John Candy vs John Goodman - Most beloved actor?

I prefer Candy although Goodman had the better films overall.

John Goodman is a very, very good actor but I find him annoying IRL. He seems like a dick.

John Candy was hilarious and one of the most beloved personalities by people in the business. Long Live Johnny LaRue.

larue_gerbils.jpg

Canadian beer sucks

That's your opinion because all you can handle is that watery piss you americans call beer. It's not your fault that you're all a bunch of limp wristed sissies, it's just a fact of nature.

Goodman has the better body of acting work but I always thought Candy had more in him after seeing Trains, Planes, and Automobiles. That was one hell of a movie. It could have been just another dumb odd couple movie that has been done a billion time already but it was a lot more than that. Most comedies from the 80s didn't age well in my opinion or just get by on stirring up nostalgic feelings. Trains, Planes, and Automobiles is a legitimately great comedy that has depth.

Younger people may vote Goodman, but the correct answer is Candy.

That's your opinion because all you can handle is that watery piss you americans call beer. It's not your fault that you're all a bunch of limp wristed sissies, it's just a fact of nature.

Lol at least its not our fault

Love them both so much. Candy is in my top 3 fav comedy actors of all time(Candy,Chase,Ackroyd) but grew up with Dan in my teens as the funny big burly good natured next door neighbor type. to tough to call.

And 90% of Sherdog says "huh?" Lol.

At least you didn't reference his short stint on Cucumber TV.

How about Dr. Tongue's 3D house of horrors monster chiller theater or Julia Child boxes Mr. Rogers?

Candy has this one. For some of us, he was our childhood...greatest comedies ever.

I'll go with Candy purely because of how terrifying Goodman was as Marshall in Hangover 3.

"I'm killing Dougs today."

LOL @ the canadian even thinking his country's beer is in the same league as american beer.

america has the best beer in the world. if you only know coors or budweiser and think that defines american beer, thats too bad for you.

Goodman was great in 'Red State' too.

I'm one of the few people in the world who hasn't seen 'The Big Lebowski'.

I say tie, i enjoy both of their work and they both seem(ed) like good dudes

Candy. But he's been dead for so long now it doesn't seem like a fair debate. People kind of forget how loved and revered his movie-roles were in the day.

Back