Johny Hendricks considered retirement following brutal UFC 181 weight cut

Why wasn't a move up to 185 an option instead of retiring? He really must need to be a huge guy for his division.

Hopefully he can curb his appetite for cheesecake and return his appetite for destruction.

This guy seriously if effing clueless and so are people around him including his friends and family, not just his fake camp friends.

Somebody gotta grab that boy by the ears and say "Hey! da fuk you doin?! You're a pro fighter and now you're a champ...you're 5 foot nothing tall, get you shit in order and stop eating you fat ass!! Three meals a day...ain't that enough for ya you goddamn moron!? You can even have a goddamn burger every day, but not 5 burgers and a whole bunch of other useless crap! So get you shit together or get the fuk out!"

:icon_neut

Freaky coincidence, I'm listening to that mma hour interview right now on my phone. Can't believe the weight cut was that bad. I'm shocked by the lack of professionalism of this guy. Your a full time fucking fighter, and he was also the champ at the time. Put the fucking burgers and donuts down. Is junk food more important than your legacy and career, source of income?

Last edited:
This is a real problem in the UFC. no openweight fights at all like in PRIDE. anyway, Hendricks should move to middleweight. thats what a real warrior does. like barao should move to FW.

This guy seriously if effing clueless and so are people around him including his friends and family, not just his fake camp friends.

Somebody gotta grab that boy by the ears and say "Hey! da fuk you doin?! You're a pro fighter and now you're a champ...you're 5 foot nothing tall, get you shit in order and stop eating you fat ass!! Three meals a day...ain't that enough for ya you goddamn moron!? You can even have a goddamn burger every day, but not 5 burgers and a whole bunch of other useless crap! So get you shit together or get the fuk out!"

Are you available to be my personal trainer? That speech got me pumped.

You should not ever balloon up, it's counterproductive and disgusting. Just look at Matt Serra pre-GSP and nowadays.

Serra had a serious medical condition after he retired. Gained a lot of weight. Now that he's on TRT he looks like a brick wall.

It's all his own fault.

And so much for moving up to MW. Reality has set in

He should cut from 185. Clearly fighting at 195 isn't doing much for him, strength wise

Is that how scared of 185 he is? It's either 170 or retire?

Food addict! Johnny should be tested for cheeseburgers and rib sauce on fight night.

I just don't understand how you can know you will probably have to fight within 4-5 months, and still eat those three burgers, half a pound of fries plus soda to wash it all down, then call it lunch.

"Yes, this is good for my body and my preparation..."

438043D04340435043A04410_zps567ba61e.jpg

Sounds like another excuse? Was he 70% sure?

Someone asked hendricks why he gets fat between fights and he said, because I like food. This is the guy people wanted to take over for GSP. I'm glad he's not a defending champ. He's built to KO fringe top 10 guys in 3 rd fights.

Damn right. The guy needs to sit down and have a chat with Rogan.

I've been currently experimenting with my diet. Eating healthy and feeling really good doing it. I don't even have cheat days because I've learned to make healthy food taste just as good as some of the junk food I used to eat. I'm a normal guy with nothing at stake, and no nutritionist or personal trainer. If I can do why the fuck can't Johnny Hendricks? The guy has a whole machine behind him. Fucking mind blowing.

Don't get fat as a professional athlete? That's brilliant Johnny.

will he make the lifestyle change?

Can't believe he didn't take his nutrition serious after winning the belt.

How in the world does a champ have a bad cut!

Are you available to be my personal trainer? That speech got me pumped.

I sure am! Listen, you don't have to be a pro-fighter or aspire to be a pro-fighter for me to whip your ass into shape. If you just wanna start working out, or quit smoking, or not get bullied by your wife/gf, I can help your ass as well. As long as there is a will there is a way, and motherfacker I'll get your will to start paving a motherfacking highway straight to "Fak you all Land"!!

Well yeah, took him only few years to realize that gaining and losing ~20 pounds of fat rapidly, during one year, may not be optimal for performance.. :p

Hunt is sadly doing about the same thing.

Back