Opinion Democrat insiders propose bringing back the Clintons, yet its not all their fault

panem-et-circenses

In the garden
Reaction score
“Even before his decision to bear-hug Benjamin Netanyahu and his recent eleven-point approval rating drop, Biden’s weaknesses were manifold. Trump now leads in key battleground states like Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, and the 2020 electoral coalition that narrowly ensured Trump’s defeat appears to be coming apart thanks to huge dips in support from black Americans, Arab Americans, and those under thirty.”

I spoke with dozens of Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans.

“On the topic of the Mideast, once the Israeli incursion into Gaza ends there will presumably be some steps toward diplomacy. Biden cannot run the country, run for reelection and oversee a new Mideast peace process. He should appoint a pair of high-level envoys for the post: Bill and Hillary Clinton.”

As one canny Democratic strategist all but begged: Talk about abortion every day.

And it may be the most painful act he takes as president, but Biden should clear the air the best he can when it comes to his son Hunter’s business dealings.

Why aren’t the president or vice president linking arms with store owners, employees and police departments?

Joe Biden should run for reelection by attacking his opponent as an ally of the rich while foregrounding his relationships with several prominent Republicans in a campaign overseen by Rahm Emanuel. He should go all-in on a conservative law-and-order message while saying something firm, though unspecified, about immigration and the border. He should avoid Hillary Clinton’s mistakes, while also repeating several of them and quite literally naming both Clintons to spearhead a new peace process in the Middle East.”

Politico/Jacobin

The Democrats have seriously risked a great deal by not having a backup for Biden in place, like, four years ago. Offering solutions that seem outdated at best, totally inept at worst, does little to stop the beating of the drums. People just don’t think the president is fit to be potus for another four years, no matter the rebranding.

Bringing back Hillary, and leaning on Rahm (never thought I’d hear those words), is only going to alienate voters. In other words, it won’t add votes; it will take votes away.

But, really, you can’t blame Dems for all of our stupidity, either. It’s very difficult to convince someone who would vote for Trump in ‘24, no matter the vast amount of information out there that shows he was a bad president. Just imagine voting for Trump lmao. That’s almost masochistic.

The real question: what can democrats do in order to turn things around?

Bringing back Obama would be better.

f276dd92-1798-4705-9bdb-4356c09e6a65_text.gif

“Even before his decision to bear-hug Benjamin Netanyahu and his recent eleven-point approval rating drop, Biden’s weaknesses were manifold. Trump now leads in key battleground states like Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, and the 2020 electoral coalition that narrowly ensured Trump’s defeat appears to be coming apart thanks to huge dips in support from black Americans, Arab Americans, and those under thirty.”

I spoke with dozens of Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans.

“On the topic of the Mideast, once the Israeli incursion into Gaza ends there will presumably be some steps toward diplomacy. Biden cannot run the country, run for reelection and oversee a new Mideast peace process. He should appoint a pair of high-level envoys for the post: Bill and Hillary Clinton.”

Joe Biden should run for reelection by attacking his opponent as an ally of the rich while foregrounding his relationships with several prominent Republicans in a campaign overseen by Rahm Emanuel. He should go all-in on a conservative law-and-order message while saying something firm, though unspecified, about immigration and the border. He should avoid Hillary Clinton’s mistakes, while also repeating several of them and quite literally naming both Clintons to spearhead a new peace process in the Middle East.”

Politico/Jacobin

The Democrats have seriously risked a great deal by not having a backup for Biden in place, like, four years ago. Offering solutions that seem outdated at best, totally inept at worst, does little to stop the beating of the drums. People just don’t think the president is fit to be potus for another four years, no matter the rebranding.

Bringing back Hillary, and leaning on Rahm (never thought I’d hear those words), is only going to alienate voters. In other words, it won’t add votes; it will take votes away.

But, really, you can’t blame Dems for all of our stupidity, either. It’s very difficult to convince someone who would vote for Trump in ‘24, no matter the vast amount of information out there that shows he was a bad president. Just imagine voting for Trump lmao. That’s almost masochistic.

The real question: what can democrats do in order to turn things around?
The last I heard, a generic "Democrat Candidate" beats both Trump and Biden. It's clear what should happen and to do otherwise and it's irresponsible for Biden to do otherwise. I'd say it's likely the same could be said of Justin Trudeau (i.e. vs. "generic liberal" candidate).

The last I heard, a generic "Democrat Candidate" beats both Trump and Biden. It's clear what should happen and to do otherwise and it's irresponsible for Biden to do otherwise. I'd say it's likely the same could be said of Justin Trudeau (i.e. vs. "generic liberal" candidate).

it isn’t going to happen. It’s Biden or nothing. Fundraising season is in full swing, and Dems have made it clear they aren’t holding any cards close to their chest.

it isn’t going to happen. It’s Biden or nothing. Fundraising season is in full swing, and Dems have made it clear they aren’t holding any cards close to their chest.
Yeah, I didn't say anything predictive in my post. They will or they won't. I was just answering the last question of your post.

Biden may involuntarily take himself out..

He’s not looking well

Bringing back Obama would be better.
Trump thinks Obama is still President. Trump has 7 times in his rallies lately confused Obama as the current President.
NO wonder Trumps handlers are keeping him far away from the GOP debates.

The issue here is that "the Democrats" doesn't refer to any specific person or group of people with the power to act here. It's not like there's some secret committee somewhere that makes these decisions and isn't aware that Biden's polls aren't looking good at the moment. If someone doesn't want Biden to run, they have to personally convince him. If they want someone else to run, they have to talk that person into it. Or anyone who wants to can run. But I think everyone thinks Biden has done a great job, and that running against him would A) lead to defeat and B) hurt him in the general.

Anyway, the panic is a bit unwarranted, as the campaign hasn't even started, and by the time the election happens, it's likely that perception of the economy will match up more with the current reality. A landslide win for Biden is a definitely possibility.

Biden now agg polling below Trump, DeSantis and Haley.

There was a wave of hate for Trump and Biden rode that to victory.

No one actually voted for Biden, they voted against Trump.

His performance is bad. Some might still cast a vote for him to hurt Trump, but not as many people.

Dirty Dana and Joe Rogan need to start the peoples champs party.

There was a wave of hate for Trump and Biden rode that to victory.

No one actually voted for Biden, they voted against Trump.

His performance is bad. Some might still cast a vote for him to hurt Trump, but not as many people.

Dirty Dana and Joe Rogan need to start the peoples champs party.

And they arrogantly have the balls to tell people who were gaslit into voting for him that "no one elected you to represent them". When they know damm well that most people voting for Biden do not agree with most of the shit he's doing.

This shit is why I hate representative democracy to it's core. It's the only system that will blame you for your own oppression.

Back