Jon jones the most disrespected fighter in UFC history?

I will never understand this kind of argument. I respect Jon Jones a great deal as a fighter just as I respect anyone who can master a complex skill or art. That is his one accomplishment, and it's a great one: mastering the art of fighting to the extent that he is easily on of the top few fighters of our generation. Now, what else has he done with his life?

When I was 26 I had three kids, three jobs, and three degrees. If you do not think I was doing something with my life by that age, then you know fuck all about life.

Who said you had not done anything with your life? Please settle down...this thread is about disrespected fighters. Are you a disrespected UFC fighter? Is one of your degrees in missing - the - point - of - this - thread? Focus.

Just because you don't understand something does not mean it is wrong. There is much more he can do with his life, I was just saying that he has got off to a very good start.

Three degrees at 26 is also more than most people can accomplish at that age. Nobody can take that from you ever.

Who said you had not done anything with your life? Please settle down...this thread is about disrespected fighters. Are you a disrespected UFC fighter? Is one of your degrees in missing - the - point - of - this - thread? Focus.

Just because you don't understand something does not mean it is wrong. There is much more he can do with his life, I was just saying that he has got off to a very good start.

Three degrees at 26 is also more than most people can accomplish at that age. Nobody can take that from you ever.

I did not miss the point of your comment. If you want to back away from your comment than back away, but do not put it on me misunderstanding your argument.

You used a bullshit debate tactic. You said Jones is greater than his detractors and then made all of life the context. By doing that you made my accomplishments, and those of others on Sherdog, part of the conversation.

Jon Jones is a better fighter than I am, but I have no reason to believe that Jones > me.

I think most guys have some maturity issues at his age. His are just under the microscope. At the press conference before the Vera fight, Brandon hinted that he would take Jones down a few notches and the room lit up with ooohhhss and aaaahhhs. I think that is why I think the weigh-in got a little more heated.

On mmalinker.com, there was a thread asking for a better nickname for JBJ. One of my choices was King of New York because New York is BOSS (both state and city (even though I am a little upset about NYC's refusal to sanction) Jones is BOSS for running through the competition. People posting on that thread liked it, so that was why I was using it...wasn't trying to take anything away Jay Z. Check out King of New York by Schooly D on youtube, another great NYC artist, not all his songs are great but that one is and Gucci time are classic if you are into rap.

So LNP 101, how do you think the Jones vs Gus rematch will go down? The boxer I worked with was Seamus McDonagh if you are curious who I was talking about.
I was pulling for JBJ to win because of these so called Gus fans talking about Gus is the "real" champ. No, JBJ is. JBJ won the fight and it was close. That's the fact. I dislike him, but every thread someone either brings him up whether in a positive or negative light when the thread has to do with something like DC or Cain. In all honesty, when it comes to JBJ vs. Gus II, let the best man win.

You're not the first person to assume I associate wealth with success and COMPLETELY ignore the second tenant of what I was saying.

I was simply saying his wealth is part of his success because many of those in his trade do not posses the same, or similar, wealth.

More importantly, your cousin isn't arguably the best in his field. Sorry, bro.

Jones is a top pound for pound fighter, best in his weight class and easily top ten of all time.

Talk to me when your cousin has achieved that by the age of 26. Too late, he didn't.
I never said my cousin was the best in his profession. No where in my post did I say my cousin was the best. There are more doctors in the world than mixed martial artists so your point is irrelevant.

You know Warren Sapp had a great quote about playing pro football. He said "You're getting a king's ransom to play a kids game" and that applies to any sport. I swear people put athletes and movie stars on a pedestal when they don't know it's just a game or it's just a movie. There's more to life than being famous or having all the money in the world. If there was no money in MMA or acting, you think half the people who do it will just do it for the love of it? You think all of these fans would care about these athletes or actors if they were all on tv and making a ton of money? That's why people are so attracted to these people, because of the fame and money. I give props to the hardworking people who do 8+ hours Mon-Fri sometimes everyday getting up grinding, providing and could care less about being "known" than a guy who gets into a cage and fights and gets paid a ton of money.

That's what's wrong with people today, everybody wants notoriety and a ton of money when there's nothing wrong with being just an ordinary regular person.

