Jones: better or worse than he seems?

When I look at a champ like Khabib, I see complete and utter dominance. He makes guys quit in the ring, and makes it look easy. His wrestling is so damn good that I can't see any other lw on the planet beating him, other than with a fluke KO.

Jones, on the other hand, has a significant amount of very close wins.

DC 1 was a slugfest, with neither fighter looking great by the end. DC 2 was a close match up until the KO (hell DC might have even been winning until that point).

OSP fight was unimpressive. Santos fight was very close, and the guys legs were shot. Gus 1 was very close. Gus 2 jones had a great game plan for, so I'll give him that one.

With all these close wins, is Jon overrated / lucky ? He clearly isn't very dominant. Other than Gus 2, I haven't seen him put on a Khabib style one sided beatdown in a while.

Or is all of this on purpose? As he leaves his athletic prime, maybe he has just adopted a much more careful and meticulous style (like Kobe in his 30s), meaning he is content to get the close wins ? Maybe he is just that good and all this is part of the plan?

Which one is it?
You need to chill out a little. One has 3 championship fights and the other 15. Lets see khabib defend a few more times

Rashad ( who only had one loss prior to Jones), Machida (only two losses), Shogun, Rampage (first time he was finished in the UFC), Gustafsson, DC 2X.
Jones' resume is disguting.
Even his not as impressive wins would be the crowning achievement of many UFC champions, such as TRTor and Glover who had a 20 fight win streak iirc.

its by far the most impressive cv we have seen. Zero cans in the last 11 years. All accomplished fighters. Throw in ryan bader, who a lot of people think is a top 5 hw now his resume is just full of killers.

No offense to Smith but the guy is a can. Gus retired, that's not a big win.
Callin smith a can? Bit too far that buddy. And disrespecting gus shows you absolutely zero idea about mma.

He has fought better opposition.

source.gif

Which one is it?

This is my take. Jones is the kind of fighter who fights as hard as his opponent forces him too. You see the fights where he gives his best performances like the vitor fight or the machida fight these guys gave him trouble so he turns up the heat in retaliation. Like with the corimer fight, he was eating shots in the 2 early rounds, he turned it up and scored the TKO.

You say he hasn't looked great. While that's true you cant say he's faced much adversity either, No one is pushing him to fight his hardest.

Jones has been dominating for fucking years. And is still fighting top competition. Khabib has only 3 championship fights and is already talking about retiring.

Lol.. Khabib compared to Jones

What an embarrassing comparison my friend. Look at the fucking resumes. Jones has the single greatest resume in the history of the sport. Honestly it isn’t even close.
All I see are overhyped PRIDE guys who were only able to win the UFC belt because of how weak the LHW division was, guys who should be fighting at 185, and a near 40 year old DC who Jones had to cheat in order to compete with, despite the fact Jones already had a significant advantage not having the fight at DC's optimal weight.

Now he's got guys like Santos and Reyes.

Last edited:
When I look at a champ like Khabib, I see complete and utter dominance. He makes guys quit in the ring, and makes it look easy. His wrestling is so damn good that I can't see any other lw on the planet beating him, other than with a fluke KO.

Jones, on the other hand, has a significant amount of very close wins.

DC 1 was a slugfest, with neither fighter looking great by the end. DC 2 was a close match up until the KO (hell DC might have even been winning until that point).

OSP fight was unimpressive. Santos fight was very close, and the guys legs were shot. Gus 1 was very close. Gus 2 jones had a great game plan for, so I'll give him that one.

With all these close wins, is Jon overrated / lucky ? He clearly isn't very dominant. Other than Gus 2, I haven't seen him put on a Khabib style one sided beatdown in a while.

Or is all of this on purpose? As he leaves his athletic prime, maybe he has just adopted a much more careful and meticulous style (like Kobe in his 30s), meaning he is content to get the close wins ? Maybe he is just that good and all this is part of the plan?

Which one is it?
dominant while on peds. usada comes in and catches him a couple of times. Looks deflated and far from dominant. the dc and gus that fought him while on the juice would have beat him handily if he was clean imo.

Manlets, all of them, and Gus had a manlet sized heart in the second fight.
So now some of the greatest lhw’s of all time are manlets and suck.

Damn....trolling on another level.

So now some of the greatest lhw’s of all time are manlets and suck.

Damn....trolling on another level.
Although not a serious post, It's true that Jon threw them around like children and most of them moved down, or back down as the case may be

dominant while on peds. usada comes in and catches him a couple of times. Looks deflated and far from dominant. the dc and gus that fought him while on the juice would have beat him handily if he was clean imo.
His body has looked the same since he came into the org.

All I see are overhyped PRIDE guys who were only able to win the UFC belt because of how weak the LHW division was, guys who should be fighting at 185, and a near 40 year old DC who Jones had to cheat in order to compete with, despite the fact Jones already had a significant advantage not having the fight at DC's optimal weight.

Now he's got guys like Santos and Reyes.

Khabib fought guys that were tending bar, and driving cabs.. I'll take the so called overhyped Pride guys..

Although not a serious post, It's true that Jon threw them around like children and most of them moved down, or back down as the case may be
But at least acknowledge they are a collection of the greatest 205 fighters ever.

Back