Media Jon Jones believes Khabib Nurmagomedov fought NOBODIES: A sherdog Investigation

Max Kelerman is an unbearable douchebag. Khabib has a record full of journeymen and tomato cans his best win was a hungover Conor.

His best win isn't over a featherweight who's 3-2 above 145.

Khabib hasn't fought any other good wrestlers.

Jones beat The Who’s Who of LHW some just want to revision his opponents to be less than competitive to hurt Jones resume.

Not only did he smash those guys but he did it in dominate fashion.

People forget, go back and watch the fights.

Khabib is phenomenal and with time he could catch Jones but right now it’s really not close in terms of who has done more. Really it’s not a conversation. Props to Max for brining up a controversial subject but Jones got it right.

Yeap, Jones fought with much more famous fighters, but the general level of LW and LHW divisions aren't comparable

Jones has a far better resume, but Khabib has been far more dominant. I don't see any LW giving Khabib any trouble. Khabib never had the luxury on relying on size / reach as well. Overall Jones has still had the far better career and it's not really a debate.

LW just happens to not have any other dominant well rounded wrestlers.

That's 4 out of 28 buddy.

Compare that to Jones resume and it's laughable. Jones has taken out at least 10 legends.

Machida, Shogun, Bonnar, Bader, Rampage, Vitor, Rashad, DC 2x, Gustaffson 2x, Glover, OSP...

Khabib's resume looks like a joke compared to that.
Washed up, one dimensional legends. The only fighters who were any good when jones beat them were machida(no chin though), DC,santos(lost)and Gus(first time, second time the guy had no heart)

beating Conor, Dustin, RDA, Iaquinta,barboza and Johnson is about on par. Both guys fought bums outside othe ones mentioned above.

Is this true? Is Khabib more padded that Charmin?
charmin-toilet-paper-003700072920-64_1000.jpg

Truth. his last two fights were against featherweights. i cant remember his last legit lw. He could not put away ragin al. I think he could be exposed vs tony. sure he will take him down for two rounds. after that he's getting drowned.

Jones is acting like a win is a win, he's nowhere near as dominant as Khabib.

In his last fight Jones lost twice the number of rounds as Khabib has lost in all 28 fights lol.

Plus Jones roided up out of fear of facing a natural DC with high bodyfat and low height and reach.

At least he doesn’t have seizures to fight smaller guys

Just because guys like Vitor and Shogun are household names which go back to the Pride era, and which bred far stronger personalities within smaller division pools, it doesn't mean they are better fighters than guys like Al Ianquinta, Poirier or Barboza. If anything, there are good reasons to think Jones fought a lot of household names past their primes.

It's a common misconception that fame equals ability. Which is why people think Jones beating Rampage is more impressive than Demetrius beating Horiguchi.

Just because guys like Vitor and Shogun are household names which go back to the Pride era, and which bred far stronger personalities within smaller pools, it doesn't mean they are better fighters than guys like Al Ianquinta, Poirier or Barboza. If anything, there are good reasons to think Jones fought a lot of household names past their primes.

It's a common misconception that fame equals ability. Which is why people think Jones beating Rampage is more impressive than Demetrius beating Horiguchi.
You really think Shogun was past his prime when jones absolutely dominated him?

You really think Shogun was past his prime when jones absolutely dominated him?

He was. Shogun lost a lot of mobility, kneeing and kicking prowess after his knee injuries. Even though he fared well against Machida and Chuck, he was nowhere the fighter that fought Rogerio.

But don't get me wrong, I think Jones would have beat any version of Shogun.

Compare that to Jones resume and it's laughable. Jones has taken out at least 10 legends.

Machida, Shogun, Bonnar, Bader, Rampage, Vitor, Rashad, DC 2x, Gustaffson 2x, Glover, OSP...

LOL 10 legends....Glover..Osp...Bader. Casuals..

Khabib fights in a (way) more stacked division though.
{<shrug}
That being said, i think Khabib still has to win a few fights to be in the definitive goat-coversation.

Washed up, one dimensional legends. The only fighters who were any good when jones beat them were machida(no chin though), DC,santos(lost)and Gus(first time, second time the guy had no heart)

beating Conor, Dustin, RDA, Iaquinta,barboza and Johnson is about on par. Both guys fought bums outside othe ones mentioned above.

Revisionist history..

Rashad and glover had only ever lost 1 time when he soundly beat them.

Rampage wasnt far removed from being champ..

Smith has looked great at lhw besides jones.

Cormier is p4p a significantly better fighter than anybody khabib can face.

Even chael subbed shogun in his next fight after jones.

Bader?

The myth that everybody he fights wad washed up is proven wrong by the fact that they went on to fight and win

Fighting championship fights usually means fighting guys in a sweet spot in their careers.

He was. Shogun lost a lot of mobility, kneeing and kicking prowess after his knee injuries. Even though he fared well against Machida and Chuck, he was nowhere the fighter that fought Rogerio.
I don’t think Shogun was past his prime he had just had 2 amazing fights against Machida and machida was a killer at that time.

I dunno if you look at GSP or Silva or Fedor they left a wake of “past their prime” fighters in their win column. I think great fighters end up ending or stalling very good fighters on their path.

It’s not just that he beat guys like Shogun, Machida and even Bader.. it’s that he clowned them.

Khabib fights in a (way) more stacked division though.
{<shrug}
That being said, i think Khabib still has to win a few fights to be in the definitive goat-coversation.

Khabib needs like 5 more title defenses to be in that conversation.

Motion for all those who call Khabib by his last name to become subjects of mockery.

Yeah I'm gonna be honest...I just went by TS thread title.

And Max Kellerman is awesome...as a boxing analyst. He knows jack shit about MMA.

I don't watch much boxing so I didn't know him before, but the way he talks about MMA with such confidence despite being so ignorant, makes me not take him seriously in absolutely anything he says.

He should stay in his lane because talking about something confidently while saying absolute nonsense ruins your credibility in everything you do.

Revisionist history..

Rashad and glover had only ever lost 1 time when he soundly beat them.

Rampage wasnt far removed from being champ..

Smith has looked great at lhw besides jones.

Cormier is p4p a significantly better fighter than anybody khabib can face.

Even chael subbed shogun in his next fight after jones.

Bader?

The myth that everybody he fights wad washed up is proven wrong by the fact that they went on to figjt and win
Rashad, glover, rampage, chael and shogun were never complete, technical fighters even in their physical prime. Cormier is very good the best natural LHW ever possibly best HW, but i’d say dustin is a more technical fighter. LW is such s better division, seriously no name cans are actually better skills wise than top 5 LHW’s and HW’s.

Back