• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jiri just said himself he was out

Jiri was already fighting on one and a half legs, I don’t see him making a comeback after getting dropped and then whatever damage Alex would have done when he mounted him. The ref is there to protect the fighters which is what he was doing for Jiri at that point in the fight.

He said that because he's a gentleman.

His thought process most certainly was 'If I ended in that position I deserved to lose the fight'.

That's a bad stoppage, you can't do that in a title fight, always give the benefit of the doubt, even if there's only a 0,1% chance of a comeback.

Jiri was already fighting on one and a half legs, I don’t see him making a comeback after getting dropped and then whatever damage Alex would have done when he mounted him. The ref is there to protect the fighters which is what he was doing for Jiri at that point in the fight.
then he should have protected jiri from every strike he got hit with. he didn’t though, because that’s not really what the ref is there to do. it’s not 2008 anymore, getting mounted doesn’t mean shit these days. every fighter can buck and shrimp out now. it’s a very common position that you honestly don’t see many fights finish in ever anymore.

Either Jiri truly believed he was done and attested to that or he was being tactful, not wanting to add fuel to the fire of any type of controversy that would take away from Alex’s win. Either way, he deserves a lot of props. We’ve seen tons of interviews where some guy denies even being hurt when he was clearly wobbled or badly rocked. Jiri is a class act.

As for the actual outcome- yeah it looked like Jiri still could have been given a bit more time before the stoppage but there’s also no doubt that Alex had him in a terrible spot. I’m not going to argue that it was a bad stoppage because I think the optics clearly looked like Jiri went limp and dropped back. Ref makes his decision without the benefit of replay.

then he should have protected jiri from every strike he got hit with. he didn’t though, because that’s not really what the ref is there to do. it’s not 2008 anymore, getting mounted doesn’t mean shit these days. every fighter can buck and shrimp out now. it’s a very common position that you honestly don’t see many fights finish in ever anymore.
I guess the other option is he gets stretchered out like fighters on the gamebred card last night.

Well I mean if he says so burn it really didn’t seem like considering he was back up to his fight without issue

I suggest you actually watch the fights next time. Jiri did not get right back up. There was no immediate reaction. He had issues. He sat on his knees for a significant amount of time not protesting, not saying anything, not even looking up at anything. He was out of it. When he eventually did stand up he tried to bounce around and put his hands up clearly not aware of what was going on.

All you Morans saying it was an early stoppage can shut up now
Attempting to call other people "morons" when your incomprehensibly stupid self can't even properly spell moron is absolutely hilarious. I would expect nothing less from a delusional twat like yourself.

Either Jiri truly believed he was done and attested to that or he was being tactful, not wanting to add fuel to the fire of any type of controversy that would take away from Alex’s win. Either way, he deserves a lot of props. We’ve seen tons of interviews where some guy denies even being hurt when he was clearly wobbled or badly rocked. Jiri is a class act.

As for the actual outcome- yeah it looked like Jiri still could have been given a bit more time before the stoppage but there’s also no doubt that Alex had him in a terrible spot. I’m not going to argue that it was a bad stoppage because I think the optics clearly looked like Jiri went limp and dropped back. Ref makes his decision without the benefit of replay.

<WellThere>

Just because Jiri typically is able to recover from big shots doesn't mean he didn't just get KOd. It was a perfect stoppage.

There you have it folks.

Anyone with functioning eyes that has watched MMA long enough can see Jiri went out twice. The hook that dropped him had him out momentarily and then the elbow KOed him again. Jiri's just more prone to quickly waking back up than others but I can name multiple fights were guys got KOed and woke back up either by falling or from getting hit again(Hendo vs Shields, Shields got KOed by the H-bomb but woke up due to falling, Lawler vs Askren, Askren was out from a GnP shot and then next one Lawler landed woke him up). In this situation though Jiri went out twice in quick succession while taking like 15-20 unanswered strikes and the rules state you have to intelligently defend yourself which Jiri wasn't doing.

The guy literally said he was out, but people are still making excuses. It's insane how some people are salty here : they never accept facts.

Izzy was still on his feet when he lost against Pereira, but it was a perfectly legit stoppage too and the referee saved him from a brutal KO.

Attempting to call other people "morons" when your incomprehensibly stupid self can't even properly spell moron is absolutely hilarious. I would expect nothing less from a delusional twat like yourself.

moran.0.jpg

I agree with Jiri. He didn't just end up mounted. He ended up mounted because he completely collapsed backwards on the canvas from getting elbowed in the side of the head while attempting a desperation takedown. He was out. The extra blows would have been academic at that point.

Back