they walk back to the dressing room they have to get trampled by bulls to get out.

they should just allow kicks to the body of a downed opponent.

It takes a lot of work to get them there so there should be a reward.

Plus it's an important skill to keep within the BJJ arsenal.

I'm pretty sure if you look up Rickson videos you'll find him teaching to defend against kicks to a downed opponent. Training Kicks to a downed opponent was a thing in the Rickson lineage.

In that case, yes.. That was bad reffing.
i agree it was. but ref make mistakes all the time in ufc and bellator. the regional scene with these kicks idk man. we already have fighters having to save people from retards as it is

im not against the strike really but i already know there will be an idiot reff watching someones corpse getting punted while they say "you gotta work, you gotta work."

i agree it was. but ref make mistakes all the time in ufc and bellator. the regional scene with these kicks idk man. we already have fighters having to save people from retards as it is

im not against the strike really but i already know there will be an idiot reff watching someones corpse getting punted while they say "you gotta work, you gotta work."

The refs working on the regional circuit are so much worse than the guys who typically work UFC and Bellator shows. After seeing dozens of clips like this with botched officiating, it's amazing that there haven't been more deaths in this sport.

I think Aldo's opponent was done after the 2nd knee to the head or roughly 4 seconds into the fight. The ref did the losing fighter no favors by not waiving it off at that point.

Back