Jon Fitch says Usman isn't on GSP's level and wouldn't have had a chance against him.

Sherdoggers are constantly criticizing fighters striking/grappling technique....bet Fitch beats 99% of Sherdoggers in a striking only contest.

There are over 60,000 sherdoggers, so by your estimation there are at least 600 of us that would beat Fitch in a striking only contest.

Last edited:
Two factors at play here to not take Fitch too seriously

#1 - People love to elevate the guy who's beaten them

#2 - Fan boy nostalgia - Some fans believe GSP / Anderson / Fedor's legacies are untouchable and immediately smack down anyone who elevates any particular challenger to their greatness.

the guy is delusional if he thinks hardy, koscheck and matt hughes would be top fighters today.

ww division was full of one dimensional fighters back then.

todays fighters are better skilled overall , better athletes and have better conditioning.

Usman would have a chance but this idea that he and the rest of this current WW division is "evolved" compared to the one GSP dominated is preposterous. Fitch, Hendricks and Shields are arguably better than anyone Usman has faced.

fitch got destroyed by maia

hendricks got destroyed by wonderboy

shields got destroyed by ellenberger

its preposterous to think that a relatively new sport didn't evolve at all in 10 years.

It would be the toughest fight of GSP's career imo... it would have been interesting to see GSP gameplan for the motor on Usman

its preposterous to think that a relatively new sport didn't evolve at all in 10 years.

Lol @ the selectiveness. Maia is a 43 year old 20 year veteran, what the fuck would him beating Fitch (5 years after GSP did btw) have to do with "evolution"? you also forgot to mention that Shields beat Maia and a prime Woodley, as well as friggin Hendo.

Can you explain to me where the evolution is in Usman or Colbys skillset? they're both essentially wrestlers with rudimentary striking skills. What abot Jorge? why is someone who was in Strikeforce and Shark Fights losing to guys like Semtex during GSPs era now a top 5 ranked title challenger at 36 years old?

Hendricks and Fitch were past their prime, obviously, and Shields was dealing with the death of his father who just passed away 2 weeks before that fight. He got caught by a guy with huge KO power. It happens.

Rory dominated Woodley, and a past prime Jake Shields won the decision against Woodley, but don't let that change your make believe narrative.

Prime BJ ruins Fitch.

in a 3 rounder at least.

tell me what usman could do

Usman is a great fighter. Serra stopped GSP.....ok, call that a fluke. Shields hung in there with GSP getting 2 judges to give GSP 48-47 fight. Some say Hendricks beat GSP (I say GSP won). But Usman is skilled everywhere and strong.

Though I do believe GSP would handle him quite well b/c GSP is a better MMA wrestler than Usman and of course that's Usman's strengths. Usman isn't smothering GSP that's for sure.

oh right, forgot, that makes his cheating a-okay. apologies.
You don't have to like him and feel free to dislike people who pop. I was more making an ironic point. Having said that, it's not like sticking a needle in his ass stripped him of his ability to remember how his fight with Fitch or other top WWs went and removed his brain. His observations are biased, but they're still of use, PEDs or not.

P.S. Fitch on roids isn't a better fighter than Fitch not on roids. It's not like he lost fights because his shitty athletic abilities were getting steamrolled.

Lol prime fitch got outwrestled by Maia. Usman would've run through him with ease.

He also says the divisions not as deep. Yet Fitch was the clear cut #2 for years and years and does anyone think Fitch beats Colby, Wonderboy, or Leon?

I think Jon Fitch is pretty biased here.

GSP beats Usman. I don't know how Kos vs Usman would go. I think Hendricks beats Usman. I'm not sure how Rory vs Usman would go but def competitive. But I know that Colby and Usman would def be in top 10 back in GSP's era without a doubt. I think Top 5. Kos and Hendricks would pose serious problems to Colby, not sure if Colby beat those two. I don't think he would. Usman is tougher one, but I think Hendricks beat Usman.

I think Top 5 would be something like

GSP
Hendricks/Usman/Kos/Rory/Colby

Masvidal is a journeyman so obviously he wouldn't. It's a miracle he's in top 10 right now.

You are way overrating Kos. Its a mistake a lot of people make but he was not a top of all time welterweight. He was a very good fighter but an extremely limited striker.

Theres no way Kos should be ahead of Wonderboy in any ranking. He doesnt have the skill or the resume.

Fitch knows. No one put it on Fitch in his prime except for GSP.

12hendricks11.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back