Media Jiri going limp from this angle... how is it possible from that little"no room" punch unless...

Truly good, inside left hooks — the arm doesn't move at all — the punch connects due to body torque, feet firmly planted, with the twisting motion from the foot, generated through the leg, hips, and then total body rotation — in one fluid movement.

That was the proverbial 6" punch, made famous by Joe Louis. The fist barely looked like it moved, and people would drop like flies.

The truth is, that shot from Pereira was a devastating, right on the point of the chin, forcing it toward the back of the head.

TS simply has no idea what he's talking about.

He got hit with a right hook which pushed him into a left hook, which actually landed on the same side of his face. It was similar to the Izzy/Whitaker KO.

Bad angle. Pereira landed the left clean.

giphy.gif

@KanoKanito

You didn't acknowledge this post or walk back your op. Cowboy up Kiddo.

The impact of the left hook was massive. No one at LHW just eats that without getting rocked.

After looking at these gifs it makes me wonder what Jiri was doing. He was right in range to get hit by Poatans hooks and had his feet squared. Was he trying to clinch?

Alex hits him a bunch of time in the head as he grabs his legs for the TD and continues to hit and elbow him as he goes down. Lots of accumulation there.
giphy.gif

...Jiri had a terrible weight cut that affected his chin? There is no way that you can go limp like that from that punch without some underlying problem, possibly related to weight cut.

85qw17.gif
I suggest you get a hold of alex and let him hit you with his short hook.

You don’t see the punch, it will destroy you, even baby jabs sometimes
Exactly, I can only remember Cowboy Cerrone dropping Edson Barboza with a jab the moment the Brazilian blinked.
donald-cerrone-vs-edson-barboza.gif

Reactions: HHJ
Alex hits him a bunch of time in the head as he grabs his legs for the TD and continues to hit and elbow him as he goes down. Lots of accumulation there.
giphy.gif
Yeh that's a great gif. Poatan referenced it in his interview, but they finishing sequence started when jiri collapsed onto his knees. Goddard gave jiri all the time between that collapse and the eventual stoppage to recover, NOT just they time after he rolled back. Goddard best in game

what? look how little wind up that punch has

Which punch? The right hook that you posted in the op; or the left uppercut in the first reply that actually dropped Jiri.

I dont get what some ppl are saying, really

Jiri ate a full left hook in a bad spot. No one survives that.
I'd be sleeping til next week most likely, if not dead

The impact of the left hook was massive. No one at LHW just eats that without getting rocked.

After looking at these gifs it makes me wonder what Jiri was doing. He was right in range to get hit by Poatans hooks and had his feet squared. Was he trying to clinch?

Alex just got the timing on it. Alex had been moving away the whole fight and Jiri was able to push him to the fence several times before. This time, Alex stood his ground, dodged Jiri's offense and just laid that vicious combo into him.

Absolutely retarded gameplan. Swinging wildly with your hands at your waist half the time against a kickboxer who KO'd the top striker in the sport within the last year... greeeeat idea. See ya in another year against Johnny Walker, Jiri :rolleyes:
That slop striking took him to the rodeo, but the world class bull Poatan taught him that there’s levels to this!

Alex just got the timing on it. Alex had been moving away the whole fight and Jiri was able to push him to the fence several times before. This time, Alex stood his ground, dodged Jiri's offense and just laid that vicious combo into him.
Sounds about right, thanks. I had quite a few beers and there was a lot of people and distractions at the house so I wasn’t 100% focused on the fight. Going to rewatch now.

That right hook drove jiri's skull right into the left hook.

I am so fucking disappointed Jiri lost, but goddamn that was a crushing blow

Reactions: HHJ
Jiri didn't expect to get hit that hard that close.. Alex is just a different level of MMA striker.

When you're that close to your opponent you don't expect a left hook with that type of power hitting you

Back