Johny Hendricks considered retirement following brutal UFC 181 weight cut

I just don't understand how you can know you will probably have to fight within 4-5 months, and still eat those three burgers, half a pound of fries plus soda to wash it all down, then call it lunch.

"Yes, this is good for my body and my preparation..."

I just don't understand how the UFC thinks this guy deserves another shot. I mean he always coasts in the fifth, said he was only fighting 70% in a title fight and can't put down the fork to the point it lost him the title.

I like most people have no interest in this guy getting another shot. First prove you can come in, in shape and make another run.

I'm amazed it took so long for him to figure out the obvious. he is a professional fighter ffs.

yes, i would think that the championship fight payouts would have helped him to figure out the obvious!

Why do people really get worked up over this? This is the same shit people loved Ricky Hatton for, that a guy could spend months eating/drinking shite and still show up on fight night ready to go.

People just don't seem to like Jonny Hendricks. Really, so what if he likes to eat. So do I. I respect that.

I just don't understand how the UFC thinks this guy deserves another shot. I mean he always coasts in the fifth, said he was only fighting 70% in a title fight and can't put down the fork to the point it lost him the title.

I like most people have no interest in this guy getting another shot. First prove you can come in, in shape and make another run.
That makes two of us. I really don't want to see Johny Hendricks come to squeak through another title fight on points without having to beat anyone else to prove he can do it. Lawler beat Brown and Ellenberger before he got another shot at Hendricks after a fight he should've at least gotten a draw in, so what the fuck.

Damn right. The guy needs to sit down and have a chat with Rogan.

I've been currently experimenting with my diet. Eating healthy and feeling really good doing it. I don't even have cheat days because I've learned to make healthy food taste just as good as some of the junk food I used to eat. I'm a normal guy with nothing at stake, and no nutritionist or personal trainer. If I can do why the fuck can't Johnny Hendricks? The guy has a whole machine behind him. Fucking mind blowing.

He don't even need to do it like you do....he just needs to stop stuffing his face when he's already satisfied...that's all, and then he can look into eating more healthier if he feels like it.
There is no use of having a part time 4-6 week camp-machine behind you when they only care about that 4-6 week time period.
I'd be dropping in on that motherfakers bbq and flipping it upside down and tell him "here's your goddam $50,000 that you paid me, shove it up your ass boy! I don't need your shit, I get to eat everyday anyhow, with or without you...but as long as you're in my camp boy...you're ass is mine! I don't give a shit what you do after you retire, you can blow up all you want...as a matter of fact yo can blow up so much and come see me and say "coach look at me all blown up, I'm about to pop"...and then you can pop right in front of me bitch....but remember...as long as you're in my gym...you're carrying my name and you're gonna do as i say or get the fuck out and pay someone else your $50,000 and have bbq with them all day long! I heard Butterbean has an opening for coaching! Now get your ass back in the gym you fat ass!"

Why retire, just fight at a fat 185. I actually think he'd do OK there

It comes off as an excuse, but I'm sure he's telling the truth. I really don't think it'll impact his performance in the cage much, but an easier cut will be better for his well-being.

when you lose weight rapidly leading up to the cut, some muscle mass is going to go out with that fat.

it would be way better for both strength and conditioning to stay closer to 195 as he plans.

Why do people really get worked up over this? This is the same shit people loved Ricky Hatton for, that a guy could spend months eating/drinking shite and still show up on fight night ready to go.

People just don't seem to like Jonny Hendricks. Really, so what if he likes to eat. So do I. I respect that.

we have roy nelson for that.

Damn right. The guy needs to sit down and have a chat with Rogan.

I've been currently experimenting with my diet. Eating healthy and feeling really good doing it. I don't even have cheat days because I've learned to make healthy food taste just as good as some of the junk food I used to eat. I'm a normal guy with nothing at stake, and no nutritionist or personal trainer. If I can do why the fuck can't Johnny Hendricks? The guy has a whole machine behind him. Fucking mind blowing.
What are you talking about, dude? We should just make excuses whenever people are lazy and undisciplined and want to fill their face with shit because this is Murca and we all know literally nothing is bad unless it hurts someone else! :)

disclaimer: I am a fat 245lbs and love McChickens, still trying to lose weight and get in shape to fight at 185 then remain under 230lbs for the remainder of my life. NO EXCUSES.

Sounds like its more than "half" his fault....

Dude needs to take his weight serious or else he's donskie....

Donskie? Na, just move up to 185. Although he'll be less relevant at MW, but still have a career while munching on burgers between fights.

Retire cause you cant keep yourself from ballooning? Kinda weak mindset and willpower for a fighter don't you think.

There are a whole lot of pissy people with Canadian locations itt...

Busted for elevated levels of bacon grease, make him go to fat camp

Talk about being bloated, jesus. Everyone should follow GSP's lifestyle of staying fit and in shape, beyond the octagon.

Talk about being bloated, jesus. Everyone should follow GSP's lifestyle of staying fit and in shape, beyond the octagon.

I agree. But if everyone sticks to a disciplined life style like GSP or Machida..then we wont have guys like Hendricks, Nelson, DC etc. fighting at their respective divisions..they be all at least one division lower than current.

I agree. But if everyone sticks to a disciplined life style like GSP or Machida..then we wont have guys like Hendricks, Nelson, DC etc. fighting at their respective divisions..they be all at least one division lower than current.
That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The fact that Roy Nelson is 38, eats the way he does, and actually has a winning record in the UFC is pretty embarrassing, and let's not pretend that would happen anywhere outside of the glorified kiddy pool that is the HW division.

That wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing. The fact that Roy Nelson is 38, eats the way he does, and actually has a winning record in the UFC is pretty embarrassing, and let's not pretend that would happen anywhere outside of the glorified kiddy pool that is the HW division.

I don't know about now since LHW isn't what it used to be, but during the prime of his career a few years ago Roy Nelson would have almost certainly lost more fights at LHW than he did at HW. It probably would have made sense for some big LHWs like Forrest to move up just to get a shot at easier competition.

hendricks with clean diet GOAT?

Back