Jon Fitch says Usman isn't on GSP's level and wouldn't have had a chance against him.

Looking thru GSPs resume and notice that he’s never fought a black guy aside from Koscheck who’s maybe black. I guess there weren’t many at the time besides Paul Daley
Pete spratt and jay heroin are black

Fitch is delusional. He got dominated by an old Maia. He wouldn’t be able to compete with Colby or Usman.

Why do you say "miles ahead"? Based on what? Definitely not in GSP's fights with Hendricks, let alone Serra

We have not seen Usman in so much trouble in the feet so again, why "miles ahead"?

usman has trouble in the feet so again...

qué?

Usman is surpassing GSP by not tapping to strikes ALONE and actually having the ability to finish a fight

Striking Georges has an advantage but not by much.
GSP has some of the best striking defense percentage (73%) in UFC history across all divisions whereas Usman's defense is extremely porous.

He looked very uncomfortable against Masvidal and - despite beating him afterwards - was almost finished by Gilbert Burns.

My God do some of you guys have insane nostalgia goggles. Colby would struggled to crack the top 10? Lol, Fitch was the consensus number 2 WW for years and wound up getting wrestlefucked by Demian Maia when he elected to move down. I think Colby and Usman would be just fine

He's right.
I would not say zero chance. I believe he'd be one of GSP's tougher if not toughest fights personally.

With that said I'd favorite St. Pierre from a purely technical standpoint. Usman is gritty af though.

I mean the way Fitch got his ass whooped, he better put GSP on the highest pedestal.

more like pity for a dork whos still desperate for attention

it's definitely the case of daddy issues

You are the only one insulting, not me. Chill, dude.
Again, if you are deeeply embarrased, I understand you but dont blame me

Fitch is delusional. He got dominated by an old Maia. He wouldn’t be able to compete with Colby or Usman.

Its not by accident that the posters who talks like this just joined the forum few months/weeks ago, like you

"wouldnt be able to compete"....lol, find another hobby moron

Hendricks and Fitch were past their prime, obviously, and Shields was dealing with the death of his father who just passed away 2 weeks before that fight. He got caught by a guy with huge KO power. It happens.

Rory dominated Woodley, and a past prime Jake Shields won the decision against Woodley, but don't let that change your make believe narrative.
I'm not on either side but Rory is actually much younger than Woodley and peaked early. He was supposed to be this generations top talent. Woodley on the other hand found his success a bit later in age. So I would not say that is a great counter example, but hey I'm nitpicking out of pure boredom.

Also I would not give Fitch or Hendricks the excuse of being "out of prime" for those particular fights, but that's just my humble opinion.

Its not by accident that the posters who talks like this just joined the forum few months/weeks ago, like you

"wouldnt be able to compete"....lol, find another hobby moron
He gets shutout by both Colby and usman, deal with it. 50-45 or 30-27. My join date doesn’t change that.

Condit came to the UFC in 2009. Shields in 2010. Daley had the Kos fight and the exit in 2010. Nick came back to the UFC in 2011, first fight was against Penn. That brief period made for a strong WW div around 2010, while before that the div lacked depth in the UFC and had top fighters scattered in other promotions. More so than now. I believe this is the period Fitch talks about. It was a great period for UFC WW, I agree.

I agree.
I disagree with 185lbs being "superweak until Anderson started losing", as Fitch says.

If that was the case and there were so many killers at 170, why some of them didnt move up to make a tittle run in the allegedly much weaker 185lbs division? We see plenty of dudes doing it today with great succes, as Gastelum, Till or even Whittaker himself.
Well, actually some of them tried...and failed. So maybe it wasnt so weak.

By the way, regarding your signing, I dont agree with the definition of gatekeeper - "Beat him and you get a title shot".
Usually, you get a tittle shot by defeating another contender. Beating a gatekeeper is what gives you the status of legit contender, but not necesarilly the tittle shot

GSP has some of the best striking defense percentage (73%) in UFC history across all divisions whereas Usman's defense is extremely porous.

He looked very uncomfortable against Masvidal and - despite beating him afterwards - was almost finished by Gilbert Burns.
Yes GSP has technically more proficient striking, however I do believe Usman carries more one punch KO power and takes a heavy shot better.

He gets shutout by both Colby and usman, deal with it. 50-45 or 30-27. My join date doesn’t change that.

Colbi has lost rounds to Mike Pyle, Fitch's training partner btw, but not as good as Jon. You probably dont know about him , though.

Its not your join date what exposes you as as noob, but rather your posts.

Yes GSP has technically more proficient striking, however I do believe Usman carries more one punch KO power and takes a heavy shot better.
He certainly has more power, i agree.
As for the chin: could be.
GSP's chin has looked rather average and rather good in some fights, so it's a bit hard to judge for me, lol.

He certainly has more power, i agree.
As for the chin: could be.
GSP's chin has looked rather average and rather good in some fights, so it's a bit hard to judge for me, lol.
True. And Burns dropped Usman recently too, so nothing definitive between them, just seems like Usman shakes it off a lot better, but GSP is less likely to get cracked really hard.

Why do you say "miles ahead"? Based on what? Definitely not in GSP's fights with Hendricks, let alone Serra

We have not seen Usman in so much trouble in the feet so again, why "miles ahead"?

Based on his career. Let's be real, Usman was getting outstruck by Colby Covington for most of their fight. Remind me when a Colby level pillow fisted striker ever had any real success against GSP.

Back