Jones has been #1 LHW for 8 years. GOAT?

Can you site examples of huge discrepancies within weight classes?
Gleison Tibau vs Caol Uno. Rumble vs Yoshida, Brenneman etc. Machida vs most opponents at lhw. Edgar vs anyone at LW.

that's because DC and Rumble left the division, the nr 2 and 3 on the list
And because Jones cleaned out the division convincingly. Beating DC obviously. Rumble vs Jones was the fight to have though...

He's had at leat one fight every single year of his career. He's never missed a calendar year. Why do people keep saying this? Most fans have been annoyed at him for getting special treatment. It's literally been a thing for years now.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jon-Jones-27944
You can say that all you want, but for three years of his prime, he wasn't champion and was unranked. Unranked fighters are not the best in their division

Gleison Tibau vs Caol Uno. Rumble vs Yoshida, Brenneman etc. Machida vs most opponents at lhw. Edgar vs anyone at LW.
I meant site specific examples of weight within weight class

Is my list accurate.

Jones has been the #1 LHW for 8 years in a row.

José was #1 for 6 years
Mighty Mouse was #1 for 6 years
GSP was #1 for 6 years
Silva was #1 for 6 years (few months shy of 7 years)
Fedor was #1 for 8 years

Jones will be the GOAT if he wins the HW belt or stays champ for another year. This is crazy groundbreaking stuff guys. (List doesn't account for how active the fighters were/are just how long in years that they were numero uno).

<JonesLaugh>

cant be number 1 when suspended for 3 years and still allowed to take peds.

I meant site specific examples of weight within weight class
You want me to go Google everyone's in cage weight? Nah I'm busy I'm not gonna waste all afternoon looking that stuff up. Everyone knows there are large weight discrepancies within weight classes. And I listed several examples. Edgar was the smaller man every time at lw.

GSP is the GOAT. With that said I think Jon can pass him, but he's not there yet. He's young though so he has time on his side.

Nope. Jones has had a fight every year of his career.

For a 5 year span ('14-'18) he only fought 5 times and won them all including beating DC x2, Gus, Glover and OSP. So during his 'inactivity' he beat DC twice.

If you only want to look at the year portion of the calendar. He had one fight in each calendar year from 2014 - 2019, with more than 12 months between each of his last four fights.

Active for less than half of that, and during that time the #2 LHW took out Rumble x2, Gus, Volkan, got bored and bulked up to win a HW title and is lining up his second title defense. Kinda easy to be #1 in the division when your closest competition decides to hand you his other belt after cleaning out most of the top 5, and your new list is full of people who either cant make the weight cut to MW anymore or prospects.

During his run he won fights in the US as well. Nice attempt there but I don't care that he lost after competing over 10 years in MMA and Combat Sambo every year.
At least he never popped.
His record in the u.s soil is what?

If you only want to look at the year portion of the calendar. He had one fight in each calendar year from 2014 - 2019, with more than 12 months between each of his last four fights.

Plenty of fighters go 12 months or more in-between fights. It's not uncommon. Jones still was the #1 guy during his 5 fights in 5 years. He literally beat DC twice the consensus #2 guy who grabbed the belt when Jones was stripped. There's literally no argument against Jones not being the #1 LHW during that 5 year span.

cant be number 1 when suspended for 3 years and still allowed to take peds.

I don't know if you're trolling but Jones has had a fight every calendar year of his career. There was a 5 years span where he fought 5 times. That's his most inactive time in his career and that was because of failed drug tests and suspensions/hearings.

I don't know if you're trolling but Jones has had a fight every calendar year of his career. There was a 5 years span where he fought 5 times. That's his most inactive time in his career and that was because of failed drug tests and suspensions/hearings.

you do understand clean fighters are suspended for 27 months right.

You mean disapear because tougher testing WASN'T on the horizon (aside from that crappy NSAC enhanced testing thing who refused to test GSP for his fight against Hendricks)?

And coming back when it is finally implemented?

PED argument doesn't concern me because I don't care if fighters use PEDs.
I am100% against using PEDs in amateur competitions. If you're using PEDs in amateur competitions, you're a fucking piece of shit,
period.
Because people are just interested in MMA so they have some amateur fights and most don't want to become pro and make it a career.

Doesn't pass the eye test and had gyno. Wanted tougher testing and then disappears when tougher testing shows up.

I also don't care about PED use. I believe most at the top are using and fighters have said similar things.
He retired nearly 2 years before usada. And insisted on being in the testing pool when he came back. You guys keep making it sound like he dodged USADA testing and thats an out and out LIE.

You can say that all you want, but for three years of his prime, he wasn't champion and was unranked. Unranked fighters are not the best in their division

Are you trolling?

Who in the last 8 years was a better LHW fighter than Jones? Rankings don't mean shit when everyone knows who the #1 guy is. You're appealing to authority (people who make the rankings) which is funny because most hardcore MMA and boxing fans don't take most rankings seriously.

If you're a hardcore fan of MMA or Boxing you have your own rankings and understand politics influences the rankings. Don't be that guy. Use common sense.

He needs to rack consecutive title defenses.

He's not there yet.

Back