Jones: better or worse than he seems?

Conor made Khabib look very human at times

Also Jones dominance is tied directly to PEDs. Lately he has only been a picogram better than his competition.
If you mean him still being pissed off even after total vindication and dominance in the ring, yeah, that's very human.

Other than that, Conor didn't "make" Khabib do or be anything he didn't want to.

Nobody says it beforehand though and Shogun never says it afterwards either, I don't recall him ever making any excuse for defeats beyond questioning decisions against Machida and Hendo.

Again rewatch the fight, it wasn't a beatdown at all until they stand up after 3-4 mins and Shogun is clearly gassed at that point. Jones basically fought Shogun coming off an ACL injury too soon with poor cardio ala Coleman 2 and then dragged out the beatdown.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make.

it was one of the most uncompromising scary beatdowns in martial arts history . Shogun had 8 strikes that entire fight
shogun+taps.gif

Jones beat the shit out of Shogun untill he couldn't take it anymore and begged for mercy

He's lost a lot more rounds than Khabib and Khabib wins a lot more 10-8 rounds in a way more stacked division.

Jones could do that too if he chose to use his wrestling, which is probably some of the best there is in the UFC. But he has this thing where he has to beat people at their own game, so we never get to see it anymore.

Jones has had very dominant wins against tougher opponents than Khabib. Jones has fought the best of the best for a very long time. It is normal to look human sometimes. He is still the GOAT.

Khabib needs few more wins to even be compared to Jon

People are really sold on Khabib after the Conor fight eh? Khabib has defended been in like 3 championship bouts, Jones has been in over 10 and completely dismantled a stacked division so badly all the superstars of that division are in another organization now. Jones is an amazing fighter. Comparing Jones to Khabib is disgraceful, it'll take khabib at least half a decade to even come close to accomplishing what Jones has accomplished and they're like the same age. The only thing Khabib has on Jones is that he never got caught for PEDs. I'll agree with you, Jones hasn't looked as dominant as he used to in his 20s, but we literally have not seen Jones even try to impose his wrestling on guys he fights like he used to. For example, when he fought Thiago Santos I don't think he attempted 1 takedown, he chose to strike with Santos and still beat him. It'd be like Khabib fighting McGregor and striking with him instead of jocksniffing his way to a victory like he normally does. Mind you, Jones has been doing this for years now, so he doesn't get as many finishes as he used to. He honestly should go back to using his wrestling before someone gets lucky and knocks him out instead of trying to prove he's legit in every aspect of the game.

Back