Jones has been #1 LHW for 8 years. GOAT?

He is the PED goat of LHW.

It would be interesting to know what his record would have looked without them.

So who was better than him at LHW when Jones wasn't?
Literally anybody that was allowed to be fighting at the time. It's hard to be the best when the sport won't even allow you to compete.

No no they haven't. Anyway Jones did the Bader, Shogun, Rampage, Machida and Shad run in less than 18 months. Since then he's averaged just about a fight a year.

AS nor GSP came into a division with four 1A,1B,1C,1D fighters and dominated all of them. Then his very next time out even though it wasn't intentional he ended up fighting TRT Vitor. That early resume is what has made Jones the GOAT. Everything else has just been an affirmation, I'd also say since he beat Vitor he hasn't done that much impressive stuff and it doesn't matter. Only reason KO'ing DC was an accomplishment is cause Jones personal problems allowed him to become a paper champ in the first place. Jones's GOAT status was made in those first 18 months.

The others have definitely have beaten at least 4 top 5 guys. I don't think whooping 5 good opponents in quick succession is GOAT worthy if there are other fighters with just as good wins and more over a longer time period.

Yes ignore the suspensions and PEDs use because I care about who's the best fighter not who's using drugs or getting suspended.

It's pretty simple to understand. I wanted to discuss the best fighter not factors that have nothing to do with winning fights.

Ha ha! It's delusional bullsh!tters like you giving good threads a bad name, with all this fiction. You need to go see a good psychiatrist and learn to deal with reality.

Ha ha! It's delusional bullsh!tters like you giving good threads a bad name, with all this fiction. You need to go see Dr Phil and learn to deal with reality.

Not delusional. I'm literally watching Jones fight and beat everyone. He's the LHW GOAT and is #2 right now for me in overall GOAT.

What fiction? I know Jones has failed multiple test and been suspended. I don't need help and if I did, I would not look to a talk show host to help me.

The others have definitely have beaten at least 4 top 5 guys. I don't think whooping 5 good opponents in quick succession is GOAT worthy if there are other fighters with just as good wins and more over a longer time period.

Yeah that wasn't what I meant though. Four guys who were all legends like those four. No other division had that situation that LHW did from 2008-2011 where you had four top fighters none of whom were clearly better. I guess 155 would if they actually got the best people to fight each other but they haven't(thanks Conor).

It's not just "good opponents". Shogun was seen as the GOAT by some at the time, Rampage still hasn't been finished by someone other than Jones and Shogun, Machida had only been finished by Shogun, Shad had only been beaten by Machida. Ryan Bader was undefeated when he fought Jones as well.

No one has a good a stretch as that. Weidman at 185 has the best reign at 185 and he's only got three defenses. GSP and AS have a few gems like the Fitch and Hendo fights but mostly those reigns are favorable matchups.

If they let me do coke and steroids I'm pretty sure I can win a belt too lol
View attachment 582707
That's probably the same thought the hundreds if other fighters who have popped for steroids or blow thought too before going on to never even win a belt.

Let alone becoming an undefeated long reigning champion unlike any that came before or as of this writing after them.

My issue with the " he's only good because he cheated" narrative is the fact that there have been literally 100s of confirmed cheaters yet somehow only 1 Jones, Armstrong, Bonds ETC.

That tends to lead me to believe there is far more too it than simply cheating.

Not if you factor in finishes.

Jones only has two finishes more than GSP. GSP has two wins more than Jones.
Outside of about three opponents, Jones has faced weaker competition and ruled over a pretty crappy division.

Please tell me you're not talking about Jon Jones.

Because Jon Jones does not have a 16 fight win streak at any point in his record.
You're one of them headkick KO deniers? lmao, next you'll try and tell me the earth is flat.

The kick happened and Daniel Cormier went unconscious, deal with it.

How many years get shaved off for pico pulsing and also being banned from competing?

How many years get shaved off for pico pulsing and also being banned from competing?

None. He's had a fight in every year of his career. His failed tests and suspensions were in a 5 year span where he ended up fighting 5 times.

He basically got light suspensions and excused for his last failed test. Lol

I don't care about PEDs. I think Jones has been the #1 LHW for the last 8 years and counting. Jones was probably on PEDs at the start of his championship run, doesn't mean shit to me.

Apparently they mean something for Jones as he doesn't seem to be confident in his abilities without it.

Hes pretty much been gone the last 4 years besides just recently

Obviously not.

If he'd never used PEDs and never tested positive, then yes. But as it stands, Jon is a low quality, scumbag human being in all facets of life.
Bro no ones asking if hes a scumbag or what.

Is my list accurate.

Jones has been the #1 LHW for 8 years in a row.

José was #1 for 6 years
Mighty Mouse was #1 for 6 years
GSP was #1 for 6 years
Silva was #1 for 6 years (few months shy of 7 years)
Fedor was #1 for 8 years

Jones will be the GOAT if he wins the HW belt or stays champ for another year. This is crazy groundbreaking stuff guys. (List doesn't account for how active the fighters were/are just how long in years that they were numero uno).

<JonesLaugh>
He was banned for at least three of those years. Banned fighters aren't on top of shit.

Apparently they mean something for Jones as he doesn't seem to be confident in his abilities without it.
I see alot if fedor fanboys too saying he did use peds in japan.said it was fair because all where using.just funny he lost most of his fights in america.no more confidence?

Fedor was undefeated for 10 years straight at HW.

And if you wanna say "but but but Tsuyoshi Kohsaka loss!" then Jones isn't undefeated because of Hamill by the same logic.

Also, I am fine with GSP being GOAT. GSP and Fedor are both GOATs imo.

Finally, GOAT status is a matter of preference and subjective opinion so who the fuck cares?

Back