Jon jones the most disrespected fighter in UFC history?

Maybe one day you will be able to pay rent and buy food betting against Jon Jones...until then, stop manufacturing logic that suits your argument. Currently they only take money for rent and food so leave society out of this and focus on the thread. Please!

You still did not answer my question...how much have you won or lost betting against Jon Jones? People hate people that frequently make them lose money, this is main reason people hate Jones. Everything else is just an excuse to justify their bad choice when they bet against him. Personality and mma don't even belong in the same sentence.

We get it, you're 14 years old and don't understand how the big boys think. Relax, you'll understand once you mature.

That is a great comment!

Jon would be living in his girlfriend's parent's basement? Just like his brothers would be on food stamps! Please, with his talent he could be good/great in a few sports. I'm not telling you anything about doctors...we are talking about mma...remember?

Everybody talked tough about him before they fought him. O'Brien, Vera, Shogun, Rampage, Rashad, Chael and Glover to name a few. And what did they say after? Very different type of respectful talk. It is easy to talk tough, you have to convince yourself you can compete against your opponent so don't buy to heavily into tough talk.

Mma groupie? What is that...who says that ? Seriously, how many times did you bet against him? How many times did you win? Being in NYC I would think you would already know that Jon Jones is "the King of New York". You guys won't even sanction mma, even though there are many great fighters living there.

Haters<Jones bottom line.
What, IF you knew anything about NYC you would know JBJ is not from NYC but from Upstate NY. Also, in NYC JBJ is relatively unknown. MMA isn't huge in NYC. Plus if you know anything the "KING OF NY" is Jay-Z. STFU!

The hypocrisy here is just unbelievable. Many of you hate on Jones. Yet, you clowns hate Dana when he hates on Fedor. Many of you also hate on Silva. You clowns are saying he's not the goat, yet, now that Weidman got lucky twice, you clowns are saying Weidman will become the goat. You clowns say GSP is not boring, yet, you fools say Bendo and Mighty Mouse are boring. So on and so on. It's always <insert Caucasian> is great while <insert non Caucasian> is horrible and should burn in hell.
If you'd stop treating Sherdog as a single person, you'd have an easier time understanding this. Do you think all of those views are usually held by the same person?

I dislike Jones quite a bit, but I'm not fond of Dana talking down about his fighters. I guess that part's a wash for me.

Silva was amazing, with the exception of two fights. Mighty Mouse is awesome all around and I'll root for him in every fight except against Uncle Creepy, where I can't decide. Bendo has started to annoy me slightly very recently, but that's just the split decisions starting to get under my skin. Especially the Thomson fight.

I definitely think that Jones gets a bit more flak than a white guy acting the same way would do, but a large part of it is just the way he acts and the way he fights, regardless of ethnicity.

By all means, racists gonna racists, but douches gonna douche, and Jones is one of the latter.

The hypocrisy here is just unbelievable. Many of you hate on Jones. Yet, you clowns hate Dana when he hates on Fedor. Many of you also hate on Silva. You clowns are saying he's not the goat, yet, now that Weidman got lucky twice, you clowns are saying Weidman will become the goat. You clowns say GSP is not boring, yet, you fools say Bendo and Mighty Mouse are boring. So on and so on. It's always <insert Caucasian> is great while <insert non Caucasian> is horrible and should burn in hell.

This. A lot of not so covert racism going on in this forum but they try to deny it by giving their petty reasoning for why they despise him.

Are there people that REALLY like Jones??? or are they just fucking trolls...

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah its all about race. It has nothing to do with drunk driving, having an event cancelled or being one of the dirtiest fighters in the sport.

Another petty hater. He's a young man who made a mistake yet you want to hold that against him forever as if you're morally superior. Where exactly do you get the morality to judge him? And the cancelling of the event wasn't even his fault, that falls solely upon Henderson. Keeping grasping at straws in trying to justify your irrational hatred for man you don't even know, you just make yourself look increasingly pathetic in the process.

So you're implying Sherdog is some entity with a consensus opinion on things. Oh boy. And lol at the racism thing. We white people are so racist. BROWN PRIDE!!!

P.S. Saying Weidman got lucky twice is retarded.

I know this sounds ridiculous but I actually think we will see Weidman fight Silva for the third time after Silva gets two wins.

