Johny Hendricks considered retirement following brutal UFC 181 weight cut

Hahahahahaha, which one of you wangmasters was saying that Hendricks could still be the best WW ever after the GSP loss?

Also:

gsp-frownPNG.png

Doo yuz uh, miss mee yet?

I don't like Hendricks at all to be honest, but the dude is a top WW and I'm very interested in seeing him fight someone not named Robbie Lawler. But man, this dude is crazy to be doing this to his body every single fight. Especially as the champ.

He didn't say "You know what I mean?" once in that interview. I have a hard time believing the legitimacy of the source.

I read it in his voice and just added the "you know what I mean" whenever it felt appropriate.

Funny how he didn't have any troubles making weight against GSP, when he dodged random testing.

I agree. But if everyone sticks to a disciplined life style like GSP or Machida..then we wont have guys like Hendricks, Nelson, DC etc. fighting at their respective divisions..they be all at least one division lower than current.

What makes you think Nelson, Hendricks and DC wouldn't be better if they fought in lower divisions and lived healthier lifestyles? They might put on even better fights.

Roy really doesn't need to be getting his head smashed in by Heavyweights. His great chin has run it's course because of the abuse he's put it through. He might have stood a better chance at LHW. Who knows, he could even be champ at 205.

Why do people really get worked up over this? This is the same shit people loved Ricky Hatton for, that a guy could spend months eating/drinking shite and still show up on fight night ready to go.

People just don't seem to like Jonny Hendricks. Really, so what if he likes to eat. So do I. I respect that.

Agree!

why did they make a trilogy like come on!!!!!

on topic he's making the cut hard on himself. he racka discipline

Why not just move up a weight class instead of retiring? What a noob this guy is.

That's the man that talks about "being a professional, putting in all the hard work, cutting weight, fighting to be a champ" and why no one can hold his belt but himself.

He needs to take his weight and fighting career more seriously because who knows how he'd be if he didn't have to nearly die everytime to make weight. He just needs to take care of himself, he's not exactly Weidman big and at 25, he was wrestling for a National Title at 165lbs. At 25, men don't necessarily "grow" anymore. All the excess weight is usually due to food and not because of us growing height wise or "filling" out our frame.

PS, he said he was 218 coming into his training camp but in the past, he has gone up as heavy as 225 or more. This was Hendricks in July of 2014...dat dere White Rumble

451778160-welterweight-champion-johnny-hendricks-is-gettyimages.jpg

Last edited:
This guy's got more excuses than Bill Clinton.

This guy got FAT between fights! Losing 50 pounds to make 170 when you're only 5'10 to begin with is ridiculous.

That's the man that talks about "being a professional, putting in all the hard work, cutting weight, fighting to be a champ" and why no one can hold his belt but himself.

He needs to take his weight and fighting career more seriously because who knows how he'd be if he didn't have to nearly die everytime to make weight. He just needs to take care of himself, he's not exactly Weidman big and at 25, he was wrestling for a National Title at 165lbs. At 25, men don't necessarily "grow" anymore. All the excess weight is usually due to food and not because of us growing height wise or "filling" out our frame.

PS, he said he was 218 coming into his training camp but in the past, he has gone up as heavy as 225 or more. This was Hendricks in July of 2014...dat dere White Rumble

451778160-welterweight-champion-johnny-hendricks-is-gettyimages.jpg

Holy fat Jesus

Back