Media Jon Jones believes Khabib Nurmagomedov fought NOBODIES: A sherdog Investigation

This man is impossible to take seriously.

Why is he worried about the legacy of a LW? Yet he does nothing but tease a move to HW, while fighting ex-MW. Don’t even get me started on the ped use.

Hater. Jones is the all time greatest.

He’s correct about Khabib, his record is padded with used shit roll.

Khabib has had 3 title fights, Jon has had like 12 I believe. Which means he was consistently fighting the #1 contender ever since he got the belt almost 10 years ago.

There really is no comparison in between their resumes, and I like Khabib a lot more than I like Jones.

Yes. Like I said. Jon has the numbers.

Not a Khabib fan at all but no...just...no. RDA, Barboza, Conor (even though he's somewhat unproven above 145 it's still a good win), Dustin.

Khabib has fought very good competition, especially lately. Jones is just wrong.

But that's literally 4 people you named..

People also forget that Jon has been the defending champion since he was 23 years old and has no plans on retiring anytime soon while Khabib wants to retire asap

Last edited:
I don't watch much boxing so I didn't know him before, but the way he talks about MMA with such confidence despite being so ignorant, makes me not take him seriously in absolutely anything he says.

He should stay in his lane because talking about something confidently while saying absolute nonsense ruins your credibility in everything you do.
Yet he makes more sense then the actual "MMA Media", who have no history within any Combat Sport, nor given the platform based on their resume. Doubt the man who is given the platform by ESPN, is concerned over losing "credibility" from those on sherdog complaining.

Dont know why people try to shit on khabib resume before he reached ufc. You all act like other fighters fought killers before coming to the ufc. Some if your favorite fighter lost to bums b4 coming to the ufc. I rather a can crusher than someone that lost to a can.
Nobody khabib fought b4 ufc gave him trouble and nobody inside the ufc gave him trouble. What does that say?

Yet he makes more sense then the actual "MMA Media", who have no history within any Combat Sport, nor given the platform based on their resume. Doubt the man who is given the platform by ESPN, is concerned over losing "credibility" from those on sherdog complaining.

Hey man, I don't really care if he cares either about my opinion either.

He is making both MMA and himself look bad with his commentary, but it is what it is.

He's the one that looks bad to anyone that knows MMA by talking out of his ass. And in turn, his employer also looks bad.

Now, if I am a viewer and I see him talking out of his ass on MMA, I am immediately going to assume that he must just be a bullshitter when it comes to all sports. So in turn, I won't want to watch him, and I'll switch the channel whenever his show is on.

I'm sure I'm not alone, I'm sure there are tons of people who think his MMA commentary is bad, so they will also not watch his show. This means he is turning away potential viewers with his nonsense.

Last edited:
That's 4 out of 28 buddy.

Compare that to Jones resume and it's laughable. Jones has taken out at least 10 legends.

Machida, Shogun, Bonnar, Bader, Rampage, Vitor, Rashad, DC 2x, Gustaffson 2x, Glover, OSP...

Khabib's resume looks like a joke compared to that.

Most of Jones wins are from aging legends though

Hey man, I don't really care if he cares either about my opinion either.

He is making both MMA and himself look bad with his commentary, but it is what it is.

He's the one that looks bad to anyone that knows MMA by talking out of his ass. And in turn, his employer also looks bad.

Now, if I am a viewer and I see him talking out of his ass on MMA, I am immediately going to assume that he must just be a bullshitter when it comes to all sports. So in turn, I won't want to watch him, and I'll switch the channel whenever his show is on.

I'm sure I'm not alone, I'm sure there are tons of people who think his MMA commentary is bad, so they will also not watch his show. This means he is turning away potential viewers with his nonsense.
Yet your opinion isn't shared by those who actually matter. So what you think, how you think and why you think it, are of what importance to the man and his career? A career, that will continue fwd it appears, as will his employer. Some of us in Combat Sports, appreciate the things he says, the non shill mentality and a valid opinion from an actual media persona from Combat Sports. But continue feeling emotional over a stranger, if it helps you sleep at night.

I think that Khabib is a great fighter, but Jones is right.
Hes resume is much better than Khabib's, and if khabib will retire soon as he plans, he will not reach the level of dominance that Jones did.
I'm not Jon's fan, but he is an incredible fighter.

Yet your opinion isn't shared by those who actually matter. So what you think, how you think and why you think it, are of what importance to the man and his career? A career, that will continue fwd it appears, as will his employer. But continue feeling emotional over a stranger, if it helps you sleep at night.

LMFAO who said I was emotional you weirdo? I just said I didn't think he was very good at talking about MMA, yet he is a sports commentator. I wanted to watch a Jon Jones interview, but the interviewer was shit and didn't know what he was talking about, so I(and probably a lot of other MMA fans) won't watch his interviews anymore.

Not because I am mad, or sad LMFAO. Just because he is shit at his job and there are tons of better MMA interviewers/commentators out there that I can watch.

You seem to be the one that's emotional because I don't like Max Kellerman as a sports commentator, which is pretty fucking weird bro.

Sherdog just looks at names on the resume. I guess Khabib beating Penn and Gomi in his next 2 fights means more than beating Hooker or Islam, right?

Khabib haven't bleed so far in the octagon.

How about Jones?

jones may have been right - had he defeated his own opponents whilst not on peds.

Compare that to Jones resume and it's laughable. Jones has taken out at least 10 legends.

Machida, Shogun, Bonnar, Bader, Rampage, Vitor, Rashad, DC 2x, Gustaffson 2x, Glover, OSP...

did you just call bonnar a legend?

Sums it up perfectly.

Anyone that claims Khabibd resume is even 30% as great at Jones is a joke

Jones is acting like a win is a win, he's nowhere near as dominant as Khabib.

In his last fight Jones lost twice the number of rounds as Khabib has lost in all 28 fights lol.

Plus Jones roided up out of fear of facing a natural DC with high bodyfat and low height and reach.

Jon Jones has had 14 championship fights in a row. Lets see if Khabib has stayed even close to as flawless when he is anywhere close to Jones numbers.

Hell, Khabib hasn't even proven himself to be the undisputed best LW in the world yet. Tony could very well be the best, just as well as Khabib COULD be. We dont know yet. But we do know Jon has been the best LHW in the world for like 10 years

Last edited:

The only joke here is that we are comparing a proven cheater to somebody who never pissed hot.

Fuuuuuuuuuuck off!

Of those "Legends" all but DC were decidedly on the wrong side of their respective careers, I'm a Jones fan but still gotta call #1 bullshit on that post.

I have to say that I have a problem with your list. Machida, Shogun, Rampage, Vitor and Rashad were way, way, way beyond their prime, they were completely shot by the time they fought Jones. Bonnar, Glover and Bader do not belong to that list. Not even Saint Preux, but even OSP is/was better than Gustaffson.
His two wins against DC are extremely valuable, I see them as his prime, but he was given a gift in the fight against Marreta.

A truly dominant champion in a division that has been weak for several years, IMO.

Back