Jones has been #1 LHW for 8 years. GOAT?

How many times was GSP tested under USADA?

so by your logic actually, since GSP's prime wasn't during USADA, it means even IF he was cheating, which he never got caught for, it was a level playing field.

Jones is failing tests for fights in a relatively drug-free era, meaning he has a significant advantage.

GSP moved up a weight class, passed his USADA tests and won the belt. Has Jones done that?

I don't engage in P4P discussions, I was merely pointing out that excluding the lack of activity with Jones only highlights your lack of objectivity.

From the Teixeira fight (2014) to the Gustafsson rematch (2018), Jones fought just one time every 341.8 days, and the Light Heavyweight division is a wasteland (like this thread).

Oh and Jones is a steroid cheat, which overrules any argument for his greatness.

It's a wasteland cos Jones wrecks everybody and Bader is in Bellator and Rumble retired to focus on being obese.

so by your logic actually, since GSP's prime wasn't during USADA, it means even IF he was cheating, which he never got caught for, it was a level playing field.

Jones is failing tests for fights in a relatively drug-free era, meaning he has a significant advantage.

GSP moved up a weight class, passed his USADA tests and won the belt. Has Jones done that?
Exactly this. Jones is fucking melting the tests in an era of strict testing. And his peers are not. Nobody else at LHW has failed as much as he has.

So he's either dumber than everyone else in the division, which I doubt, or he's on considerably more gear.

Jones can still move up and still be the #1 LHW for a few more years. That's why it's interesting.

Jones is the GOAT yes and has been the GOAT for quite some time. He is miles a head of #2 - DC. That should tell you everything about the skills of Jon Jones.

Nobody comes close.
This is the single best argument. Its indisputable how great Jones is

It's a wasteland cos Jones wrecks everybody and Bader is in Bellator and Rumble retired to focus on being obese.
It's funny how that's the only part of my post you replied to, it's almost like you had no defense for the other points in my argument <Lmaoo>.

Exactly this. Jones is fucking melting the tests in an era of strict testing. And his peers are not. Nobody else at LHW has failed as much as he has.

So he's either dumber than everyone else in the division, which I doubt, or he's on considerably more gear.

His opponents have said they don't care about his drug use. He's currently being called out by fighters who know of his drug use. It's not that big of a deal when you know what's going on in MMA in regards to PED use.

Whats that got to do with being the GOAT bro?

Who says he’s the GOAT but low ppl? Did you check the poll? Literally nobody with any credibility says Jones* is the GOAT. It’s a fact, and you can’t deny it. Even the commentators plug their noses when speaking about that clown.

GSP is the goat. Beat all top contenders and people in their prime. Jones is good, but I am sure he was on the sauce + he beat battle worn fighters. All the guys Jones beat were kicking each others asses before he showed up.

He’s the GOAT, IMO. Hand down. Of course we have to mention the PED thing. My take on that is, everyone at the top is on them. It’s an even playing field.

The problem with praising duration instead of number of fights is that it rewards inactivity.

That said, I do think jones is the best fighter we’ve seen.

"Well he cheated but I think cheating is fine so everyone else should too"

Nah some people think cheating eliminates you from goat. In fact, that's nearly universally the case across all of athletics. Get caught cheating get stripped of everything and publicly shamed.

Used to he a big Jones fan but he will never, ever be goat in the eyes of the majority of fans.

I can appreciate your view, but just answer me this one question. Who is the most skillful MMA fighter we've ever seen? Can you justify it not being Jones, minus the steroid scandal?

I don't like steroid cheats, I think Bisping would've been champ long before he was if he was fighting guys without artificially inflated T levels...when we look at other sports...is Barry Bonds not the greatest home run hitter ever? He isn't my favorite player. He isn't my favorite longball hitter...but statistically, he is the best to ever do it. I don't have to like the guy to recognize he was the best at what he did. Is Lance Armstrong not the greatest cyclist?

Greatness can be acknowledged without condoning the behavior.

In that case GSP is numero uno

Stayed number one for 10 years (if we use your logic) and came back to become MW champ.

gsp.jpg

LOL @ comparing a guy who tapped to strikes to Jon Jones.

Never lost to an opponent in the octagon. Never even been rocked by another man in the octagon.

Any non fanboi knows Bones GOAT

Last edited:
Disagree. Fair to say I and most people here would say that Conor is the GOAT.

Who says he’s the GOAT but low ppl? Did you check the poll? Literally nobody with any credibility says Jones* is the GOAT. It’s a fact, and you can’t deny it. Even the commentators plug their noses when speaking about that clown.
Who is a better fighter than Jon?

Butt-hurt fanboys can cry steroids all day long, he was a prodigy from day 1 as Brian Stann describes when he entered the GYM for the first time - out striking guys with no training.

Just man up bro, name me a better fighter - there is no one that reaches the unrivaled dominance that he has..

Hes a piece of shit, scumbag - but if you or any of the anti doping zealots could actually manage to think objectively for a moment you'd park that to one side and admit hes the best. Even if you don't the record books will show it.

Yes, because beating middleweights and once great washed up fighters makes you contend for GOAT status. The only GOAT JJ is Guilty Of Abusing Turinabol.

It's funny how that's the only part of my post you replied to, it's almost like you had no defense for the other points in my argument <Lmaoo>.

Address what?

As far as I'm concerned, most MMA fighters have used PEDs and some of Jones' opponents have said they don't care.

I don't get your fight activeness point. Jones will probably fight 3 times this year. Some years he's not as active as others. You cherry picked 4 years where he wasn't that active and came up with a number that is less than 1 year/365 days. You weren't being objective with that statement. 341.8 days. Lol. It was pretty funny, though.

huh?
I just said GSP never tested under USADA, which seems to be the disqualifying metric

Back