JoJo Should Have Fought Valentina Instead Of Chookagian

No one at this weight class is beating Valentina. The chances of a 1 punch KO are slim as hell in female fights. She's arguably more technical and skilled than most male fighters on the roster, and Amanda fucking Nunes could only squeak by with decisions against her mainly due to a 25 pound weight gap.

At the end of the day, they need people for her to fight. I've long been a JoJo fan but Valentina is a terrible fight for her. No knock to her abilities, it's just that Valentina is so far above the rest of the division. But I say make the fight. Hell, give Roxy a shot if she can beat Murphy. I'm all for a dominant champ showcasing her dominance over good though overmatched competition.

Yeah, JoJo is the logical choice. She probably doesn't have a chance, but you cant just bench a champ for year until you find a new contender. Just let Val destroy people and build her resume.
Beating JoJo is not building resume, its waste of time if you think about building resume. JoJo lost to Namjunas (not so bad because she was champ), Moroz, Andrade, Chookingan of all people, Cavillo, it actually will kinda weaken resume :))

Lol, as if Jojo would have done any different.

The problem is that Shev is a great champion in a shit division. Look up & down the rankings & their is no-one who you could suggest poses even the slightest threat to her. Obviously Maycee Barber was gaining some interest until Roxy shut down that hypetrain. However she's stuck beating these overmatched soccermoms because I seriously doubt the UFC has any interest in promoting a third fight with Nunes so going back up in weight is out & straw-weight is actually looking interesting with several possible contenders so can't see her dropping even more weight or enticing a champ up for a unification fight.

I don't think Chookagian even deserved to fight Valentina IMO. I think JoJo clearly beat her, but she was robbed; probably for showboating towards the end of the fight.

I'd like to see JoJo fight Shevchenko next. JoJo is a beast at Flyweight; I don't know if she can beat Valentina, but I think she could make it a competitive fight.

dzhoann-kaldervud-308x308.jpg
i

There is no one currently in that division who can make it a competitive fight. The best they can hope for is to refuse to engage and get a boring decision loss like Carmouche. Keep in mind that performance got Carmouche fired though, so not the best idea.

Good points. I agree, but JoJo throws a barrage of strikes and keeps moving forward, whereas Joanna didn't commit to her strikes against Valentina.

That is how you get KO'd.

The biggest threat to Valentina would be Tatiana Suarez moving up to 125. She might be able to put her on her back.

The problem is that Shev is a great champion in a shit division. Look up & down the rankings & their is no-one who you could suggest poses even the slightest threat to her. Obviously Maycee Barber was gaining some interest until Roxy shut down that hypetrain. However she's stuck beating these overmatched soccermoms because I seriously doubt the UFC has any interest in promoting a third fight with Nunes so going back up in weight is out & straw-weight is actually looking interesting with several possible contenders so can't see her dropping even more weight or enticing a champ up for a unification fight.

Is this actually a problem? Everyone's whining about it but I don't see a downside to Valentina smashing flyweights who aren't on her level. Her fights against more skilled opponents aren't the most exciting so wouldn't you rather see mismatches?

Is this actually a problem? Everyone's whining about it but I don't see a downside to Valentina smashing flyweights who aren't on her level. Her fights against more skilled opponents aren't the most exciting so wouldn't you rather see mismatches?

Obviously seeing someone overmatched get smashed can be entertaining but I prefer competitive fights personally, and it's certainly the very minimum of what I expect in title matches.

I felt bad for Chookagian, she committed to maybe less than 10% of her strikes, the rest of the time it was like she was lightly sparring. She looked defeated before the fight even started.

JoJo would be a considered a non-english speaking foreigner in Texas.

doesn't really matter, just another bum valentina would have embarrassed.

no one is touching valentina at 125.
I second this. It makes no difference what no talent scrub goes in there with her. Val is so much better it’s crazy

Obviously seeing someone overmatched get smashed can be entertaining but I prefer competitive fights personally, and it's certainly the very minimum of what I expect in title matches.

So you'd rather watch Valentina/Nunes 2 than this fight?

So you'd rather watch Valentina/Nunes 2 than this fight?

Yeah definitely, I'd rather see two skilled fighters go at it rather than see one skilled fighter batter someone who looks clueless. Each to their own I guess.

Yeah definitely, I'd rather see two skilled fighters go at it rather than see one skilled fighter batter someone who looks clueless. Each to their own I guess.

I take it you haven't watched that fight.

I take it you haven't watched that fight.

Yes I have, whilst it wasn't exciting I'd still rather see a closely matched fight than effectively a squash match. As I said each to their own.

True, but it would be better for JoJo because she wouldn't have that robbery loss on her record and then maybe she and Katlyn could rematch. If Holly and Rocky Pennington can have a pointless rematch, then I don't see why the UFC wouldn't make this rematch.
True, what I meant was that I want them to be able to flip the L to a W

i can definitely see zhang moving up to fight her if she gets past joanna, zhang is a pretty big 115'er.

Back