Media Jon Jones believes Khabib Nurmagomedov fought NOBODIES: A sherdog Investigation

Khabib lost to Tibau and other than that he didn’t fight high level BJJers or wrestlers while Jones fought Belfort, DC etc.

Khabib hasn't the amount of title defences to compete with jones

I see a lot of you conor dick riders saying khabib hasn't had title defences too

Oh the fucking irony lol

Your man is a can and has never had the balls to defend a title

Also he will never be involved in GOAT conversations, because he only beats manlets and wins fixed fights

Jones has a more complete record right now but he has also been around longer.

also, who hasn’t Khabib fought that he should have? He’s only had a handful of title fights.

LW is ten times better division than LHW. Honestly failed MW's are going up in weight to LHW wrecking shit up and getting title shots.

That's 4 out of 28 buddy.

Compare that to Jones resume and it's laughable. Jones has taken out at least 10 legends.

Machida, Shogun, Bonnar, Bader, Rampage, Vitor, Rashad, DC 2x, Gustaffson 2x, Glover, OSP...

Khabib's resume looks like a joke compared to that.
Khabib didn't need PEDs to perform, and Jon beat up an aging, worn down division.

Jones made his name beating Shogun, Machida, Evans, Belfort and Rampage. Guys who were either past it, had no business fighting in a modern LHW div., or both.

His only other notable wins are DC, Glover and Gustaffsson - true elite LHWs at the time.

Santos, Smith, Bader, OSP... None of these guys are, or ever were elite.

And then there is the PED layer to the story, which taints all of Jones’ accomplishments and actually makes the fight with Reyes intriguing. Jones is visibly softer now and his magical endurance seems gone. His last two performances were terrible. A big, young and explosive guy like Reyes is a good test for what this flaccid, USADA surveilled Jones can do.

LW is ten times better division than LHW. Honestly failed MW's are going up in weight to LHW wrecking shit up and getting title shots.

. When Jones started his reign LHW it was the strongest division by far. Now it's weak but so is LW, only Conor and Khabib are Legends everyone else is a journeyman.

Most of the fighters on jones list are over rated. And let’s not pretend that having a more known name makes you a better fighter, the ufc has been cashing in on a popularity over skills approach for a long time.

Jones has fought better comp overall IMO. But Khabib's recent fights have been very good fighters - RDA, Barboza, Dustin, conor, Raging Al are some decent names.

Jon - DC (2x), Gus, Shogun, Machida, glover, belfort, evans, Jackson, Bader, Vera

Doesn't matter what Jones thinks. Khabib is the

What?

Machida was "way past his prime"? He was 17-2, coming off a KO win over Randy. The fight before that was the boring split dec loss to Rampage (that a lot of people think he won). Prior to that the 2 fights with Shogun (one KO loss and the controversial split dec win). The fight before that was what most consider his peak, his destruction of Rashad. That was only 2 years before his fight with Jones.

Shogun had knee issues and yes his peak was the Pride MWGP, but he was still the champ coming off his destruction of Machida. Rampage was a bit past his prime yes.

Rashad??? He was like 16-1 coming off 4 wins in a row. His only loss was to Machida, after he won the belt from Forrest.

I mean, no offense, but you are just way off here. I mean, yes there are a few wins sprinkled in there against guys past their prime or guys who were really MW's (Vitor, Chael) but for the most part Jones has beaten the top guys and they've been at least close to their prime.

Hey, no offense taken. Machida is one of my favourite fighters, but before fighting Jones he was KOed silly by Shogun and lost the decision against Rampage, and then retired Randy who that night was 47 or 48 years old.
You are probably correct about Rashad, I concede that.

Khabib definitely doesn't have anywhere near the resume Jon has, and won't since he's retiring soon. That being said, a win over Tony and another top contender would make him the best Lightweight we've ever seen. Also, Jon is a cheater.

LOL at adding conor - he's a legend in his own mind (and his fans).

Goat

image.jpg
f6ddc1fc-2dd5-11ea-8334-1a17c6a14ef4_image_hires_122510.JPG

DyLZPMPWwAMFGSz.jpg

Yes - by the time he got to the UFC his knees were basically gone.
I won’t say Shogun was at his absolute peak but he wasn’t like he is now, definitely more competitive.

Imo it didn’t matter what Shogun was in the ring with Jones. Jones wins. And that says a lot.

My point was - aside from beating these guys Jones did so convincingly.

Rashad, glover, rampage, chael and shogun were never complete, technical fighters even in their physical prime. Cormier is very good the best natural LHW ever possibly best HW, but i’d say dustin is a more technical fighter. LW is such s better division, seriously no name cans are actually better skills wise than top 5 LHW’s and HW’s.
DC is better than Dustin Poirier.... lol

Jones has fought better comp overall IMO. But Khabib's recent fights have been very good fighters - RDA, Barboza, Dustin, conor, Raging Al are some decent names.

Jon - DC (2x), Gus, Shogun, Machida, glover, belfort, evans, Jackson, Bader, Vera

Barboza- Journeyman
Dustin- Gatekeeper
Ragin Al- Journeyman
RDA- Gatekeeper/Journeyman
Khabib has 1 good win over a drunk Conor coming off head trauma from Floyd. Khabib's record is trash compared to Jon Jones

Compare that to Jones resume and it's laughable. Jones has taken out at least 10 legends.

Machida, Shogun, Bonnar, Bader, Rampage, Vitor, Rashad, DC 2x, Gustaffson 2x, Glover, OSP...

I can't stand Jones and even I acknowledge his resume is way better than Kebabs by a long shot

I think Jones has the better record of the two, however Jones has faced lots of legends out of prime. Still the best LHW though if you can excuse his positive tests.

Back