Media Jon Jones being a respectable family man

Go get some fans Jon, promotor mode on

"I'm usually pretty private about my family until the only footage you saw of me with them was after I beat the shit out of my partner and my daughters called the cops who then arrested me again. Now here's some footage of us looking happy."
That's footage of them being happy, not looking happy. There's a reason you essentially never see actors in scripted entertainment laughing on cue - essentially no one, not even the best actors in the world, can laugh that comfortably and convincingly without it being an earnest expression.

Having a happy family event certainly doesn't make up for domestic violence. Yes, this video was put out there for damage control. And yes, it's not nearly enough to be sufficient damage control to say that Jones is now a better man. But there's no need or reason to make shit up to keep calling out Jones for his mistakes just because he had a happy family moment on video. If you can't call him out honestly for his very real mistakes and need to pretend that something innocuous is just another mistake, that just makes you the asshole.

Imagine his daughter asked him "Who's the more abusive one in the relationship?"

No matter what this man does, you cryin ass nerds will will hate him for it. Fuckin weird, man.
this.

I don't condone the stuff he's done.

I also realize a lot of stuff happens in families, and every family gets thru their shit in their own ways. not my business.

the fact that this guy can't even put up something totally normal that anybody else would, just having dinner celebrating what sounds like a kids birthday, without getting totally shit on is kinda sad.

I think a lot of people just enjoy being miserable.

Looks like it's settled then.

I'll send his family a Xmas card.
I'm still waiting on the staff Christmas cards you promised other places years ago, I bet Jon never gets his either...

Such a nice family, wish them all the best.

Back