Jones has been #1 LHW for 8 years. GOAT?

Jones was such a badass before USADA came and ruined everything. The things he did to Prime Shogun, Prime Machida, Bader, etc... He was beating outclassed fighters like Vera, Hamill and Matyshenko in just one round. Could you imagine that guy going to a decision with bums like Anthony Smith or even OSP? No way...

I see alot if fedor fanboys too saying he did use peds in japan.said it was fair because all where using.just funny he lost most of his fights in america.no more confidence?

During his run he won fights in the US as well. Nice attempt there but I don't care that he lost after competing over 10 years in MMA and Combat Sambo every year.
At least he never popped.

Depends how you feel about drug testing in the sport. Also whether you need a fighter to compete outside the weight class.

I think Jones is the best fighter, in that he has the most weapons and has been the most succesful at implementing them. But see GSP as the GOAT MMA competitor because of his record.

Jones was such a badass before USADA came and ruined everything. The things he did to Prime Shogun, Prime Machida, Bader, etc... He was beating outclassed fighters like Vera, Hamill and Matyshenko in just one round. Could you imagine that guy going to a decision with bums like Anthony Smith or even OSP? No way...

He did finish DC and Gustafsson post-USADA. Pre-USADA he decisioned both.

He was banned for at least three of those years. Banned fighters aren't on top of shit.

Hes pretty much been gone the last 4 years besides just recently

He's had at leat one fight every single year of his career. He's never missed a calendar year. Why do people keep saying this? Most fans have been annoyed at him for getting special treatment. It's literally been a thing for years now.

https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Jon-Jones-27944

That's probably the same thought the hundreds if other fighters who have popped for steroids or blow thought too before going on to never even win a belt.

Let alone becoming an undefeated long reigning champion unlike any that came before or as of this writing after them.

My issue with the " he's only good because he cheated" narrative is the fact that there have been literally 100s of confirmed cheaters yet somehow only 1 Jones, Armstrong, Bonds ETC.

That tends to lead me to believe there is far more too it than simply cheating.
So it's safe to assume you have never tried coke or steroids. Try them both and let me know how you think you would do in a fight. I also have trained martial arts since I was 13, I'm 34.

Do you train as well? I'm betting the answer is no to all three.

He did finish DC and Gustafsson post-USADA. Pre-USADA he decisioned both.
He tested positive after finishing DC and the comissions wouldn't even let him fight Gustaffson with the drugs that he had in his body and they had to move the event to another state. Sounds like "Pre-Usada" to me

Why do we get to call Jon GOAT but not Lance, even when Lance did something a trillion times less potent and in a sport where it would not nearly make as much of a difference as pico'ing in MMA?

Jones is the GOAT, but GSP isnt far behind, i wouldn't even argue with anybody that has GSP 1st. Its all subjective anyway.

Doesn't pass the eye test and had gyno. Wanted tougher testing and then disappears when tougher testing shows up.

I also don't care about PED use. I believe most at the top are using and fighters have said similar things.

You mean disapear because tougher testing WASN'T on the horizon (aside from that crappy NSAC enhanced testing thing who refused to test GSP for his fight against Hendricks)?

And coming back when it is finally implemented?

Honestly, this is actually sad to answer. This is another what could have been. When I first watch JBJ I thought he would be the first 2 division champ. I thought it was inevitable that he would be the GOAT. Unfortunately, he is a guy that will always be riddled in controversy. This is his own doing. I simply can't put him above the other all time greats because he has been caught doping. I simply can't say he is the best because of his actions. Certainly had the potential, but cant be considered the best.

There's huge size differences within a weight class. Not everyone cuts the same amount. He was a decent sized ww for sure but Rory, Woodley, Usman, Alves, Johnson, shields, Hendricks, Condit etc are all bigger than him.

185 in cage is not that big for a ww anymore. Many guys say they are closer to 200 in the cage.

Can you site examples of huge discrepancies within weight classes?

{<jordan}

You know a division is weak as shit when Chael is the number #1 contender to fight Jones.

Ah you just started watching mma so not familiar with recent history-
Okay quick history for ya-
No Chael was the #1 MW, hed just got off his loss to Silva he MW Champ
Dan Henderson was scheduled to fight Jones and he pulled out the last second and Chael offered to fight, no one else would.

Jones easilty dispatched Chael and continued to crush every one else hes faced including the current undefeated HW champ Daniel Cormier

If we pretend the other GOAT contenders are clean then Jones is not the GOAT.

Roids and most of his best wins were against blown up middleweights. So no.
Actually most of his wins have been against HWs
Including the current UFC HW champ Daniel Cormier
the Bellator HW champ (who just put Fedor to sleep with a jab) Ryan Bader
and the ONE FC HW champ Bryndan Vera

oh at he HW TUF winner Rashad, who was also LHW champ
oh and the LHW champ Shogun
and the LHW champ Machida

JJ is giving new fans an opportunity to see what GSP used to do at WW...

I just read someone saying how shitty LHW is now well... That's what happens when someone completely dominates a weight.. Wasn't long ago we said LHW was full of sharks at the top 5. Now I can barely tell you who is in the top 5.
that's because DC and Rumble left the division, the nr 2 and 3 on the list

Back