Jones has only defended his belt against one legit LHW

Dumbest shit I have ever read. If that's the case Cain has never fought an HW and isn't a HW because he could maybe make LHW and Fedor isn't an HW either because he could make LHW and JDS isn't an HW either matter of fact we only have reem bigfoot and barnett plus werdum that's only HW's in the division rest are all LHW's.

You can't call somebody who has never fought anything but LHW/HW a middleweight that's just stupid as hell like come the fuck on dude. I don't even like Jones I hope he loses in brutal fasahion tonight but seriously now hating without logic is just silly.

Who else sees this?

Rampage is the only defense Jones has had that was a legit 205'er.

-Machida is currently on his way to MW
-Rashad could make MW if he wanted, and was planning to until he won (so the judges said, at least) against Dan Henderson.
-Vitor and Sonnen usually fight at MW.

I think this really pokes a hole in any claims that Jones is the P4P best. GSP and Silva always fought guys that were legitimately in their weight class, not fighters who were able to make weight at a lower division.

Now granted if Jones beats Gustafsson tomorrow (I don't see this happening but bear with me), we can add another legit LHW title defense to Jones' reign, but as it stands it's not that impressive in my eyes since it's mostly based on beating true middleweights.

Machida- 0 of 23 fights at MW
Evans- 0 of 22 fights at MW
Belfort- 6 of 33 fights at MW...also 6 of 33 fights at HW...same number of HW fights as MW.
Sonnen- 27 of 43 fights at MW.

Other than Sonnen, these fighters have fought the majority (in the case Belfort), or all (Machida and Evans), of their career at LHW. Even with Sonnen, only 63% of his fights were at MW. So while the majority of his fights were at MW, 37% of them were above MW.

While I don't agree with the TS, this is also a pretty questionable statement. In professional fighting, four years ago isn't exactly recent, nor was Machida carrying anything resembling impressive momentum into the JJ fight.
No, but it wasn't like Rampage or Shogun where you could argue they were past their prime. Machida was still definitely in his prime when Jones beat him. Same with Rashad. I mean the guy won TUF as a HW and was the LHW champ, to say he's a natural 185er is a bit of a stretch.

Who else sees this?

Rampage is the only defense Jones has had that was a legit 205'er.

-Machida is currently on his way to MW
-Rashad could make MW if he wanted, and was planning to until he won (so the judges said, at least) against Dan Henderson.
-Vitor and Sonnen usually fight at MW.

I think this really pokes a hole in any claims that Jones is the P4P best. GSP and Silva always fought guys that were legitimately in their weight class, not fighters who were able to make weight at a lower division.

Now granted if Jones beats Gustafsson tomorrow (I don't see this happening but bear with me), we can add another legit LHW title defense to Jones' reign, but as it stands it's not that impressive in my eyes since it's mostly based on beating true middleweights.

Machida is a former LHW champion thought to be unbeatable for quite some time.
Vitor used to fight Heavyweight and won superfights at that weight
Sonnen has fought 205 many times
Rashad Started as a HW and is also a former LHW Champion

You are stupid , that is all.

Chael Sonnen was right, 205 is full of cowards. At least until Gusto came on the scene to take Jones' belt.

How can people possibly be accusing 3 fighters who won the LHW title of being MW's. If they were so overmatched why did they win the title?

Let's look at Jone's LHW wins:

Matt Hamill - He lost, gotta know the rules
Vera - Never was a contender at LHW, last win was in 2011
Matyushenko - Never was a contender at LHW, Gatekeeper
Bader - Gate keeper
Shogun - on the decline of his career, 2 fight losing streak
Rampage - on the decline of his career, no longer fights in the UFC
Machida - legit LHW, now fights at 185
Rashad - legit LHW, now fights at 185
Vitor - a 185er and not a LHW, never fought at LHW for a while until he faced Jones
Sonnen - a 185er, first fight at LHW since 2005

I'd say his defenses against Rashad and Machida are probably the most legit, the other ones are questionable.

I'd say his defenses against Rashad and Machida are probably the most legit, the other ones are questionable.

questionable enough Jones is the consensus #1 pound for pound best MMA fighter in the world?

You guys embarrass yourself :icon_lol:

questionable enough Jones is the consensus #1 pound for pound best MMA fighter in the world?

You guys embarrass yourself :icon_lol:

p4p rankings doesn't mean shit. Weidman KO'd Silva and Silva is still ranked higher. You're making a fool out of yourself son.

p4p rankings doesn't mean shit. Weidman KO'd Silva and Silva is still ranked higher. You're making a fool out of yourself son.

they mean someone who isn't completely clueless thinks different.

Beating one guy doesn't affect p4p rankings all that much. Dominating every single one of your opponents in brutal fashion like Jones did, including multiple recent champs does though.

If I am indeed making a fool out of myself that's because I have been reading so much idiotic crap from grade A morons today it is actually starting to affect me now lol

Back