Jon jones the most disrespected fighter in UFC history?

Was go to bring up a few others from back in the day, but i realized, i would rather let those terrible memories of the "maaaaiiiiniiaaak" fade with time.

Jones is alright... its just those eyepokes :rolleyes:

Everybody knows Jon is from Endicott ( I have family in NYC and Upstate) and how is it possible that Jon Jones is relatively unknown in NYC? That is just stupid. How would you even know that? What, the UFC doesn't have ppv in NYC. You just can't stop manufacturing logic.

Wasn't even thinking of Jay-Z, I was thinking of Schooly D when I referred to King of New York. You live in that city and don't have a clue. Youtube it and learn about NYC...or continue not too.

Jones haters are either 0-21 or 1-20, something like that. Doesn't get much more painful than that. Get it together already. Before its too late!
You clearly don't live in NYC. If you went around and asked people who they think is King Of New York they would say jigga. I don't hate Jon Jones. I'm pretty sure I know alot more about JBJ than you do. I was once a huge fan.

Your talking about logic when your logic doesn't make sense. You tell me learn about NYC but then you say JBJ is the king of NY, sorry that label is primarily given to rappers and you just proved my point. Do you read what you write?

I swear, you can't critique a person or thing without being a hater. I'm pretty sure you criticize other things, does that make you a "hater" or "butthurt"?

So weird how some people like certain fighters and other people don't. They like different fighters.

Why can't we all just like the same one?

We have Igor Vovchanchyn for that.

Pretty sure it's still Big Timmy but Jones is pretty up there.

The amount of disrespect he gets is amusing.

There are still haters to this day that will literally argue to the death that none of his wins are legit. They are all either past prime greats, undersized opponents or people who actually beat him.

He is certainly the most disrespectful. Not sure about the most disrespected but he has earned the any disrespect he has garnered!

The hypocrisy here is just unbelievable. Many of you hate on Jones. Yet, you clowns hate Dana when he hates on Fedor. Many of you also hate on Silva. You clowns are saying he's not the goat, yet, now that Weidman got lucky twice, you clowns are saying Weidman will become the goat. You clowns say GSP is not boring, yet, you fools say Bendo and Mighty Mouse are boring. So on and so on. It's always <insert Caucasian> is great while <insert non Caucasian> is horrible and should burn in hell.

I agree. A lot of racists here.

You clearly don't live in NYC. If you went around and asked people who they think is King Of New York they would say jigga. I don't hate Jon Jones. I'm pretty sure I know alot more about JBJ than you do. I was once a huge fan.

Your talking about logic when your logic doesn't make sense. You tell me learn about NYC but then you say JBJ is the king of NY, sorry that label is primarily given to rappers and you just proved my point. Do you read what you write?

I swear, you can't critique a person or thing without being a hater. I'm pretty sure you criticize other things, does that make you a "hater" or "butthurt"?

You are probably too young to have seen the movie King of New York...Schooly D does the title cut...much harder than Jay Z, sorry kid.

New York City made up reasons why they can't sanction mma there, so not my kind of place honestly.

You talk like you know everybody and everything...how would you even know what I know about any fighter? I trained/rehabbed a guy that won the Golden Gloves at Madison Square Garden, you probably know more about him also.

You were once a huge fan? Don't like winners do you? Whiners will do.

So weird how some people like certain fighters and other people don't. They like different fighters.

Why can't we all just like the same one?

Exactly the sport only needs 2 fighters anyway.

You are probably too young to have seen the movie King of New York...Schooly D does the title cut...much harder than Jay Z, sorry kid.

New York City made up reasons why they can't sanction mma there, so not my kind of place honestly.

You talk like you know everybody and everything...how would you even know what I know about any fighter? I trained/rehabbed a guy that won the Golden Gloves at Madison Square Garden, you probably know more about him also.

You were once a huge fan? Don't like winners do you? Whiners will do.
Yea, and you're still proving my point about the title of "KING OF NY/NYC" doesn't apply to JBJ.

Oh yea that "GUY" who won golden gloves. I know that "GUY".

As for JBJ, I was a big fan when he first came out but later on he began acting like a douche. It started in the Vera fight when he pressed his head against Vera's during thw weigh ins. Then when facing Shogun, he refused to sign fan's replica belts because "THEY DIDN'T WORK HARD TO GET IT LIKE I DID WAH WAH WAH". If I were a fighter, I would adore my fans, they're the reason I get paid. Let's not get me started on JBJ's "I'm God's gift to the world and I can't do anything wrong, I'm a real Christian" Yet he has children out of wedlock and drove drunk with two chicks in his car which neither of them was he's children's mother. Now JBJ is on this "I'm gonna post insults to someone on social media and then delete it or say my phone was stolen." JBJ is a fake individual which I don't like. He preaches all this being "disciplined" crap where he's not.

This, the hate for Timmeh was unreal. Bones Jones brings most of it on himself because of his awful personality, absurd fans, and the fact that the first legit title defense against another young fighter in his prime (Gusto) he does nothing but get slapped around for four rounds and wins a BS dexision by squeaking out the final round.

Yeah. The part where he is a wrestling phenom and a great striker flew out the Window so fast with gus, meanwhile as your watching jones get owned, you realize all his other opponents were smaller.

An Epiphany happens. ...

You want a real LHW champ. Not one the ufc claimed to be the best and outclassed by a relative nobody at the time.

Yea, and you're still proving my point about the title of "KING OF NY/NYC" doesn't apply to JBJ.

Oh yea that "GUY" who won golden gloves. I know that "GUY".

