jiujitsu tattoos

after i got my purple i went and got a tattoo that i had been thinking about for a while.

the belt has a lot of void in it so i can change the color and not loose definition.

belttat0.bmp

belttat1.bmp

amazing ink

If anyone can justify a tattoo, it's an 8-year blue who obviously has a love for the sport which preempts ego, desire for rank, etc.

Does anyone use a shark eating a lion/tiger/gorilla as a logo?

An 8-year blue belt is probably an 8-year blue belt because they lack the desire and dedication to train regularly. Unless it's extenuating circumstances, chances are they aren't too serious about BJJ and take long periods of time away from it. Not saying always, but you should be able to get to purple if you've been training consistently for 8 years.

A quick observation is that the more tattoo's the guy has, the less likely he is to be a top fighter. Think about the top guys in all the divisions, none of them are covered in tats. Then think about all the undercarders or smaller show guys and how many of them are covered. Just an observation.

An 8-year blue belt is probably an 8-year blue belt because they lack the desire and dedication to train regularly. Unless it's extenuating circumstances, chances are they aren't too serious about BJJ and take long periods of time away from it. Not saying always, but you should be able to get to purple if you've been training consistently for 8 years.

Don't forget that injuries can keep you off the mat too or school closings.

yeah, he says its like he can be a gentleman and a madman

but its identical to the jits tat in kenji

I recently read that he said it was the jiu jitsu tattoo, Meaning its a gentle art but can be dangerous or something like that. Which is much like him, a gentleman and a madman.

after i got my purple i went and got a tattoo that i had been thinking about for a while.

the belt has a lot of void in it so i can change the color and not loose definition.

belttat0.bmp

belttat1.bmp

Thats sick, I like how you incorporated the Ribeiro symbol. The belt color doesn't matter now, you'll eventually have to have it filled in with black anyways right.

Got this tattoo after i got my blue belt training in Brazil for 10 months in Gracie Barra Belo Horizonte Brazil with my master Draculino.

hackle.jpg

Thats sick, I like how you incorporated the Ribeiro symbol. The belt color doesn't matter now, you'll eventually have to have it filled in with black anyways right.

yeah, i hope to color it black someday :) even then i should have enough blank area in the belt to still have some definition, instead of a black blob.

One tattoo that's hardcore BJJ is the one on my avatar. The guy put Prof. Helio (old version) on his arm. Lol. now that's hardcore.

Got this tattoo after i got my blue belt training in Brazil for 10 months in Gracie Barra Belo Horizonte Brazil with my master Draculino.

I train with Draculino here in Texas, great guy. Samuel Braga is also here teaching with Drac, but they often talk of the Belo Horizonte school.

I train with Draculino here in Texas, great guy. Samuel Braga is also here teaching with Drac, but they often talk of the Belo Horizonte school.

Cool i was just talking to Drac a couple days ago. I will come and visit his new school for sure. Samuel is fucking aswesome as well his really fun to train with his so god damn fast. I dont know if draculino has seen my tattoo yet , let him know for me haha.

And yah i think ill fill it in red after my first in may.

Cool i was just talking to Drac a couple days ago. I will come and visit his new school for sure. Samuel is fucking aswesome as well his really fun to train with his so god damn fast. I dont know if draculino has seen my tattoo yet , let him know for me haha.

And yah i think ill fill it in red after my first in may.

If he doesn't know then you can surprise him when you come down. The school is just getting on it's feet, only a month and a week or two old..and I think he has around 100 students signed already..and new guys all the time.

Samuel.....is something else for sure. The guy is 135 soaking wet but he feels like 200 when rolling because his leverage is soo good. I rolled with him and Leo Cantu the other day and both are amazing. I haven't rolled with Drac yet as his back is all jacked up right now, hopefully he wont need surgery.

Anyway, I remember rolling with Samuel, we started and ended up facing on our knees..and I literally blinked and he was on my back, he's like nightcrawler.

Back