Jon Jones wouldn't have done much better than Maldonado...

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
He's the better fighter, but against a D-1 HW wrestler and freak athlete with knockout power like Miocic, he just doesn't have the tools to win.

If anything Maldonado at least had a puncher's chance going into the fight. Jones wouldn't have an advantage anywhere, he's never dropped anyone with a strike at 205 so I cant see him rocking a HW.

Let's be honest, a guy like Stipe would maul him as would Cain, and most of the top HW's. Wake up people!!

Stipe would 100 percent maul him, probably even KO him within 2 rounds.

JDS would be a nightmare match up, hes' like Gus times 3.

Cain, Bigfoot, Werdum lol... Please. Worst match up ever.

I doubt Jones could even get past Travis Browne.

Jones vs Miocic, make it happen Dana!

Would watch. Stipe RD2 TKO

Frankie Edgar would have a really tough time with those guys too.

haters_gonna_hate_ponies-37112.gif

Lol at Miocic being a "freak athlete"

Division 1 wrestler, golden gloves boxer, star baseball player, was on just about every sports team in his hs and college days... ya, freak athlete.

Now you tell me why he's not?

Oh gawwd jones whips him like a croatian step chip. I mean come on mang, Stipe got bodied by Struve for gods sake, Jones got this by whatever he wants.

Oh gawwd jones whips him like a croatian step chip. I mean come on mang, Stipe got bodied by Struve for gods sake, Jones got this by whatever he wants.

Lol are you implying Jones would stand a chance against Struve?

Division 1 wrestler, golden gloves boxer, star baseball player, was on just about every sports team in his hs and college days... ya, freak athlete.

Now you tell me why he's not?

Wrecked by Struve.

jones would beat him so badly . jones would beat any h/w besides cain , dc and may be jds

He's the better fighter, but against a D-1 HW wrestler and freak athlete with knockout power like Miocic, he just doesn't have the tools to win.

If anything Maldonado at least had a puncher's chance going into the fight. Jones wouldn't have an advantage anywhere, he's never dropped anyone with a strike at 205 so I cant see him rocking a HW.

Let's be honest, a guy like Stipe would maul him as would Cain, and most of the top HW's. Wake up people!!

I don't understand where you people come from? Arguably one of the best pound for pound fighters who is a physical God, doesn't have the tools to win? Are you joking right now? When people call Miocic the most athletic heavyweight, do you actually believe Brian Stann? Never dropped anyone with a strike? Whaaa?

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Jon Jones with an extra 10-15 lbs would be quite the HW. Besides, your username reveals your bias.

Division 1 wrestler, golden gloves boxer, star baseball player... what's funny about it?

How does this make him a freak athlete? You do realize there are a lot of Golden Gloves tournaments, right? Did he win the nationals, or some citywide tournament? I would guess the latter. What did he do as a wrestler in college that was so great? There are thousands of college wrestlers, are they all freak athletes?

He is a good athlete but was never close to being near the best in any of those sports. Bo Jackson was a freak athlete, Stipe Miocic not so much.

I don't understand where you people come from? Arguably one of the best pound for pound fighters who is a physical God, doesn't have the tools to win? Are you joking right now? When people call Miocic the most athletic heavyweight, do you actually believe Brian Stann? Never dropped anyone with a strike? Whaaa?

Ok then, where do you see Jones having the advantage?

He's not outwrestling him, he couldn't take down Gus ffs.

He's not knocking him out with those little pillow punches he throws.

He's not gonna have a size, reach, strength, or weight advantage come fight time... probably not even the speed advantage.

Stipe hits harder, can take a shot, and doesn't gas for a HW. I think Jones would get bullied honestly.

Glover was supposed to maul him too remember? pretty much anyone that Jones hasn't fought yet will destroy him.

totally agree. Stipe would beat Jones. Maldanado had never even be dropped at 205, let alone beat by strikes.

Back