• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Jones open to fighting Alex, but only if Poatan beats Aspinall first

Who wins?

• Jon Jones

Votes: 66 57.4%
  • Alex Pereira

Votes: 49 42.6%

• Total voters
Jones = managing his legacy as best as he can before he retires by picking easiest fight and trying to get his opponents to eliminate each other first.

Poatan = where's the contract?

Yeah but also physical decline.
That's part of it. But the end of his LHW tenure wasn't a physical thing, his technique was still very much intact. Reflexes were there, defense was there. Movement was there.

But he just felt like he was going through the motions, rather than showing up with fire in his veins, which you need to perform.

Yeah but also physical decline.
There's very few examples of fighters or athletes who don't lose that spark.

Mayweather, LeBron, Kobe, Tom Brady, etc.

It requires a unique goalpost shift to continue performing at your best, especially when you've already reached the top of the mountain, you've already attained life changing money and you've already competed and beat the best.

Which is something I think a lot of people don't consider.

"I don't need to prove anything, I don't need to fight Tom Aspinall. But I will fight this other guy if he beats Tom Aspinall."

He's just playing games, literally has no intention of fighting either of them.
Jones is putting out impossible hypotheticals to avoid the situation. It’s like saying if pigs fly. Well, no shit Jon.

That's part of it. But the end of his LHW tenure wasn't a physical thing, his technique was still very much intact. Reflexes were there, defense was there. Movement was there.

But he just felt like he was going through the motions, rather than showing up with fire in his veins, which you need to perform.
I made a thread on this in the past, but it was likely due to PEDS. His last fight before USADA was DC 1 where he looked good. He didn't look that great against OSP which was his first fight after USADA, but fought great against DC 2 where he popped for steroids. Right after he got busted again for the same steroid and had to fight Gus in California, and also looked great. In every fight thereafter his athleticism was diminished against Smith, Santos, Reyes, and Gane.

With that said, the new testing commission is rumored to be much more lax than USADA, so he might have a TRTor-esque comeback since the technique is ingrained in his muscle memory.

Jones is putting out impossible hypotheticals to avoid the situation. It’s like saying if pigs fly. Well, no shit Jon.
Pretty much spot on. He's like my friend who had both Tourette's and borderline personality, you kinda just understand that what he's saying is bullshit and don't hold it against him bc he's always been that way.

I made a thread on this in the past, but it was likely due to PEDS. His last fight before USADA was DC 1 where he looked good. He didn't look that great against OSP which was his first fight after USADA, but fought great against DC 2 where he popped for steroids. Right after he got busted again for the same steroid and had to fight Gus in California, and also looked great. In every fight thereafter his athleticism was diminished against Smith, Santos, Reyes, and Gane.

With that said, the new testing commission is rumored to be much more lax than USADA, so he might have a TRTor-esque comeback since the technique is ingrained in his muscle memory.
I don't believe Jones has ever not been using. USADA is nothing, anyone can get past it.

Like Chael said, he believed that whatever designer stuff Jon was taking was tainted with turinabol. This is probably closer to what happened.

It's simply not a steroid anyone is going to do under usada. It's hard to mask, easily detectable, lasts forever, and the effects aren't anything special.

The idea that he stopped taking anything just isn't true.

Side note, he never outright popped for turinabol. He popped for the m3 metabolite.

Frank Mir popped for the same thing long before Jon did, and he said doctors told him it could last for 2+ years. He also had no idea where it came from.

Mir was also in / around that camp. So, my thought is that some PED was going around that happened to be tainted.

I think his bro Arthur also tested for the metabolite.

If he were outright using turinabol, then something would've been detected throughout the process. As turinabol changes form over time, with various metabolites, all of which last for a varying period of time. It's a long process and is peculiar for it to show up, while the other short and medium lasting metabolites do not.

Which means that the idea of a m3 metabolite being from a reingestion is unlikely. I believe that's also why they stopped counting them as positive tests for Jon.

But beyond that, I don't think he ever stopped using. Which Is also true for like 80% of the sport.

Fuck Stipe and Tom....

Just book Jones vs Poatan.

I don't agree with but can understand having a "fuck Stipe" sentiment. But why Tom? Granted he's been grousing a bit, but he isn't even sitting out waiting for Jones—he's booked to refight Blaydes soon. Goddamn goldfish attention span, guys like you, jumping on the new hotness and forgetting everything else...

images (74).jpeg
Tom
images (75).jpeg

download (37).jpeg

With that being said Jon destroys ap

Attachments

• download (38).jpeg
    download (38).jpeg
    11 KB · Views: 1

Jon laying down his terms for a potential fight with Poatan.

Seems everyone should fight Aspinall except for Jones. Bro is literally trying to outsource the job to Alex, hah.

We all KNOW for a FACT-

Jones beats Poatan. He was an over the hill MW

Jones beats Aspinal. He was never that good and green

Either of these guys can beat each other, theyre atleast somewhat worthy if not better PPV draws against the GOAT

Exciting match ups

That said, we all know when Jones chokes them our regardless, they were, "never that good anyway."

Lol Jon is absolutely fucking terrified of Aspinall, can’t wait to see how Jones nuthuggers spin this. Unlike Jon, Poatan would fight Aspinall any day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Absolutely!
Same way Jones was terrified of Gane, DC, DC 2, Gus 2, Rampage, Rashad, Lyoto 2

1719896979657.png

Lol everyone misreading what Jones is saying here..

Why should Jones take a fight vs Alex P at HW for Alex's first fight at HW..

Alex still has contenders to clear out...in his own division so does Jones..

And before anyone says ..ya but Jones got an immediate title shot... ya but Jones also cleared his whole division out twice at LHW ..so he earned that...

Alex hasnt... So he should fight a #1 contender fight at HW...then fight Jones...

LOL at anyone at this point thinking HW Jones is afraid of another fighter....the only person who scares JJ is himself thats why he has to project this Jesus/catholic character because the real version of himself is terrifying...

HW is Jones final form ...he was always a HW at LHW but now hes uninhibited by a weight cut which was affecting his last performances at LHW

Just let this sink in...Alex has a 79 inch reach...Jones is 84.5 ...LOL. Thats almost half a foot of reach on Alex lol...Alex will whiff on a shot and get taken down and it'll be over from there...GNP or Sub...if Jones gets a hold of Alex the fight stops there...
Wow that's a lot of dick sucking. I don't suppose you also gave Jon that "Hawk Tuah!" as well?

He needs to fight Ank. Then we'll talk about HW.

The MMA world deserves that fight as Ank really is the uncrowned champion. That split D was horrible, not that he looked great, but c'mon.

Needs to rematch Jan 5 rounds too

Jon laying down his terms for a potential fight with Poatan.

Seems everyone should fight Aspinall except for Jones. Bro is literally trying to outsource the job to Alex, hah.

giphy.gif

Jones sees Alex eyes to poke and kickboxing backround so wrestlefuck seems likely.

Id watch this fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tophik
Back