John Candy vs John Goodman - Most beloved actor?

Goodman is an under rated actor but I dont know if he's considered "beloved".

John Candy was great in Brewster's Millions.
It's a movie I would recommend to everyone.

2ik34no.jpg

I loved that movie

Anyone who answers John Candy is just trying to be a hipster contrarian.

For me, I'd say it's a tie. Love them both and will never get tired of their stuff.

I know, tie is a cheap cop out.

Goodman is by far the more talented actor since Goodman is great at both drama and comedy, while Candy is better suited to just comedy.

Goodman is by far the more talented actor since Goodman is great at both drama and comedy, while Candy is better suited to just comedy.

But to be absolutely fair, has Candy ever done any dramatic work?

Anyone who answers John Candy is just trying to be a hipster contrarian.

Lies... A true Hipster would have ignored both and voted for Gary Oldman even though he wasn't part of the poll.

I always enjoyed John Candy in Delirious. Good performance, fun movie.

John Candy mos def.

John Goodman has played way too many evil and hateable characters, tho King Ralph will always be my shit.

Beloved as in, "awwww, he's a sweetheart!"? Candy

But I would rather party with Goodman. Candy isn't much of a conversationalist nowadays.

I consider Goodman in the Big Lebowski one of the greatest performances of all time, but John Candy was a way better actor overall.

John Candy was far greater overall. Tho Walter was a great character...

I consider Goodman in the Big Lebowski one of the greatest performances of all time, but John Candy was a way better actor overall.

Beat me to it... nice!

Just in terms of off-set stories, I've heard both men are sweethearts.

I am currently marathon-watching Roseanne and Goodman is great in it!

I remember watching Who's Harry Crumb like 500x as a kid. I haven't seen it in about 12 years but I think I'll give it a watch again for old times sake.

I prefer Goodman.

I like Goodman but I think Candy has had more quality roles. Planes, Trains & Automobiles and The Great Outdoors are 2 of my favorite movies. Outside of the Big Lebowski, Roseanne & The Babe (which isn't that great of a movie) I can't really think of many memorable roles for Goodman.

Also Candy did Camp Candy one of my favorite cartoons growing up.

Back