Jon Jones wouldn't have done much better than Maldonado...

I'm a HUGE Miocic fan but saying JBJ would lose as easily as Fabio is ridiculous.

Not to mention JBJ could prolly be 265

Jon Jones weighs 240-250 pounds of solid muscle and cuts 35-40 pounds to make 205? Jones can't weigh more than 230 at the most.

Struve is 7 feet tall and weighs 260 pounds with an 84.5 inch reach. I doubt Jones would rag doll him. It would probably be a competitive fight where if Jones won it would be by decision.

Jones wouldn't be able to eat up Struve's legs while standing. He would probably shatter his chicken legs after Struve checked a leg kick.

Are you joking? Let me put it in bold for you since you can't read...

"If Jon Jones decides to come up to heavyweight he is going to be walking around at 240 - 250 lbs, muscle."

Yes, IF JON JONES DECIDES TO GO TO HEAVYWEIGHT, he would weigh-in between 240-250 lbs. of muscle. Please learn to read so I don't have to keep holding your hand. Be warned, I will remove you from the organization if I have to!

Edit: I forgot to add, do you understand what center of gravity is? Do you understand why Struve has garbage wrestling? Please go take some physics courses and expand your thinking. Struve would be rag dolled by a heavyweight JBJ.

you still haven't told us why
jevon kearse, russell Wilson, LeBron James, those are freak athletes

no mma fighter isa freak athlete, but Jones is closest

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

GSP, MM, Pettis, Benson, TJ, Cruz, Aldo, Barao, Weidman, Khabib, Chael, Daron, Spong, JDS, Miocic, Hendrics, Rory, Rochold and DANIEL CORMIER

all of them are freak athlete and i could list more

Exactly, because no boxer in the history of boxing has ever moved up 4-5 weightclasses and continued to dominate. James Toney isn't a real person. Rocky Marciano wasn't 5'9" beating men 6-7 inches taller and 30-40lbs heavier than him. No. Boxing hasn't already proven this ridiculous argument completely and totally wrong.

When you throw grappling and wrestling into the mix, weight can make a huge difference. Grappling with a man 30-40 pounds larger than you can be extremely exhausting and is a completely different animal when compared to boxing.

Kanye-West-Shaking-Head-No.gif

GSP, MM, Pettis, Benson, TJ, Cruz, Aldo, Barao, Weidman, Khabib, Chael, Daron, Spong, JDS, Miocic, Hendrics, Rory, Rochold and DANIEL CORMIER

all of them are freak athlete and i could list more

Nah, only one of those guys could be considered a freak athlete and that is Daniel Cormier. You also didn't even list Jon Jones, one of the only other freak athletes I consider in MMA.

I'm a HUGE Miocic fan but saying JBJ would lose as easily as Fabio is ridiculous.

Not to mention JBJ could prolly be 265

Jones just keeps getting larger by the post. By the end of this thread people are going to be saying Jones will be 350 pounds of solid muscle if he competes at HW.

When you throw grappling and wrestling into the mix, weight can make a huge difference. Grappling with a man 30-40 pounds larger than you can be extremely exhausting and is a completely different animal when compared to boxing.
That's why at the Mundials and ADCC the lighter, lankier and faster grapplers tend to lose.

Nah, only one of those guys could be considered a freak athlete and that is Daniel Cormier. You also didn't even list Jon Jones, one of the only other freak athletes I consider in MMA.
Cro Cop was a freak athlete.

Jones just keeps getting larger. By the end of this thread people are going to be saying Jones will be 350 pounds of solid muscle if he competes at HW.

What don't you understand? He is a very long fighter, at 6'4", with great genetics. When Jon Jones decides to move to heavyweight he is going to put on weight. He is going to do it slow, he is going to do it smart, and he is going to end up at a weight where he maintains as much speed as possible and gains strength and size. You really have no idea what you're talking about at all. Please, go take some courses on nutrition, anatomy, biology, physiology, and strength and conditioning.

You're insane. The human body adapts to whatever activity it performs on a daily basis. I guarantee if you put any MMA fighter into a boxing ring they are going to be absolutely exhausted. Who is 30-40 pounds LARGER? Why are you so ignorant? Who is that much bigger than Jon Jones? Big Foot? Struve? Coming in at 290 lbs. after their cut? Get out of here!

jones would beat him so badly . jones would beat any h/w besides cain , dc and may be jds

And MAYBE JDS? DC for sure but MAYBE the only person who has finished the HW champ using his immense power and quick hands? JDS is like AG x2, my friend.

Are you joking? Let me put it in bold for you since you can't read...

"If Jon Jones decides to come up to heavyweight he is going to be walking around at 240 - 250 lbs, muscle."

Yes, IF JON JONES DECIDES TO GO TO HEAVYWEIGHT, he would weigh-in between 240-250 lbs. of muscle. Please learn to read so I don't have to keep holding your hand. Be warned, I will remove you from the organization if I have to!

Edit: I forgot to add, do you understand what center of gravity is? Do you understand why Struve has garbage wrestling? Please go take some physics courses and expand your thinking. Struve would be rag dolled by a heavyweight JBJ.

Even if Jones managed to weigh 250 pounds of solid muscle, he still wouldn't be able rag doll a 260 pound Struve. You are forgetting Struve's ability to take punishment and still pull of submissions.

Struve has lost 4 times since 2009. The fighters who have beaten him were devastating punching powers. JDS, Roy Nelson, Travis Browne, and Mark Hunt. Jones doesn't have the kind of brutal power those men have.

I think it's time to officially crown Jones haters as the most butthurt fans in the world. Dreaming of scenarios of him losing outside of his weight class because he's winning in his own. Pathetic.

i think jones would do better than maldonado

Oversold it a little bit with the wake up people part but 12 pages is impressive, so I'll say 8/10

Back