Jon Jones wouldn't have done much better than Maldonado...

How does this make him a freak athlete? You do realize there are a lot of Golden Gloves tournaments, right? Did he win the nationals, or some citywide tournament? I would guess the latter. What did he do as a wrestler in college that was so great? There are thousands of college wrestlers, are they all freak athletes?

He is a good athlete but was never close to being near the best in any of those sports. Bo Jackson was a freak athlete, Stipe Miocic not so much.

For a HW MMA fighter that weighs 240 lbs he is a freak athlete, it's all relative I'm comparing him to his competition.

He's the better fighter, but against a D-1 HW wrestler and freak athlete with knockout power like Miocic, he just doesn't have the tools to win.

If anything Maldonado at least had a puncher's chance going into the fight. Jones wouldn't have an advantage anywhere, he's never dropped anyone with a strike at 205 so I cant see him rocking a HW.

Let's be honest, a guy like Stipe would maul him as would Cain, and most of the top HW's. Wake up people!!
Having a strong opinion about the outcome of a completely hypothetical situation...then telling people to wake up? Here is whats not hypothetical. You. You are a moron. The end.

Are we seriously doing this?

Jon would have experience, speed, technique and reach on Miocic. Miocic doesn't get to close the distance. Jones is more sure of himself in the octagon, knows what to do and when, and would clip Miocic from the outside all night, and if Miocic closed the distance, Jones' clinch is good enough to blast Miocic in the face with elbows.

And I like Miocic.

Bones would manhandle Stipe. I don't think it would be close. It would be a 3 round blowout with Bones getting hit 2 or 3 times a round and Stipe looking like he was in a car accident.

I think Jones has a better chance than people give him credit for honestly. and I am by no means a fan of boner jones

Having a strong opinion about the outcome of a completely hypothetical situation...then telling people to wake up? Here is whats not hypothetical. You. You are a moron. The end.

It pleases me that I got to you a bit.

He would do much better than Fabio... You can't be serious. Stipe would be a favorite but to say Fabio is on Jones' level is laughable. I'm not even a Jones' fan.

Ok then, where do you see Jones having the advantage?

He's not outwrestling him, he couldn't take down Gus ffs.

He's not knocking him out with those little pillow punches he throws.

He's not gonna have a size, reach, strength, or weight advantage come fight time... probably not even the speed advantage.

Stipe hits harder, can take a shot, and doesn't gas for a HW. I think Jones would get bullied honestly.

I don't understand why you think you know what you're talking about...? So not taking Gus down in their fight automatically means that Jon Jones has a 0% chance of taking down Miocic? That is the first indicator you're wrong. Secondly the fact you don't recognize that Jon Jones has much better kicking technique, and all his techniques are much faster, aka better hand and foot speed. Now you're saying Jon Jones has pillow punches? Do you care to get hit by them? Knocking people out has nothing to do with how hard you hit. This is another indicator that you're wrong and you've never trained a stand-up oriented discipline. Jon Jones has a longer reach than Stipe Miocic, and fights very long to begin with, thus an advantage on the outside in my opinion. Neither has the size advantage, Jones could have the size advantage, I bet he also has the strength advantage. I think he also has the speed advantage. What does weight advantage have to do with anything? Do you think being heavier than your opponent is an automatic advantage? Another indicator you have never trained. Now you're saying that Stipe has a chin even though he's been finished with strikes? Has Jon Jones been finished with strikes? No? Who do you think has the better chin? I think Jon Jones has the better chin. Doesn't gas? Bwahahaha, so Jon Jones does gas?

I think it is clear you don't understand how fighting works, the dynamics, the engagement, the strategy, anything. I think you are absolutely clueless about MMA and Martial Arts. Please, think before you make any more posts.

Bones would manhandle Stipe. I don't think it would be close. It would be a 3 round blowout with Bones getting hit 2 or 3 times a round and Stipe looking like he was in a car accident.

This is the most accurate statements I've seen. Remember Glover was on a 10 year win streak or sumchit just mauling :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:s, but after the Jones fight, it looked like he got into a car crash, faced fukked up and shoulder wrecked without even coming close to rocking much less challenging Jones. Stipe was knocked out by Struve for gods sake, thats a major indictment for anyone trying to come for the crown sorry.

Maldonado takes punches from LHWs like nothing. He actually laughs at them and tells them to hit him some more. After one shot from Stipe he looked like he shat his pants.

HWs are different beasts. There's a reason why so many people cut a metric shit ton of weight to fight at LHW and MW. Look at the speed and power of guys like Stipe, Cain and JDS. Once they land a shot the entire damn octagon shakes.

Lol are you implying Jones would stand a chance against Struve?

whats shocking about this? struve fights like hes five foot 2 and jones is great at controlling distance. If anything it would be shocking if he didnt win

Wrecked by Struve.

After doing well against him in round one. Too bad he gassed after that and got taken out. At some point Stipe will have to forgo his job if he wants to take that next step.

Division 1 wrestler, golden gloves boxer, star baseball player, was on just about every sports team in his hs and college days... ya, freak athlete.

Now you tell me why he's not?
you still haven't told us why
jevon kearse, russell Wilson, LeBron James, those are freak athletes

no mma fighter isa freak athlete, but Jones is closest

Maldonado takes punches from LHWs like nothing. He actually laughs at them and tells them to hit him some more. After one shot from Stipe he looked like he shat his pants.

HWs are different beasts. There's a reason why so many people cut a metric shit ton of weight to fight at LHW and MW. Look at the speed and power of guys like Stipe, Cain and JDS. Once they land a shot the entire damn octagon shakes.

Please go train in some Martial Arts. Telling people that you take punches all day isn't a good thing, telling people you're known as a tough guy isn't a good thing. Maldonado will retire in a few more fights, his brain is gone. Heavyweights are different beasts? Eh, look at Rumble Johnson if you want to understand why you don't know what you're talking about...

this thread is obviously a Jones hate thread
you idiots are going to be really posed off when he is hw champ in 2016

I'm out!

He's the better fighter, but against a D-1 HW wrestler and freak athlete with knockout power like Miocic, he just doesn't have the tools to win.

If anything Maldonado at least had a puncher's chance going into the fight. Jones wouldn't have an advantage anywhere, he's never dropped anyone with a strike at 205 so I cant see him rocking a HW.

Let's be honest, a guy like Stipe would maul him as would Cain, and most of the top HW's. Wake up people!!

Lol.

This is retarded, but this thread will go 20+ pages.

Back