Opinion Democrat insiders propose bringing back the Clintons, yet its not all their fault

I'm not buying it. Both are too old and haven't looked healthy.

I know hillary has been on a recent interview/think tank spree, but she has been heckled quite publicly.

Rather, you will see members of Biden's cabinet like Raimondo (future POTUS candidate IMHO), Haaland, Vilsack, and Haines in front of the camera more often

f276dd92-1798-4705-9bdb-4356c09e6a65_text.gif
Such Great Bad movie.

“Even before his decision to bear-hug Benjamin Netanyahu and his recent eleven-point approval rating drop, Biden’s weaknesses were manifold. Trump now leads in key battleground states like Georgia, Nevada, Arizona, Michigan, and Pennsylvania, and the 2020 electoral coalition that narrowly ensured Trump’s defeat appears to be coming apart thanks to huge dips in support from black Americans, Arab Americans, and those under thirty.”

I spoke with dozens of Democrats and anti-Trump Republicans.

“On the topic of the Mideast, once the Israeli incursion into Gaza ends there will presumably be some steps toward diplomacy. Biden cannot run the country, run for reelection and oversee a new Mideast peace process. He should appoint a pair of high-level envoys for the post: Bill and Hillary Clinton.”

Joe Biden should run for reelection by attacking his opponent as an ally of the rich while foregrounding his relationships with several prominent Republicans in a campaign overseen by Rahm Emanuel. He should go all-in on a conservative law-and-order message while saying something firm, though unspecified, about immigration and the border. He should avoid Hillary Clinton’s mistakes, while also repeating several of them and quite literally naming both Clintons to spearhead a new peace process in the Middle East.”

Politico/Jacobin

The Democrats have seriously risked a great deal by not having a backup for Biden in place, like, four years ago. Offering solutions that seem outdated at best, totally inept at worst, does little to stop the beating of the drums. People just don’t think the president is fit to be potus for another four years, no matter the rebranding.

Bringing back Hillary, and leaning on Rahm (never thought I’d hear those words), is only going to alienate voters. In other words, it won’t add votes; it will take votes away.

But, really, you can’t blame Dems for all of our stupidity, either. It’s very difficult to convince someone who would vote for Trump in ‘24, no matter the vast amount of information out there that shows he was a bad president. Just imagine voting for Trump lmao. That’s almost masochistic.

The real question: what can democrats do in order to turn things around?

Only the modern left could say "Biden's war mongering and alliance with Israel will kill us in the election! Let's nominate Hillary instead!" and actually think it's a viable strategy

Maybe they can roll out Beyonce & Jay-Z again to tell people to vote blue. Or they cant admit the country (and world) hasn't gone well enough in the past 3 years to overcome how old and incapable of doing the job Biden looks. It's not policy. People don't want to lose their money to inflation, people don't want to die in WW3, and people don't feel good when East Palestine and Maui happen. Biden doesn't project any confidence to be able to fix or prevent any of those.

The issue here is that "the Democrats" doesn't refer to any specific person or group of people with the power to act here. It's not like there's some secret committee somewhere that makes these decisions and isn't aware that Biden's polls aren't looking good at the moment. If someone doesn't want Biden to run, they have to personally convince him. If they want someone else to run, they have to talk that person into it. Or anyone who wants to can run. But I think everyone thinks Biden has done a great job, and that running against him would A) lead to defeat and B) hurt him in the general.

Anyway, the panic is a bit unwarranted, as the campaign hasn't even started, and by the time the election happens, it's likely that perception of the economy will match up more with the current reality. A landslide win for Biden is a definitely possibility.
Indeed, the election is a longish way off yet and it's premature to write the obituary for the Biden presidency. At the same time, it seems to me that if he had the guts to step aside for almost any another candidate, victory would be practically assured, particularly with Trump as the other option.

But then again, I'm reminded of the comment by Bill Barr--Trump is the only person not from Delaware to lose an election to Joe Biden.

I usually vote right but I gotta give Bill Clinton respect.

Bill had charisma, Hillary does not.

When you look at it objectively: she rode Bills coat tails.

I dont fault her for that (they wanna pay you, get paid) but, she was so unlikable she lost to Trump...

Also find it funny she was Hillary Rodham-Clinton in the media for some time (yes I'm old) before she found it convenient to drop the first part...

The last I heard, a generic "Democrat Candidate" beats both Trump and Biden. It's clear what should happen and to do otherwise and it's irresponsible for Biden to do otherwise. I'd say it's likely the same could be said of Justin Trudeau (i.e. vs. "generic liberal" candidate).
I’m gonna say that come Election Day, geriatric democrat beats trump

This is a conservative fantasy. There is no serious group in the Dem party looking to draft the Clintons.

