JoJo Should Have Fought Valentina Instead Of Chookagian

Advice: watch at least one of Calderwood's fight. Joanna's most underrated skill is defensive grappling, Calderwood's defensive grappling is <36>
I've watched all of her fights. She doesn't have good defensive grappling, but she does have great BJJ.

Jojo fights with her hands down all the time. Possible candidate to be KO'd by a head kick

I've watched all of her fights. She doesn't have good defensive grappling, but she does have great BJJ.
Your point was that she is former muay thai just like JJ, so she will have some chances vs Shevchenko. But JJ's best skill in mma is her defensive grappling, without it most of her fights would look like Nunes/GDR 2.

JoJo doesnt have the grappling to hang with Shev

Your point was that she is former muay thai just like JJ, so she will have some chances vs Shevchenko. But JJ's best skill in mma is her defensive grappling, without it most of her fights would look like Nunes/GDR 2.
What I meant by that is that JoJo's Muay Thai skills will help her on the feet against Valentina. Val loves throwing the leg kick, but so does JoJo and JoJo knows how to check them too. You're right about JJ's defensive grappling; she uses it to get back up to her feet. However, JoJo is more comfortable on the ground because of her BJJ skills.

She was robbed due to showboating at the end? Are you suggesting that the judges changed the scores? Do you honestly believe nobody checks the cards after each round?
It's the only thing I can think of. LOL I can't think of any other reason as to why they gave Chookagian the win.

What I meant by that is that JoJo's Muay Thai skills will help her on the feet against Valentina. Val loves throwing the leg kick, but so does JoJo and JoJo knows how to check them too. You're right about JJ's defensive grappling; she uses it to get back up to her feet. However, JoJo is more comfortable on the ground because of her BJJ skills.
JoJo was submitted by strawweights.

It's the only thing I can think of. LOL I can't think of any other reason as to why they gave Chookagian the win.
I hear you! It happens far too often. The fact that the commission verifies scoring after each round only adds to how brutal the scoring can be. In a case like Jones vs Reyes an argument exists on either side, but Jojo won and it's hard to justify anything different. The fighters need to be able to appeal an unjust decision when an argument can't be made against them

JoJo was submitted by strawweights.
That was at Strawweight. JoJo was way too big for that division and missed weight. Flyweight is the perfect division for her. Also, she started working on her BJJ when she moved up a division and has improved in leaps and bounds.

I hear you! It happens far too often. The fact that the commission verifies scoring after each round only adds to how brutal the scoring can be. In a case like Jones vs Reyes an argument exists on either side, but Jojo won and it's hard to justify anything different. The fighters need to be able to appeal an unjust decision when an argument can't be made against them
Exactly! I'm surprised JoJo didn't appeal against it. I wish they could get competent judges that actually know how to score fights correctly.

She was robbed due to showboating at the end? Are you suggesting that the judges changed the scores? Do you honestly believe nobody checks the cards after each round?

10-9 JoJo
10-9 JoJo

10-9 Jo... Oh is she showboating?
10-7 Chookagian

Final score: 28-27 Chookagian

<seedat>

Exactly! I'm surprised JoJo didn't appeal against it. I wish they could get competent judges that actually know how to score fights correctly.
If she appealed she could only make it a no contest right? That hardly makes things right

I'd rather see Valentina fight JoJo the tireman.

CautiousForkedDegu-size_restricted.gif

what is that from? it looks like christopher molitsanti from Sopranos but it is obviously not sopranos

JoJo would literally get worked everywhere. I like JoJo but theres a giant gap in athletism,skill, and technique.

Calderwood gets hurt if this fight ever comes to be

Calderwood gets finished inside 3 rounds just like Eye and Chookagin. None of these woman belong anywhere other than Val's highlight reel and pumping them up like this is laughable.

If she appealed she could only make it a no contest right? That hardly makes things right
True, but it would be better for JoJo because she wouldn't have that robbery loss on her record and then maybe she and Katlyn could rematch. If Holly and Rocky Pennington can have a pointless rematch, then I don't see why the UFC wouldn't make this rematch.

Yep. JoJo's a Muay Thai fighter like Valentina and the only other fighter at Flyweight that did well against Valentina is Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who is also a Muay Thai fighter. Also, JoJo's BJJ is very good, she has great cardio and she's really durable.

JoJo is a regional champ in some 2nd rate kickboxing & Muay Thai organizations. Both Joanna & Valentina are multiple time world champions in the premier organizations, and Valentina is the best of our generation and won everything there is to be won. The skill level difference is about as bad as Mayweather vs. McGregor, except you've just thrown him in there against a prime 30 year old Floyd instead of the 40 year old version who rolled out of bed and barely trained.

Calderwood is completely outmatched. Everywhere. There's a huge gap in skill, athleticism, fight smarts, and well, everything. A fighter who lost her way out of 115 vs one who arguably beat Nunes at 135, that's only gonna end one way.

Back