jiujitsu tattoos

5358157545_6549218e14.jpg

found this pic, while crusing the web. "Robot vs. bear bjj" was the tag

i always thought a phoenix flying upward carrying a rod of some sort in its claws with the colored belts hanging off the rod, and a gracie simbol on the belts. the phoenix would sybolize a new begining the rod with the belts hanging would symbolize the progress you have made, and the gracie "G" on the belts to give respect to the people who brought this gentle art to america.

My other jiu-Jitsu inspired piece
IMAG0003.jpg

I get the Gracie G's, the colored feathers and the cage. I like the concept of incorporating it into a dream-catcher, but I think the eyeballs and sinew ruin it. I've read your posts before and you seem like a laid back guy but if I saw the eyeballs and teeth, I'd think you were a total meathead.

If I ever got one, it would be something like jiu-jitsu in kanji. Or the Gracie triangle. Something like that.

A couple of guys at my gym have jiu-jitsu tattoos.

One of our best competitors has a big cross on his shoulder. When he got his purple belt, he got "JIU" added across the horizontal and "JITSU" on the vertical. He told me "I got this so I can look like a grade-A douchebag if I ever quit training".

We also have a couple of BJJ blue belts that have gotten our gym's logo (which we commonly refer to as "the splat triangle") as a tattoo. One of them is also a black belt in karate there, and has been training under Johnny since he was a kid.

I've considered getting one, but I think it's still way too early in my progression. Absolutely not until I'm a blue belt, and most likely not unless I receive a purple belt or higher.

Was anyone ever stupid enough to tattoo an actual black belt around their waist yet?

Was anyone ever stupid enough to tattoo an actual black belt around their waist yet?

I know one guy that is doing it. 1/4 in blue, 1/4 purple and we are still waiting for the rest.

Guys that tat belts around there waist deserve exactly what they get, the punishment from there friends calling them a *** for life. fuck that's almost as bad as a Triangle tattoo put in the tramp stamp area.

I am a Blue Belt and have trained for around 2 + years. I am currently working on my Jiu Jitsu tattoo.

If Jiu-Jitsu has changed your life, made you a better person, or given you some sort of positive outlook in any way, go get your tat, stop worrying about what the haters say, and let them hate, it should motivate you to train harder, show off your tat more, and know that most of the haters are posers anyway who only watch MMA/UFC for the simple fact that they want to seem cool, but in reality, they probably don't train, probably don't love the sport or have the passion we do.

It is stupid no doubt but if i put in 10 years or whatever id fuckin do it so i never had to take it off, i just want the gracie barra G small on the top of my hand, the webbing between index and thumb for now though

Guys that tat belts around there waist deserve exactly what they get, the punishment from there friends calling them a *** for life. fuck that's almost as bad as a Triangle tattoo put in the tramp stamp area.

I am a Blue Belt and have trained for around 2 + years. I am currently working on my Jiu Jitsu tattoo.

If Jiu-Jitsu has changed your life, made you a better person, or given you some sort of positive outlook in any way, go get your tat, stop worrying about what the haters say, and let them hate, it should motivate you to train harder, show off your tat more, and know that most of the haters are posers anyway who only watch MMA/UFC for the simple fact that they want to seem cool, but in reality, they probably don't train, probably don't love the sport or have the passion we do.

Wow i hate it when your thinking of something great to post and someone just says it better before you finish typing it

I have often contemplated a black belt that wraps around my arm... (when I become a black belt obviously). And yes, I said 'when'. I know a lot can happen, but short of me losing use of my body there isnt anything that will prevent me from training. Lets just say it is on my 'bucket list' fosho.

I have a big ass tattoo on my chest, shoulder, right arm, and part-way accross my back now. I am saving my other arm for this one though.

I like the idea of a tattoo about BJJ, but not BJJ itself...like Telles, who has a octopus, which relates to BJJ well with it squeezing the life out of it's prey and all..something like that is more meaningful and cool to me.

I have a combination Judo and BJJ tattoo also incorporating an octopus, I didn't know Telles had one, that's cool.

I definitely wouldn't get a BJJ tattoo until I'd been doing it a while, and unless you own the school, I wouldn't get a school tattoo ever. Too big or a risk. It would be like getting a 6 month girlfriend's name tattooed on your arm. What the hell do you do when you break up? Find another 'Rachel' to date?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back