As for JBJ, I was a big fan when he first came out but later on he began acting like a douche. It started in the Vera fight when he pressed his head against Vera's during thw weigh ins. Then when facing Shogun, he refused to sign fan's replica belts because "THEY DIDN'T WORK HARD TO GET IT LIKE I DID WAH WAH WAH". If I were a fighter, I would adore my fans, they're the reason I get paid. Let's not get me started on JBJ's "I'm God's gift to the world and I can't do anything wrong, I'm a real Christian" Yet he has children out of wedlock and drove drunk with two chicks in his car which neither of them was he's children's mother. Now JBJ is on this "I'm gonna post insults to someone on social media and then delete it or say my phone was stolen." JBJ is a fake individual which I don't like. He preaches all this being "disciplined" crap where he's not.

I think most guys have some maturity issues at his age. His are just under the microscope. At the press conference before the Vera fight, Brandon hinted that he would take Jones down a few notches and the room lit up with ooohhhss and aaaahhhs. I think that is why I think the weigh-in got a little more heated.

On mmalinker.com, there was a thread asking for a better nickname for JBJ. One of my choices was King of New York because New York is BOSS (both state and city (even though I am a little upset about NYC's refusal to sanction) Jones is BOSS for running through the competition. People posting on that thread liked it, so that was why I was using it...wasn't trying to take anything away Jay Z. Check out King of New York by Schooly D on youtube, another great NYC artist, not all his songs are great but that one is and Gucci time are classic if you are into rap.

So LNP 101, how do you think the Jones vs Gus rematch will go down? The boxer I worked with was Seamus McDonagh if you are curious who I was talking about.

Last edited:
I don't have to look far. My cousin is doing his residency and is technically a doctor. He went to NYU and after he graduated went to Cornell Med. Of course you're going to question what which is cool, but that's why I used the doctor example. He may not be as wealthy as JBJ, but he's doing what he loves to do.

You seem very young because you associate wealth with success. So you mean by your logic, if a homeless person happens to win the Mega Millions, that makes him successful? Kids who have wealthy parents and will inherit some of that wealth, that makes them successful? I swear society nowadays is ass backwards. That's why people end up doing the most disgusting things for money, GREED. I'd rather do something I love for a living that makes little than do something degrading for all the money in the world. Maybe it's just me.

You're not the first person to assume I associate wealth with success and COMPLETELY ignore the second tenant of what I was saying.

I was simply saying his wealth is part of his success because many of those in his trade do not posses the same, or similar, wealth.

More importantly, your cousin isn't arguably the best in his field. Sorry, bro.

Jones is a top pound for pound fighter, best in his weight class and easily top ten of all time.

Talk to me when your cousin has achieved that by the age of 26. Too late, he didn't.

It's boarder line hazing. I think UFC fighters would be more popular if they promoted them. Instead they bash fighters to promote other fighters

I agree he is the most disrespectful fighter in mma history. Did that get me any fans?

Everybody knows Jon is from Endicott ( I have family in NYC and Upstate) and how is it possible that Jon Jones is relatively unknown in NYC? That is just stupid. How would you even know that? What, the UFC doesn't have ppv in NYC. You just can't stop manufacturing logic.

Wasn't even thinking of Jay-Z, I was thinking of Schooly D when I referred to King of New York. You live in that city and don't have a clue. Youtube it and learn about NYC...or continue not too.

Jones haters are either 0-21 or 1-20, something like that. Doesn't get much more painful than that. Get it together already. Before its too late!

I had a feeling you were a friend of Jones or knew someone who knew someone. Too much conviction in your posts.

I think Jones is a great fighter. His personality is irrelevant to me.

That being said, Jones wishes he was as hated as Timmy. Timmy didn't even try.

I had a feeling you were a friend of Jones or knew someone who knew someone. Too much conviction in your posts.

I think Jones is a great fighter. His personality is irrelevant to me.

That being said, Jones wishes he was as hated as Timmy. Timmy didn't even try.

I agree 100% personality is pretty irrelevant. What is "too much conviction" exactly? I don't know him or anybody that knows him to my knowledge. Just watched all his fights many, many times...sometimes listened when I could not watch.

When a D3 wrestler out wrestles D1 and Olympic caliber wrestlers, it is just amazing.
When a guy with just a few years of mma training keeps finding ways to win every fight that is incredible. Great fighter...yes, I agree again 100%.

I could not figure out Timmy for the life of me. He seemed like "that guy" in high school...dorky violent guy.

Jon Jones > haters.

He has done more with his life at 26 than most people will do if they reach 100.

I will never understand this kind of argument. I respect Jon Jones a great deal as a fighter just as I respect anyone who can master a complex skill or art. That is his one accomplishment, and it's a great one: mastering the art of fighting to the extent that he is easily on of the top few fighters of our generation. Now, what else has he done with his life?

When I was 26 I had three kids, three jobs, and three degrees. If you do not think I was doing something with my life by that age, then you know fuck all about life.

You're not the first person to assume I associate wealth with success and COMPLETELY ignore the second tenant of what I was saying.

I was simply saying his wealth is part of his success because many of those in his trade do not posses the same, or similar, wealth.

More importantly, your cousin isn't arguably the best in his field. Sorry, bro.

Jones is a top pound for pound fighter, best in his weight class and easily top ten of all time.

Talk to me when your cousin has achieved that by the age of 26. Too late, he didn't.

This is what I was trying to say. He has done what no one else has ever done (and may never be done again) in the UFC, and at 26. Nobody can take that from him. I have yet to pay for a fight because I liked someone's personality.

Back