Jones has only defended his belt against one legit LHW

MW was ruled by a guy who came from WW. GSP says he can make LW. Cain is kinda chubby and could probably make 205. None of the weight divisions are legit except 125.

This thread is full retard. Never go full retard

Shogun - Beat him for his title
Rampage - the last champion to have TRUELY defended his title at 205
Machida - champion before Shogun
Rashad - champion before Machida
Vitor - former LHW champ and former HW tournament winner
Chael - is now officially a top 10 LHW

So... Am I missing something?

These type of threads make us Jones haters look bad. It doesnt matter how much I dislike Jones, theres no denying his skill and achievements.

EX LHW champions are not legit....Fuck this thread

Who else sees this?

Rampage is the only defense Jones has had that was a legit 205'er.

-Machida is currently on his way to MW
-Rashad could make MW if he wanted, and was planning to until he won (so the judges said, at least) against Dan Henderson.
-Vitor and Sonnen usually fight at MW.

I think this really pokes a hole in any claims that Jones is the P4P best. GSP and Silva always fought guys that were legitimately in their weight class, not fighters who were able to make weight at a lower division.

Now granted if Jones beats Gustafsson tomorrow (I don't see this happening but bear with me), we can add another legit LHW title defense to Jones' reign, but as it stands it's not that impressive in my eyes since it's mostly based on beating true middleweights.

Silva was KOd brutally. GSP was TKOd brutally. Only Jones has completely obiterated every opponent, and most of them were considered the best at one time. Jones has proven he is the lone "TOP DOG".

aD0zMrG_460sa.gif

Wtf?

Silva was KOd brutally. GSP was TKOd brutally. Only Jones has completely obiterated every opponent, and most of them were considered the best at one time. Jones has proven he is the lone "TOP DOG".

Ok but if anyone sticks around long enough they will lose brutally. Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop have all been finished BRUTALLY and they were Gods to people at one point.

Cote,nate both are 170 pounders now.

Diaz has previously fought at 155 same as bj for gsp,dont get why people feel the need to take away from a guys wins,you can do it to anyone silva,gsp Jones,stop hating,get a life and enjoy the fights

Emphasis enjoy the fights.

Ok but if anyone sticks around long enough they will lose brutally. Fedor, Nog, Cro Cop have all been finished BRUTALLY and they were Gods to people at one point.

I can see it happening when he finally moves up to HW.

IMO LHW hasnt been deep for a while. Shogun and Griffin had their ups and downs hardcore. Rashad made a good impression, so did early Rampage. Machida also was quite nice. Besides this, there has not been any possible champions around for quite some time.

I am still not sold on Gustaffson nor on Teixiera. Although I think Glover has the most potential of all of the ones I've mentioned.

If u compare it to other division you have a clear top dog pack. Like WW (Condit, Hendricks, Rory, even Ellenberger, Kampmann, Pierce and Brown), LW (Benson, Gilbert, Thomson, Grant, Miller) or BW (Barao, McDonald, Faber, Wineland, Siver).

It's not about JBJ dominating - GSP does this as well - its about the competiveness of the rest of the pack. It's like when Chuck defended his title against Gumpy :)

Thanks for the retarded thread of the day TS

Who else sees this?

-Rashad could make MW if he wanted, and was planning to until he won (so the judges said, at least) against Dan Henderson.

I think this really pokes a hole in any claims that Jones is the P4P best. GSP and Silva always fought guys that were legitimately in their weight class, not fighters who were able to make weight at a lower division.

Now granted if Jones beats Gustafsson tomorrow (I don't see this happening but bear with me), we can add another legit LHW title defense to Jones' reign, but as it stands it's not that impressive in my eyes since it's mostly based on beating true middleweights.

Actually, none of them are even legit fighters, period.
You didnt know that?

You cant be this incredibly foolish

they were just a lot shorter. Machida was probably the most undersized lhw but made up for it with his speed.

Jesus H Christ.

Jones is a dickhead (allegedly) but this is nonsense.

"I'm not trying to hate here"

Yeah right....

I guess there's always going to be something with you guys...

Who else sees this?

rashad - very rusty
machida - legit but undersize (remember when he was untouchable?)
vitor - legit but rusty and undersize
$onnen - undersize mw wrestler? wtf did he even get the $hot? oh wait...

i think you have a point. i expect this will be jones biggest test, he has tons of talent but he isnt unbeatable, no one is.

Back