Jones has been #1 LHW for 8 years. GOAT?

GSP didn't beat declining legends. He beat Hughes and Penn in their primes.

Jones on the other hand defeated Shogun after his prime (PRIDE), and Rampage well after he lost to Forrest (and post monster car rampage meltdown).
LOL @ believing that fighting anyone in the UFC, much less former dominant champions, is a walk in the park.

You hate Jones, I get it. I’m sure you have your reasons, but none of them actually have to do with the reality of his dominance at 205.

People talking about GSP's title reign as if Dan Hardy and Kos were a threat to the belt...GSP is/was an amazing fighter, but he lacked the finishing ability after the loss to Serra. Seven defenses in a row without a finish? Eek.

LOL @ believing that fighting anyone in the UFC, much less former dominant champions, is a walk in the park.

You hate Jones, I get it. I’m sure you have your reasons, but none of them actually have to do with the reality of his dominance at 205.
He didn't say it was easy. He said Jones beat a lot of guys near the end of their orime or past their prime. And that's an absolute fact.

Who is better or not is not the point.

It is the literal point of prize fighting.
Why do you take pride in a scumbag cheating to beat non scumbags?

See this is the problem, you are confusing 'pride' in describing Jon as the best with factual evidence that he is, just because I think the earth is a spheroid doesn't mean I take pride in that fact - I think a flat earth would be way cooler. It's just a fact, it might be hard for you to imagine bro, but facts can exist outside the influence of emotional tribalism.

Do you teach your kids that winning is the only thing that matters. No matter what you have to do to win?

Fucking serial killers are being brought up all over America by low ppl. But, you’ll stand up in court and say... But he was always such a good little boy. I don’t understand what happened to him.

You've gone off the deep end here haven't you bro? Steam coming from your ears as you try to cobble together words.

You understand, in the objective sense as I have been trying to point out to you - if someone were to ask me, who is the GOAT MMA fighter - the answer is Jon Jones.

Me affirming that doesn't mean I endorse his actions or that I think winning at all costs is the most important thing. Its a simple fact, Jon is the best, you can prove it with numbers, scales and frameworks to determine statistically the best.

Who or what are 'low ppl' by the way? Whatever it is, it probably describes you more than it describes me (I'm 6'9, jacked obviously).

I think he is trash. I think you are trash. Are we clear?

Sorry for hurting your feeling, maybe we can still be friends?

People talking about GSP's title reign as if Dan Hardy and Kos were a threat to the belt...GSP is/was an amazing fighter, but he lacked the finishing ability after the loss to Serra. Seven defenses in a row without a finish? Eek.
Finish rate has nothing to do with being the best. Mayweather rarely finishes anyone, and he is probably the best boxer of all time. He's definitely in the discussion. And gsps strength of schedule is way better than Jones or Silva.

Beat more highly ranked fighters at their absolute peak, in a deeper division. All facts, none of this is remotely debatable.

Would you at least say he's the LHW GOAT?
I can give him the LHW GOAT status for now, but until he moves up and dominates HW or the LHW division fills out with some new talents that he beats I can't say he's GOAT of MMA.

He was joking but I do think Conor's the most successful MMA fighter in terms of entrepreneurship.
Yeah I don't think that's arguable. Biggest star the sport has ever seen. Sigh.

Ironic that Jones LHW stint is filled with MWs. I'd call that a MW title reign at best.

As far as I'm concerned, most MMA fighters have used PEDs
You'd have to have that rationale when trying to argue in favor of Jones.

and some of Jones' opponents have said they don't care.
Sources?

I don't get your fight activeness point. Jones will probably fight 3 times this year. Some years he's not as active as others.
You were purposely ignoring his inactivity since the primary cause was due to failing drug tests. Him being active now is likely more due to being on borrowed time (the UFC can only justify his pulsing for so long) and the fact that the Light Heavyweight division is a wasteland and Jones can afford to fight weak talent/Middleweight rejects; the division being a wasteland has nothing to do with Jones and everything to do with the division having one of the worst turnover rates in the UFC, and the new fighters that it does end up getting have terrible records and/or weak resumes.

You cherry picked 4 years where he wasn't that active and came up with a number that is less than 1 year/365 days. You weren't being objective with that statement. 341.8 days. Lol. It was pretty funny, though.
Cherry picking would be if I had only referenced say...GSP's inactivity between the Shields/Condit and Hendricks/Bisping fights, Jones' last 5 consecutive years were inactive primarily due to PEDs, which again, overrides any argument in favor of his legacy.

And that number is the actual math of how often he fought in the span of time, on average.

Tyron Woodley, Kamaru Usman, Darren Till are massive WWs.
GSP cut from 188 lbs.
Woodley cuts from 190 lbs.
Usman cuts from 185 lbs.

Till is the only one (of these names) that was actually big for the division (200 lbs).

Is my list accurate.

Jones has been the #1 LHW for 8 years in a row.

José was #1 for 6 years
Mighty Mouse was #1 for 6 years
GSP was #1 for 6 years
Silva was #1 for 6 years (few months shy of 7 years)
Fedor was #1 for 8 years

Jones will be the GOAT if he wins the HW belt or stays champ for another year. This is crazy groundbreaking stuff guys. (List doesn't account for how active the fighters were/are just how long in years that they were numero uno).

<JonesLaugh>

I had him as GOAT after the first year just because of who he beat in that timespan.

How long was he out during that period?

Lots of shitty fights.
Lots of roids.

Fighting guys a head shorter than him.

Farcical career when you get down to it.

Whatever you say. Shogun was ripe for the picking, Rampage was past his prime, Machida and Belfort were middleweights.

Anyway, Jon still has an impressive resume -- but it's tainted as fuck by his multiple PED positive tests. In the end, all his wins are going to be overturned eventually.

Jones is the cheating GOAT, GSP is the real GOAT. DC is LHW GOAT, Jones is the LHW cheating GOAT and I don't think anyone will pass Jones for a while

Check out the GOAT poll on the front page.

Ha Ha! This thread is bullsh!t!
Let's just count what we want to and ignore the suspensions, the PEDs, and the facts too.

He didn't say it was easy. He said Jones beat a lot of guys near the end of their orime or past their prime. And that's an absolute fact.
Were they not ranked fighters?

Back