Jones has been #1 LHW for 8 years. GOAT?

GSP avenged both his losses and didn't get busted for PEDs twice. That makes him the GOAT.

Jones still tests positive to this day. That's how much steroids pumps through his veins.

How often was GSP tested by USADA?

According to his cuck fanbase maybe. Get real kid, you dont get to the very top of an individual sport, or especially a combat sport, and stay their without having an edge over the 80% of your division that is juiced up too. I dont need a dirty urine to know if the guys at the top of the heap are using something. The proof is abundantly out there, even some of GSPs request through his career and statements he has made have outed himself. Dont be afraid to look for the truth, when you quit thinking these prize fighters are some type of role models then it's an easier pill to swallow

Blah blah blah did he get popped? if no stfu and stick with the facts "kid"

If Jones wasn't stripped of his title and rankings on multiple occasions that might've been the case, but in reality Jones has not been the #1 LHW for 8 years.

Jones was the #1 LHW from 2011-2015, which is 4 years. And then again for another 5 months.
So Jones has been the #1 LHW for close to 5 years.

Happy to help TS.

So who was better than him at LHW when Jones wasn't? I don't care if he was stripped, nobody at LHW in the last 8 years is above him.

You forgot him popping twice. Also for the same substance his brother got popped for......by trained supplements ofc lol

I don't care about PEDs. I think Jones has been the #1 LHW for the last 8 years and counting. Jones was probably on PEDs at the start of his championship run, doesn't mean shit to me.

I had him as GOAT after the first year just because of who he beat in that timespan.

That's not logical, though. You could say he had GOAT potential but you need a great body of work (which he now has) to be the GOAT.

You'd have to have that rationale when trying to argue in favor of Jones.

Sources?

You were purposely ignoring his inactivity since the primary cause was due to failing drug tests. Him being active now is likely more due to being on borrowed time (the UFC can only justify his pulsing for so long) and the fact that the Light Heavyweight division is a wasteland and Jones can afford to fight weak talent/Middleweight rejects; the division being a wasteland has nothing to do with Jones and everything to do with the division having one of the worst turnover rates in the UFC, and the new fighters that it does end up getting have terrible records and/or weak resumes.

Cherry picking would be if I had only referenced say...GSP's inactivity between the Shields/Condit and Hendricks/Bisping fights, Jones' last 5 consecutive years were inactive primarily due to PEDs, which again, overrides any argument in favor of his legacy.

And that number is the actual math of how often he fought in the span of time, on average.

I don't care that Silva took PEDs either.

Gus and Smith both said they didn't care and wanted to fight him regardless. Santos doesn't seem to care. DC still wants the fight. Rockhold is talking about beating him.

Inactivity doesn't matter because you still have to continue fighting to show you're the best. Jones continued and has beat all his opponents longer than every other fighter except Fedor who he's tied with.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ironic that Jones LHW stint is filled with MWs. I'd call that a MW title reign at best.

What LHW's did he dodge? If Jones has to beat MW's to continue being #1 at LHW, then so be it.

But that is why I think Fedor is ahead of him.

How often was GSP tested by USADA?

He reentered the USADA pool in at 37 and beat the MW champ. He was the main proponent campaigning for USADA testing to be implemented and for stricter standards. How long have you been around?

length of time is not what defines GOAT.

But Jones is the greatest in ring/cage fighter I have ever seen in my lifetime.

GSP retired right prior to USADA.

Most of Jones opponents have been caught for something all were in their primes

And as far as actual mass not length. GSP was a massive WW

Right prior? Since when is a year and a half considered "right prior"

I don't care that Silva took PEDs either. Fedor and GSP were not natural in their prime.

Gus and Smith both said they didn't care and wanted to fight him regardless. Santos doesn't seem to care. DC still wants the fight. Rockhold is talking about beating him.

Inactivity doesn't matter because you still have to continue fighting to show you're the best. Jones continued and has beat all his opponents longer than every other fighter except Fedor who he's tied with.

What evidence to suggest that GSP has ever taken steroids?

Jon Jones has only looked vulnerable in one fight in his entire UFC career. That's pretty crazy in itself. The guy is unstoppable right now.

Will be crazy if he stays undefeated at LHW for another 2 years. That'll be a decade as the #1 in his division. Unprecedented.

Jones is probably the LHW GOAT, but never the GOAT. Peds tarnished his career. But who cares? It's all opinions anyway.

That's not logical, though. You could say he had GOAT potential but you need a great body of work (which he now has) to be the GOAT.

Jones had beaten the whole LHW big four. That was enough IMO. Got shit for it at the time. He's only added 9 fights since then, that's the core of his GOAT resume.

What evidence to suggest that GSP has ever taken steroids?

Doesn't pass the eye test and had gyno. Wanted tougher testing and then disappears when tougher testing shows up.

I also don't care about PED use. I believe most at the top are using and fighters have said similar things.

Back