It's boarder line hazing. I think UFC fighters would be more popular if they promoted them. Instead they bash fighters to promote other fighters

Honda is pretty hated as well.

i think everyone stopped reading there.

Yes when you get warned for eye poking every fight it shouldn't come as a surprise your unliked. I can think of alot of respectful champs that wouldn't like being known as a cheapass/dirty, thats been slowly hitting jon now, we all know he wants to be thought of as the "ali" of mma in the future and he knows that won't happen if everyone calls him an eye poker thus its really pissing him off and hes trying desperately to act like its not.

This. A lot of not so covert racism going on in this forum but they try to deny it by giving their petty reasoning for why they despise him.

Hehe, that goes for anyone.

Petty reasoning = reasons why.

If you disagree = racist. Therefore certain people are now above criticism.

If you want to make any criticism at all you have to first prove you are not a racist.

Does pretty well for preventing any kind of discussion on that person's activities.

Of course no such problem going the other way.

He's a young man who made a mistake yet you want to hold that against him forever as if you're morally superior.
I am.
Where exactly do you get the morality to judge him?
By being morally superior?

All jokes aside, we make judgements about people all the time. You do too, in the very post I'm quoting. Where we stand ourselves does little to legitimize or delegitimize our critique. Moral highground is nice and all, but nothing I do or don't do changes what Jones has said or done. If Genghis motherfucking Khan returned from the dead to say drunk driving was an idiotic and unsympathetic thing to do, he'd still be right.

And the cancelling of the event wasn't even his fault, that falls solely upon Henderson.
I agree. Or rather, the UFC and Henderson's to blame together. Unfair flak against Jones on this one. He could have stepped up to save it, but that would be charity. No mark against him here.

Keeping grasping at straws in trying to justify your irrational hatred for man you don't even know, you just make yourself look increasingly pathetic in the process.
A lot of Jones fans seems content to dismiss criticisms by attacking the detractors' motives. I don't know if they are lacking in arguments, or simply has been worn down by the sheer amount of people disliking him, but it's still just cheap rhetoric.

Another petty hater. He's a young man who made a mistake yet you want to hold that against him forever as if you're morally superior. Where exactly do you get the morality to judge him? And the cancelling of the event wasn't even his fault, that falls solely upon Henderson. Keeping grasping at straws in trying to justify your irrational hatred for man you don't even know, you just make yourself look increasingly pathetic in the process.

First of all I never said I hated JBJ. I was responding to the post that insinuated he gets hated on cause hes non caucasion. I simply stated Facts as to why I thought people dislike him. LOL how does the blame go on the guy who got injured and not the guy who REFUSED to fight? I noticed you didn't bring up being a dirty fighter and I won't even respond to drunk driving being petty.

So weird how some people like certain fighters and other people don't. They like different fighters.

Why can't we all just like the same one?

Screen-Shot-2013-11-21-at-4.40.24-PM.png

Jones just can't seem to help himself. The fact that these pics come to light in the same week he comes under fire for his administration's handling of Benghazi and Veterans Affairs is just sad. I loved him in the new spiderman though.

e4d83d91141ae17d109538d217a4f6e9_400x1000.jpg.gif

What, IF you knew anything about NYC you would know JBJ is not from NYC but from Upstate NY. Also, in NYC JBJ is relatively unknown. MMA isn't huge in NYC. Plus if you know anything the "KING OF NY" is Jay-Z. STFU!

Everybody knows Jon is from Endicott ( I have family in NYC and Upstate) and how is it possible that Jon Jones is relatively unknown in NYC? That is just stupid. How would you even know that? What, the UFC doesn't have ppv in NYC. You just can't stop manufacturing logic.

Wasn't even thinking of Jay-Z, I was thinking of Schooly D when I referred to King of New York. You live in that city and don't have a clue. Youtube it and learn about NYC...or continue not too.

Jones haters are either 0-21 or 1-20, something like that. Doesn't get much more painful than that. Get it together already. Before its too late!

We get it, you're 14 years old and don't understand how the big boys think. Relax, you'll understand once you mature.

Personality and mma don't mix. How do big boys think exactly? You did not elaborate. If you don't like Jones you can enjoy the 1-20 or 0-21 record haters have betting against him. I feel bad for them, it's like waiting for Santa but he always skips your house.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back