Johny Hendricks considered retirement following brutal UFC 181 weight cut

How the fuck is it only half his fault? He is the at the troff cramming his gull with junk.

why the fuck is this guy getting an instant rematch instead of MacDonald getting the shot?

I agree. But if everyone sticks to a disciplined life style like GSP or Machida..then we wont have guys like Hendricks, Nelson, DC etc. fighting at their respective divisions..they be all at least one division lower than current.

Wasn't directed at HW, but even for LHW you need moderation and discipline; to fatten up on WW/MW to that degree is an enormous strain on the body. I firmly believe DC's cut was harder than he made it out to be saying it was his easiest yet.

And for all that stupidity, he gets another crack at the title. lol

Man, there is just something so fucking likeable about this fat, dumb, bearded redneck having all this success as a pro athlete outside of nascar lol. Best of luck to him, hoping he can change up his habits and take back the belt.

that's texas for you. there's fattening food everywhere.

But where does he started his water cut from would be the interesting thing ?

Because from what we can understand he is already around 195 lean and still wanting to gain lean weight so he will probably be 200ish before the water cut ?

Does he mean the "diet" part of his last cut took a lot of energy because he had to lose 20 pounds pretty fast and so lost muscle mass because of the drastic caloric deficit ??

Anyway I'm concerned about Bigg Rigg's motivation if he questionned himself about retirement instead of just cleaning up his diet and acting like a pro

Or, y'know, you could just move up in weight...?

And he's just now realizing that he shouldn't cut as much weight to make 170?

This guy is absolutely hilarious, I'm sorry. He never has anything interesting to say.

Sounds like excuses to me. Next time he will say he was too light, and lost a lot of strength and top weight.

I don't believe him honestly. He looked great in round five the first time he fought Lawler. Maybe he just got pushed harder this time around.

"It sucks because the last couple fights have been where it's been questionable. And it's been half my fault. I can't do that weight cut. I can't balloon up to 218 and think that [Mike] Dolce's diuretics can get me down to weight. That's where I'm taking the responsibility. I'm walking around at 195, and I'm getting my muscle mass back, I'm looking to get my body weight back. ... It will also be better for me when I fight, because I'll have my power back, my steam, and you feel like you're hitting hard again. That makes me happy. It will help with my wrestling or.....

Fixed

Back