Like I said before, I'd rather have a job I love and don't get paid as much than have a job I hate or find degrading and get a ton of money.

I'm 24. Maybe your younger than that and that's why you have things backwards. But you watch, soon you'll understand what I mean.

This. People hate Jones for his personality, how he snitched on pot smokers when he was young, because hes a good person and thats bad, and how he would never do anything to embarass the ufc, then proceeds to wrap his car around trees while drunk and have multiple baby mamas.

and as much as people hate him for his personality, they hated timmeh 10x worse.

Jones at least has some fans. Tim literally had like 1 or 2 and the rest was just hate

I will never understand this kind of argument. I respect Jon Jones a great deal as a fighter just as I respect anyone who can master a complex skill or art. That is his one accomplishment, and it's a great one: mastering the art of fighting to the extent that he is easily on of the top few fighters of our generation. Now, what else has he done with his life?

When I was 26 I had three kids, three jobs, and three degrees. If you do not think I was doing something with my life by that age, then you know fuck all about life.
Preach!

What, IF you knew anything about NYC you would know JBJ is not from NYC but from Upstate NY. Also, in NYC JBJ is relatively unknown. MMA isn't huge in NYC. Plus if you know anything the "KING OF NY" is Jay-Z. STFU!

Jay-Z king of NY

No....just no.

Also could care less what people think about Jones, I'm a fan of the way he fights dirty or not. But that's me, yeah he's cocky or arrogant doesnt affect my personally life as long as he goes in there and performs I'm a happy camper.

Jay-Z king of NY

No....just no.

Also could care less what people think about Jones, I'm a fan of the way he fights dirty or not. But that's me, yeah he's cocky or arrogant doesnt affect my personally life as long as he goes in there and performs I'm a happy camper.
So who's the king of NY then?
Please say 50 Cent or some dumb 'ish like that so I can deactivate my Sherdog account Mr. Yankee.

So who's the king of NY then?

Might sound bias due to my forum name but that title belongs to Derek Jeter. Every NYC household knows that name. Not knocking Jay but same can't be said about him. He's close though.

I did not miss the point of your comment. If you want to back away from your comment than back away, but do not put it on me misunderstanding your argument.

You used a bullshit debate tactic. You said Jones is greater than his detractors and then made all of life the context. By doing that you made my accomplishments, and those of others on Sherdog, part of the conversation.

Jon Jones is a better fighter than I am, but I have no reason to believe that Jones > me.

Did you even read the title of this thread? Repeat after me - Jon Jones most disrespected fighter in UFC history? Now you say it. See, you totally missed the point again.

Not on here to debate with keyboard Phd's. This is not about the most disrespected poster with three degrees.

Unless you are a UFC fighter, this is not in any way about you or your insecurities. Record: detractors 1-20, believers 20-1. Do the mma math.

Now I just feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
Might sound bias due to my forum name but that title belongs to Derek Jeter. Every NYC household knows that name. Not knocking Jay but same can't be said about him. He's close though.
Ughhhh my head. I might just off myself tonight. Oh my God my stomach hurts. Momma nooooo!!!

You deadass right now?
What other than baseball is Jeter doing, Ford dealership commercials? You deadass right now?

Derek Jeter is the king of NY? Wow. I can't get over this. I'm gonna have fun at work with this punch line.

DAYUM, you should of just said 50 Cent.

I never said my cousin was the best in his profession. No where in my post did I say my cousin was the best. There are more doctors in the world than mixed martial artists so your point is irrelevant.

You know Warren Sapp had a great quote about playing pro football. He said "You're getting a king's ransom to play a kids game" and that applies to any sport. I swear people put athletes and movie stars on a pedestal when they don't know it's just a game or it's just a movie. There's more to life than being famous or having all the money in the world. If there was no money in MMA or acting, you think half the people who do it will just do it for the love of it? You think all of these fans would care about these athletes or actors if they were all on tv and making a ton of money? That's why people are so attracted to these people, because of the fame and money. I give props to the hardworking people who do 8+ hours Mon-Fri sometimes everyday getting up grinding, providing and could care less about being "known" than a guy who gets into a cage and fights and gets paid a ton of money.

That's what's wrong with people today, everybody wants notoriety and a ton of money when there's nothing wrong with being just an ordinary regular person.