And they arrogantly have the balls to tell people who were gaslit into voting for him that "no one elected you to represent them". When they know damm well that most people voting for Biden do not agree with most of the shit he's doing.

This shit is why I hate representative democracy to it's core. It's the only system that will blame you for your own oppression.
I hate it because our choices are between 2 dudes who will be in their 80’ at the end of their term. It’s funny that Trump voters call Biden old but they are close enough in age to be at the same High school together. ole man Joe would have been a senior while Donny would have been a freshman.
7 times in last couple months Trump has called Obama the current President.
Both of them have lost their fastball.
Hell Iowa voted in a guy as Senator in 2022 who just turned 90 in Grassley. The Boomers greed fucked this country and we are still voting for the worst generation

Indeed, the election is a longish way off yet and it's premature to write the obituary for the Biden presidency. At the same time, it seems to me that if he had the guts to step aside for almost any another candidate, victory would be practically assured, particularly with Trump as the other option.

But then again, I'm reminded of the comment by Bill Barr--Trump is the only person not from Delaware to lose an election to Joe Biden.

Disagree that it would be that easy. Biden won the primary in 2020 because he was perceived as being the most electable candidate, and traditionally, incumbents have an advantage but the incumbent party running without an incumbent is at a disadvantage. Plus, Biden has already been subject to various dishonest attacks, while "generic Democrat" (or whoever it would actually be) hasn't. You know that if Whitmer or Pritzker or someone were to run, half the population would suddenly discover that they're the most evil, corrupt person on the planet, and the media would act like whatever crazy accusations made against them were a real story, and bothsidesists would want to prove how unbiased they are by accepting the claims, etc. And we'd be back to "why oh why can't either party nominate someone who everyone agrees is good?"

Disagree that it would be that easy. Biden won the primary in 2020 because he was perceived as being the most electable candidate, and traditionally, incumbents have an advantage but the incumbent party running without an incumbent is at a disadvantage. Plus, Biden has already been subject to various dishonest attacks, while "generic Democrat" (or whoever it would actually be) hasn't. You know that if Whitmer or Pritzker or someone were to run, half the population would suddenly discover that they're the most evil, corrupt person on the planet, and the media would act like whatever crazy accusations made against them were a real story, and bothsidesists would want to prove how unbiased they are by accepting the claims, etc. And we'd be back to "why oh why can't either party nominate someone who everyone agrees is good?"
My response to this is the second paragraph of that self-same post :D

There was a wave of hate for Trump and Biden rode that to victory.

No one actually voted for Biden, they voted against Trump.

His performance is bad. Some might still cast a vote for him to hurt Trump, but not as many people.

Dirty Dana and Joe Rogan need to start the peoples champs party.

I think it's the opposite. When it comes to actually being president, even Republicans generally have to admit that Biden has done a great job. The issue is just Trump's cult-like following and the feeling that he's not going to campaign well.

There's more Clintons?
HOW MANY MORE BODIES ARE THERE KILLARY?!?!

I think it's the opposite. When it comes to actually being president, even Republicans generally have to admit that Biden has done a great job. The issue is just Trump's cult-like following and the feeling that he's not going to campaign well.
I stand corrected.
I should have not said: "Nobody supports Joe Biden" Jack V Savage from Sherdog, Jill Biden, and Kamala support Joe Biden. Hunter is neutral, he gets paid either way.

Funny snippet from the Rock and Joe Rogan addressing this issue. The Rock talks about his friends that support Biden. Rogan asks: "Do you really have friends that support Joe Biden." The Rock says he stands corrected, they support the Democratic platform:

The Rock & Rogan

Democrats don't even think he is doing a good job, let alone Republicans, get outta here. They are going to replace him with someone the people like.

I pray for cooler heads.
The Globalists provoked a reaction

I stand corrected.
I should have not said: "Nobody supports Joe Biden" Jack V Savage from Sherdog, Jill Biden, and Kamala support Joe Biden. Hunter is neutral, he gets paid either way.

Funny snippet from the Rock and Joe Rogan addressing this issue. The Rock talks about his friends that support Biden. Rogan asks: "Do you really have friends that support Joe Biden." The Rock says he stands corrected, they support the Democratic platform:

The Rock & Rogan

Democrats don't even think he is doing a good job, let alone Republicans, get outta here. They are going to replace him with someone the people like.

He's gotten a lot of major policy passed, and Republicans don't even talk about it (compare the freakout over the ACA) because they know it's not a winning message. The focus is almost all on imaginary stuff. Wouldn't surprise me that Rogan's stoner friends aren't following serious policy discussions, though.

And people don't believe me when I tell them the Democrats lose on purpose.

Back