John McCain has passed away

gIr2Exi.jpg

He was critical of both sides of politics when he needed to be.

If that makes him a rhino to some I say that is better than a snake.

He tried to kill the UFC.

Wrong.

His insistent for MMA regulation is the reason the UFC went from illegal human cockfighting to legit state-sanctioned sport with actual rules.

“I have to give him credit,” Fertitta said. “Without him doing what he did back in the ’90s to force regulation, this sport would be dead. It wouldn’t exist. Honestly, for all the negatives he caused, he actually allowed the sport to foster and grow.”

Fertitta said many of those things McCain ripped about the UFC then were actually accurate. Things are very different now.

“He wasn’t saying in the past that he was necessarily against martial arts, he was saying, ‘This needs to be regulated,’” Fertitta said. “It just can’t be a free-for-all. There had to be some structure to it. Once the states then embraced it, he was comfortable and he’s been a supporter since then.”

As an MMA fan, how exactly do you interpret what Feritta just said to be McCain "tried to kill the UFC"? o_O

Last edited:
I didn't agree with him sometimes.

But he served his country in and out of the military.

He served with honor.

RIP

My condolences to his family and friends .

I see some of the "cool kids" have showed up.

Its gonna be awkward for ol Donnie, he's fucked if he goes to the funeral and fucked if he stays away, I bet someone composes a nicely worded statement and Donnie conjures up a pressing engagement elsewhere

Last edited:
Wrong. He's the reason they went from illegal human cockfighting to legit state-sanctioned sport with actual rules.

Yeah, i was gonna say...

Dude hated the early UFC, but welcomed the new.

This thread really showed the type of people a lot of posters are. Not that we didn't already know.

Why was McCain a war hero? Did he save anyone? No.
Here is what a hero looks like:
479px-Clinton_Romesha_portrait.jpg

Well, he flew some dangerous sortees and when brutally tortured, he didn't say anything.

Well, he flew some dangerous sortees and when brutally tortured, he didn't say anything.

Still, not a 'hero' in my book. Both are part of the job, not the exception. Did he risk his life for another?

I didn't realize you were this big of a piece of shit

I have the same respect for people after they die as I have when they were alive.

People who suddenly have a change of heart after hear someone is dying or dead, are the real pieces of shit. Turn on CNN right now and start counting them.

Still, not a 'hero' in my book. Both are part of the job, not the exception. Did he risk his life for another?

Taking dangerous missions when your dad is the top officer in the entire Navy, who could have easily pulled some strings for him, is more than just part of the job.

It makes me sick to my stomach that people call him a hero. Around three million men served in Vietnam and about half of them in combat. Good luck finding any that have anything good to say about John McCain. I've never met one in my life. McCain is the "war hero" that no can explain exactly what he did that was heroic. He destroyed enough American aircraft to be considered an enemy ace and then got shot down due to his own arrogance and pilot errors. It's incredible. Even John Kerry's 1/4 tour and recommending himself for Purple Hearts due to scratches to help his activism was more impressive.

Last edited:
Back