Elections Joe Biden loses 100k votes to uncommitted in Michigan primary

It needs to be acknowledged how close the 2020 election actually was. Biden won the popular vote by a lot. But the vote in the swing states that mattered was a lot closer. He won by less votes than Trump did in 2016.

Biden won Arizona by less than 11,000 votes. He won George by less than 12,000 votes. He won Wisconsin by less than 21,000 votes. People pretending that many voters wouldnt stay home over Gaza, his age, his low approval rating, etc. are being completely delusional. As far as I'm concerned Dems should be screaming at Biden to drop out.
That's why I said Biden losing a small portion of the Arab and Muslim voters could be disastrous for him. That's not including black and Hispanic support which Biden is also losing. The 2024 election is not looking good for him.

I get them being upset over the Gaza situation but are they that naive that this wouldn't be happening if Trump/or if any other Republican was president? Or the situation would get better if Trump wins in November?

She’s one heartbeat away from being the president that’s scary . I would love a Harris vs Trump . A easy bet in Vegas
That is becoming a possibility and I am sure there is already a plan for that in place.

The thing that is interesting to me is that with both of these old soggy bastards ages, there is becoming a strong chance that neither make it through the four years.

We know the Dems playbook: Kamala becomes the first woman president. She most likely wouldn’t win reelection but she would still be a first.

But what is the GOPs plan if trump doesn’t make it through the term?

That is becoming a possibility and I am sure there is already a plan for that in place.

The thing that is interesting to me is that with both of these old soggy bastards ages, there is becoming a strong chance that neither make it through the four years.

We know the Dems playbook: Kamala becomes the first woman president. She most likely wouldn’t win reelection but she would still be a first.

Really depends on the VP he selects . That’s why I’m thinking Tim Scott > Vivek or lake

I get them being upset over the Gaza situation but are they that naive that this wouldn't be happening if Trump/or if any other Republican was president? Or the situation would get better if Trump wins in November?
If it doesn't matter, why would they vote for either? If two guys are holding a gun to your wife's head, and they proclaim that they're both going to shoot her no matter what, are you really gonna nickle and dime over who the better choice is to be your friend?

The bigger question is what happens to the Republican Party if Trump croaks tomorrow.

Really depends on the VP he selects . That’s why I’m thinking Tim Scott > Vivek or lake
So as with Putin,

hope that trump stays in charge because his replacement would be even more extreme..

The bigger question is what happens to the Republican Party if Trump croaks tomorrow.
You said it better but that is more of the question I was trying to get to.

What is the plan B?
Yes trump is a Big Mac away at any moment from here on out. But what is the plan?

Look at his approval rating, it's worse than Trump's was.

This isn't 2020 and that election was close. WAKE. THE. FUCK. UP.

I think trump is also polling better than he did in 2016 and 2020, and his net favourability is at an all time high as well. According to most polls anyways

That's why I said Biden losing a small portion of the Arab and Muslim voters could be disastrous for him. That's not including black and Hispanic support which Biden is also losing. The 2024 election is not looking good for him.

in addition to the arab and muslim vote, this college crowd and tik-tokers that can vote will also be soured, as they are calling him genocide Joe lol

You said it better but that is more of the question I was trying to get to.

What is the plan B?
Yes trump is a Big Mac away at any moment from here on out. But what is the plan?
At this point, both parties would be hard pressed to find an emergency replacement that wasn't a complete wildcard. I doubt it's something either party has a "plan" for.

At this point, both parties would be hard pressed to find an emergency replacement that wasn't a complete wildcard. I doubt it's something either party has a "plan" for.
Couldn't The Dems just throw in Michael or Gavin...It doesn't matter who they choose because the voters are just voting against Trump and really don't care who the candidate is...as long as bad orange man is gone they'll be happy.

Couldn't The Dems just throw in Michael or Gavin...It doesn't matter who they choose because the voters are just voting against Trump and really don't care who the candidate is...as long as bad orange man is gone they'll be happy.

I think a good option for them, so I hope they don't do it, would be Big Gretch of Michigan.

Woman, popular with progressives. And while Detroit is a mess, Newsom gets way worse headlines, and the breakdown of Oakland, San Fran, and LA get way more coverage than detroit.

I don't know how easy it would be to just rip a Governor out of his state to run for President at this point. Even then, it's not guaranteed that he would even do that well in a general election. Both parties would be left pissing in the wind, if they had to replace their candidate at the last minute.

This is a nothing burger...

Michigan Democrats, especially Muslims, might be angry at Biden, but they'll never vote for Trump

The only danger for Biden is if they refuse to vote altogether. Trump did squeak by Hillary in 2016, but I can't see repeat of that.
I think the Arab and Muslim Dem voters want the Dem establishment to believe they will not vote for Biden even though I think they have no intention of letting Trump win. Because regardless of what one's opinion is on the Gaza war the Biden admin is clearly more sympathetic towards Palestinians than Trump. I don't blame the Arab and Muslim voters and activists though for trying to pressure the Biden Admin because they don't have any other option.

I think a good option for them, so I hope they don't do it, would be Big Gretch of Michigan.

Woman, popular with progressives. And while Detroit is a mess, Newsom gets way worse headlines, and the breakdown of Oakland, San Fran, and LA get way more coverage than detroit.
Its crazy that they would still vote for Gretch after how she treated the citizens during the Sweet and Sour Sniffles "Pandemic"...but you're right and that would a scary but good choice.

Michigan Democrats, especially Muslims, might be angry at Biden, but they'll never vote for Trump

The only danger for Biden is if they refuse to vote altogether. Trump did squeak by Hillary in 2016, but I can't see repeat of that.
You are missing the point. They are not threatening to vote for Trump. They are knowingly accepting a short term loss (a Trump win in 2024) for a long term win of hopefully forcing the Dems to rebalance their Israel-Palestine policy. This has been clearly stated in many interviews with leaders of this movement and Michigan Dems.

You are missing the point. They are not threatening to vote for Trump. They are knowingly accepting a short term loss (a Trump win in 2024) for a long term win of hopefully forcing the Dems to rebalance their Israel-Palestine policy. This has been clearly stated in many interviews with leaders of this movement and Michigan Dems.

lol... You're over-stating how much average Americans feel about about Israel and Palestinians.

It's on most people's radar but most Americans are more worried about policies that directly affect them on a day to day basis.

And outside of the muslim population and radical leftwing wackos on college campuses in Michigan, that goes for Democrat voters there too.

Yes they care about what's going in Gaza, but not enough to vote for Trump over Biden about it...

lol

lol... You're over-stating how much average Americans feel about about Israel and Palestinians.

It's on most people's radar but most Americans are more worried about policies that directly affect them on a day to day basis.

And outside of the muslim population and radical leftwing wackos on college campuses in Michigan, that goes for Democrat voters there too.

Yes they care about what's going in Gaza, but not enough to vote for Trump over Biden about it...

lol
Yep...the overwhelming majority of voters care more about things that affect them on a daily basis and really don't care about a conflict that will continue for a 1000 more years.

God this is how we got Trudeau last election.

Back