Jones has only defended his belt against one legit LHW

LOL, he also beat 5 straight people who held the belt at 205, so I'd say they were legit 205ers.

aD0zMrG_460sa.gif

that guy is retarded... but fuuuck he has nads of god damn steel.

Wow, my god this opening post...

Machida and Rashad aren't legit lhw fighters yet held the lhw strap? Not just that, they both have fought heavyweights.

Most of the fighters at any division can make the class below them. They chose their division because they thought that's their best spot to win at.

Rashad and Machida were champs at 205, and you forgot about another champ at 205 he beat named Shogun.

The thing that defines a "true LHW" or any other weight class is successfully competing at that weight. Those fighters did, they were top ten, and the champ. That means they were better than most of the other "true LHW".

Please stop posting if you are going to insist on making stupid threads.

Vitor won a tournament at HW and then was a LHW most of his career = legit 205
Rashad won TUF at heavyweight then moved to 205 = legit 205
Machida hasn't even fought at MW = legit 205

sonnen was really the only 185lb guy that jones fought.

and he probably weighed more on fight night than Jones did

LOL

Who else sees this?

Rampage is the only defense Jones has had that was a legit 205'er.

-Machida is currently on his way to MW
-Rashad could make MW if he wanted, and was planning to until he won (so the judges said, at least) against Dan Henderson.
-Vitor and Sonnen usually fight at MW.

I think this really pokes a hole in any claims that Jones is the P4P best. GSP and Silva always fought guys that were legitimately in their weight class, not fighters who were able to make weight at a lower division.

Now granted if Jones beats Gustafsson tomorrow (I don't see this happening but bear with me), we can add another legit LHW title defense to Jones' reign, but as it stands it's not that impressive in my eyes since it's mostly based on beating true middleweights.

Terrible, terrible post.

so is TS saying that Bonnar is Jones' most legitimate win?

who does he have to beat to make you a believer? Forrest Griffin?

According to this thread's logic, Light heavyweight has in fact been the weakest division for years.

Who else sees this?

-Rashad could make MW if he wanted, and was planning to until he won (so the judges said, at least) against Dan Henderson.

I think this really pokes a hole in any claims that Jones is the P4P best. GSP and Silva always fought guys that were legitimately in their weight class, not fighters who were able to make weight at a lower division.

Now granted if Jones beats Gustafsson tomorrow (I don't see this happening but bear with me), we can add another legit LHW title defense to Jones' reign, but as it stands it's not that impressive in my eyes since it's mostly based on beating true middleweights.

You don't see Jones beating Gus? I don't even see this fight being competitive.

Who else sees this?

JDS has only defend his HW belt against Frank Mir whom was probably a gatekeeper at best.
Cain defend his belt against a guy he has bloodbath before.
so to me, Jones has defend his belt better than Cain and JDS both and they are HW.

Jones sucks via only defending against mostly middleweights!! Cuz fighters like 'Shad and Machida are really middleweights!

Jesus man you just can't make this shit up can you.

TS, cut this shit out. You're making us real Jones haters look bad.

so is TS saying that Bonnar is Jones' most legitimate win?

who does he have to beat to make you a believer? Forrest Griffin?

According to this thread's logic, Light heavyweight has in fact been the weakest division for years.

Gus will be "overrated" after tonight. That's how Sherdog works.

this thread is JUST terrible.

lol wtf seriously? Trolllinnnnn All of those guys are legit, most have been champs at one time or another.. Also what about Shogun?

Back