• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NHL 23: Broken Sternums and Broken Dreams

448580534_1011951370297000_1309747085117766050_n.jpg

so you're telling me there's a chance?

Totally agree. Similar thing happened to Gina. I saw her on some podcast total blimp.
Yeah, oilers should win this for the fans and Panthers should win at home for their fans .

Carano? Yeah I think I was a screen grab. I saw sad

You probably thought the same thing after the Bruins thrashed the Canucks 8-1 in game 3 in 2011.

Got your asses kicked by Sea Bass.

seabass.webp

someone should shoop an oilers jersey onto him and have him holding up a cup full of absolute suck, just so that everybody knows where the oilers team stands.

someone should shoop an oilers jersey onto him and have him holding up a cup full of absolute suck, just so that everybody knows where the oilers team stands.

The odds of coming back from 3-1 aren't that much longer than from 2-0.

Win % from 3-1: 90.8
Win % from 2-0: 86.3

And this isn't even factoring in how the Oilers, as others have said, actually out played the Panthers over the first 4 games of this series. Their actual odds should be seen as higher than 9.2% for that reason.

This series has a couple parallels to the 2011 finals. Luongo was stellar in the beginning. Bruins eventually cracked him pretty spectacularly and took their first game 8-1. Scored 21 of the last 25 goals in the series to take the cup. Oilers have scored 10 of the last 11 goals in this one.

I searched for the betting odds after game 2 of that series, but I can't find them anywhere. Vancouver started the series -240 so I wouldn't be surprised if the Bruins had longer odds at that point than the Oilers do now.

So similarly unlikely things have happened after you were probably already celebrating; much to your chagrin. I'm not sure how the die hards in Vancouver would take it if it happened again here. Might be the first city to riot after an NHL game when their team isn't even playing.

Last edited:
The odds of coming back from 3-1 aren't that much longer than from 2-0.

Win % from 3-1: 90.8
Win % from 2-0: 86.3

well, perhaps the oilers shouldn't suck so hard and then they absolutely wouldn't be in this position.

Last edited:
well, perhaps the oilers shouldn't suck so hard and then they absolutely wouldn't be in this position.

I just checked and the Oilers currently have better betting odds to win the cup (+700) than any other Canadian team had at any point of the season or post-season. Including the Canucks when they were up 3-2 against Edmonton. When you said the Canucks were going to win the cup they were like 18:1 or something.

You think Edmonton fans are Lloyd, but you are actually Lloyd.

q9SREL.gif

6bbccae6193d1661a87558833041b5b8.jpg

Last edited:
Edmonton wins tonight for the simple fact that the odds of every single Stanley Cup Final game matching the NBA Finals from start to finish is highly unlikely.

Edmonton wins tonight for the simple fact that the odds of every single Stanley Cup Final game matching the NBA Finals from start to finish is highly unlikely.

the only thing edmonton will be winning today is an exit from the playoffs and a wheelbarrow full of absolute suck to go with the rest of their suck.

go cats go.

Last edited:
the only thing edmonton will be winning today is an exit from the playoffs and a wheelbarrow full of absolute suck to go with the rest of their suck.

go cats go.
The jinx machine is real. If the Oilers win in 7 I will definitely blame you. Lol

The NBA season is over?? Covid wrecked it. Bring back the days that only really ended 5 odd years ago where the NHL final finished THEN the NBA finals started.

I swear the NHL season started a week or so before the NBA season too. I thought the general understanding was they would schedule the seasons so the final series don't clash. That would've been more for the benefit of the NHL too

Back