Like I said before, I'd rather have a job I love and don't get paid as much than have a job I hate or find degrading and get a ton of money.

I'm 24. Maybe your younger than that and that's why you have things backwards. But you watch, soon you'll understand what I mean.

Your attempts at providing sagacious wisdom are falling on deaf ears.

I'm an extremely content, hard working person. I'm also older than you.

I don't care that he's a star, at all. I'm referring to his relativity in his sport. Respectively, I'm not the best in the world at what I do. It's just remarkable that he is the best at what he does and someone claimed he didn't do anything of notoriety. The greatest waiter in the world should be so effing proud of himself and feel extremely accomplished. He is the best at something. Not everyone can say that.

That's all I'm getting at. I don't see the world differently from you, I just respect what he does and thing he's done something noteworthy.

Ughhhh my head. I might just off myself tonight. Oh my God my stomach hurts. Momma nooooo!!!

You deadass right now?
What other than baseball is Jeter doing, Ford dealership commercials? You deadass right now?

Derek Jeter is the king of NY? Wow. I can't get over this. I'm gonna have fun at work with this punch line.

DAYUM, you should of just said 50 Cent.

You're thinking Global, I'm thinking NYC. 10/10 people in this city WILL know who Jeter is for decades to come half of that will know Jay-Z. Why must it be an aggressive debate with you? But I can already see how you think by your reactions to others in this thread so I'll leave it at that. Plus you're probably way into pop culture to think so highly of Jay.

Other then that Jones > LHW Division.

Not saying he is deserving the hate, but he is unfortunately a bit cocky in most peoples eyes.

JBJ was here in Colombia for some exibition,

|
afiche-Jones-oficial.jpg

Your attempts at providing sagacious wisdom are falling on deaf ears.

I'm an extremely content, hard working person. I'm also older than you.

I don't care that he's a star, at all. I'm referring to his relativity in his sport. Respectively, I'm not the best in the world at what I do. It's just remarkable that he is the best at what he does and someone claimed he didn't do anything of notoriety. The greatest waiter in the world should be so effing proud of himself and feel extremely accomplished. He is the best at something. Not everyone can say that.

That's all I'm getting at. I don't see the world differently from you, I just respect what he does and thing he's done something noteworthy.
I do give him props, but you're saying since he's the best at what he does then he's "better in life" than John Dough walking the street. I'm saying that doesn't make him better than anyone in life. Maybe in the cage but not in life. Who are you to say this person or that person is better than another in life.

If that's the case then I could say Snuki from Jersey Shore is better than you because she's on tv and has more money than you and blah blah blah blah. That's how stupid your logic is.

Say what you want. We have different views. Yours seems more suited for a teenager, but hey, it's your opinion and I have to respect that.

You're thinking Global, I'm thinking NYC. 10/10 people in this city WILL know who Jeter is for decades to come half of that will know Jay-Z. Why must it be an aggressive debate with you? But I can already see how you think by your reactions to others in this thread so I'll leave it at that. Plus you're probably way into pop culture to think so highly of Jay.

Other then that Jones > LHW Division.
How I'm I aggressive?
That was comical way of using NYC lingo. Seeing how you are from NYC, you should know that.

Ohhh you see my reactions to other, well which specific post was I being "aggressive in".

10/10 will tell you it's Jeter? Deadass

"I seem to be way into pop culture"?
I just typed in "Who's the king of NY" in Google and guess who popped up...*drum roll* Jay-Z and Puffy. Yea, I didn't see no Jeter on there. But maybe it's just be and my google preferences set to pop culture only. SARCASM

You being from NY should know that the "KING OF NY" label goes mostly to rappers. Not actors. Not athletes. Rappers.

Your NY card has been revoked.

It's boarder line hazing. I think UFC fighters would be more popular if they promoted them. Instead they bash fighters to promote other fighters

No, because he brings much of it upon himself by acting like a child and not taking responsibility for his crap.

Most disrespected by far is GSP. The guy took crap from fighters and fan despite being nothing but polite a respectful.

No more than many other fighters. It's sad to see the things people here jump on him for - things that the majority of other fighters would get a free pass on.

Dude, he is dirty as fuck and ACKNOWLEGES/mocks the fact people point it out.

Back