JoJo Should Have Fought Valentina Instead Of Chookagian

pcbh167

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I don't think Chookagian even deserved to fight Valentina IMO. I think JoJo clearly beat her, but she was robbed; probably for showboating towards the end of the fight.

I'd like to see JoJo fight Shevchenko next. JoJo is a beast at Flyweight; I don't know if she can beat Valentina, but I think she could make it a competitive fight.

dzhoann-kaldervud-308x308.jpg
i

I don't think it would be competitive, but it could be a fun fight.

I'm up for it.

I love JoJo, but I can't see her beating Shevchenko, tbh.

I do think that she's the next title challenger though.

No one at 125 beats valentina no one. She gotta fight cejudo at this point lol

Are we going to pretend now this didn't happened?

katlyn-chookagian-joanne-calderwood-ufc-238.png

Yep. JoJo's a Muay Thai fighter like Valentina and the only other fighter at Flyweight that did well against Valentina is Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who is also a Muay Thai fighter. Also, JoJo's BJJ is very good, she has great cardio and she's really durable.
Fair, but I'd suggest that JoJo's muay thai is nowhere near as fluid and complete as Val and Joanna- who Val convincingly beat. I mean, she struggled against Andrea Lee who was beaten on the feet by Lauren Murphy last night...
And I really doubt that her bjj has anything for Vals top pressure.

Val should fight the winner of Weili and Joanna, which she would most likely dominate as well.

Are we going to pretend now this didn't happened?

katlyn-chookagian-joanne-calderwood-ufc-238.png
LOL Nope, but I watched it again recently and I don't see how Katlyn won that fight. JoJo was able to outstrike her and took her down twice. I wish JoJo didn't showboat at the end though; that's probably why the judges gave the win to Chookagian.

LOL Nope, but I watched it again recently and I don't see how Katlyn won that fight. JoJo was able to outstrike her and took her down twice. I wish JoJo didn't showboat at the end though; that's probably why the judges gave the win to Chookagian.
It doesn't matter how many times you have watched it sorry, but the fact is that Calderwood LOST but I agree she is likely the next victim to get destroyed by Val

Fair, but I'd suggest that JoJo's muay thai is nowhere near as fluid and complete as Val and Joanna- who Val convincingly beat. I mean, she struggled against Andrea Lee who was beaten on the feet by Lauren Murphy last night...
And I really doubt that her bjj has anything for Vals top pressure.

Val should fight the winner of Weili and Joana.
Good points. I agree, but JoJo throws a barrage of strikes and keeps moving forward, whereas Joanna didn't commit to her strikes against Valentina. Also, Andrea Lee is a pretty good striker and I think she should have got the win against Murphy; I don't agree that Murphy was beating her on the feet though.

Valentina does have very good top pressure, but she can sometimes just lay on top of her opponents. Also, I don't think Valentina is good at fighting off her back; it would be interesting to see what happens if JoJo takes her down.

doesn't really matter, just another bum valentina would have embarrassed.

no one is touching valentina at 125.

Yep. JoJo's a Muay Thai fighter like Valentina and the only other fighter at Flyweight that did well against Valentina is Joanna Jedrzejczyk, who is also a Muay Thai fighter. Also, JoJo's BJJ is very good, she has great cardio and she's really durable.
<36>

calderwood literally has NOTHING for valentina, nothing. c'mon.

JJ's Muay Thai is light years better than JoJo's. Val beats her with ease.

None of these women at 125 stand a chance against Shevchenko.

Jojo? Cmon man, she sounds cute and all but you think she’s going to give the woman who went toe to toe with Amanda Nunes any trouble?

Advice: watch at least one of Calderwood's fight. Joanna's most underrated skill is defensive grappling, Calderwood's defensive grappling is <36>

I don't think Chookagian even deserved to fight Valentina IMO. I think JoJo clearly beat her, but she was robbed; probably for showboating towards the end of the fight.

I'd like to see JoJo fight Shevchenko next. JoJo is a beast at Flyweight; I don't know if she can beat Valentina, but I think she could make it a competitive fight.

dzhoann-kaldervud-308x308.jpg
i
She was robbed due to showboating at the end? Are you suggesting that the judges changed the scores? Do you honestly believe nobody checks the cards after each round?

Back