Jones has only defended his belt against one legit LHW

it's kind of true. Jones is the largest lhw to ever exist in the sport, and many of his opponents have been the smallest in the division. Most people will act like the TS is crazy but his assessment is pretty accurate.

Machida, Rashad, and Shogun were so small compared to Jones it was actually difficult to comprehend how they could be in the same weight class

Here where some simps get completely confused.

The UFC is divided into weight classes, that's how much you weigh in pounds.

Now Jones is taller than many of his opponents, but he weighs the same.

Rashad once fought at hw. That's because he weighed more, not based on his height.

Does this make sense?

Shogun and Machida were the same height as Rampage and Shogun, Machida and Rashad all had longer reach's than Rampage.
edited my post for wordiness^

yeah Rampage is an averaged sized lhw by today's standards, he might have been a few lbs heavier than Shogun, Machida etc but that's about it. Even he was at a severe physical disadvantage

Rashad once fought at hw. That's because he weighed more, not based on his height.

Does this make sense?

no offense but I think you lack the mental capabilities to fully grasp what's being discussed

It's a shame Hendo pulled out of the Jones fight.It would have been the first young and LHW monster Jones would've fought.

Does this make sense?

Exactly. Weight and not height and reach determine your weight class. If you can cut down to a certain weight class you're fighting at that weight and that's that. Anyone who weighs more than 185 and less than 205 is a LHW and that includes Jon Jones and all his opponents. Two of Jones opponents in Rashad and Vitor have even fought at HW.

no offense but I think you lack the mental capabilities to fully grasp what's being discussed

Most real tall guys like roop, garza, Hill, diabate, grove (theres like 100 others) get manhandled by strong wrestlers. Jones is different than most other tall fighters bc he is very strong in the clinch and has great wrestling. My point is Jones uses his body type very differently than others with similar builds. And that is why we don't have height and reach classes bc a lot of guys with height and reach simply don't do well or are uncoordinated.

I get the idea behind the thread but I feel it fails in factuality jones isn't ducking guys he fights who ever the UFC puts in front of him case in point the chael fight no he didn't deserve it but he was the only one willing to take it I think a lot of lhw want to call out bones but don't really want to fight him. You only beat the guys they put in front of u

Rashad, someone who has never fought at mw and won the ultimate fighter at HW is a MW?? What?

I swear it's gotta be one person with multiple accounts that makes these stupid posts year after year on here...

Jones' job is to smash top LHW's, which he's been doing. Anderson lost to Chonan, who he completely dwarfed. GSP lost to Serra, who was a bloated LW. Fedor lost to Hendo, who fought as low as MW. These are arguably the 3 most accomplished MMA fighters this sport has had all losing to smaller fighters. What a bunch of scrubs, am I right?

No dum dum. Anderson did not lose to Sonnen.

LMAO!!!

Says the guys who doesnt grasp the rudimentary concept (as explained to you by others) of- weight vs height

foremost; is supporting a sublimely moronic thread

aD0zMrG_460sa.gif

cosign on thread

Does this make sense?

^^^ it's as plain and simple as this

LMAO!!!

Says the guys who doesnt grasp the rudimentary concept (as explained to you by others) of- weight vs height

foremost; is supporting a sublimely moronic thread
if you want to keep getting emotional and presenting strawman arguments that's entirely on you

Back