Media Jiri going limp from this angle... how is it possible from that little"no room" punch unless...

Sherdog has tons of dumb threads.

It finally hit me.

These people bet on fights and lost money. That's why they can't let it go.

Jiri: "I was out."
Sherbro: "Early!!"
Translate: "I just lost $500."

...Jiri had a terrible weight cut that affected his chin?

You're really digging deep into Big Nog's Book of Excuses.

Jiri weighed in at 204.2 lbs. That's nearly a full pound under the limit. If he was having a terrible weight cut, why would he cut so much extra weight? That doesn't make any sense. Granted, Jiri isn't the sharpest katana in the dojo, but he has a team to manage his weight cut.

Alex just got the timing on it. Alex had been moving away the whole fight and Jiri was able to push him to the fence several times before. This time, Alex stood his ground, dodged Jiri's offense and just laid that vicious combo into him.
After rewatching it seemed like Jiri also was gaining confidence in his hands after possibly hurting Alex. He landed a good right hand, Alex backed up to the fence, and Jiri got a bit reckless closing the distance. Alex countered with such a tight right left combo and Jiri didn’t see it coming.

Yeh that's a great gif. Poatan referenced it in his interview, but they finishing sequence started when jiri collapsed onto his knees. Goddard gave jiri all the time between that collapse and the eventual stoppage to recover, NOT just they time after he rolled back. Goddard best in game
True but IMO there is more to it after Jiri goes down from the rocking punches- it's funny the way Jiri does that sleepwalking thing where he tries to take Alex down when he is out on his feet; Jiri rises up and squares his legs like he is going to take Alex down. Then the thudding short range strikes from Alex seem to send him toward the sleep realm; he collapses after Alex's repeated thuds, lol. It looked like something a big brother beats up a little brother with, lulz

Weird take. You're talking about Alex Pereira who is literally known for having one of the most powerful left hooks in the game today (or ever). He connected first with the right and then cleanly with that left, even if he didn't wind up a ton for it. There was plenty of power behind that shot. Jiri doesn't exactly have the greatest chin or striking defense- He gets knocked down in the majority of his fights. But those shots from Poatan would put most humans down.

I mean who rivals Pereira for his left hook power?

Manhoef maybe?

The list is short.

...Jiri had a terrible weight cut that affected his chin? There is no way that you can go limp like that from that punch without some underlying problem, possibly related to weight cut.

85qw17.gif
Your opinion is trash. You have no experience and your threads are only good for those that like to point and laugh at the village idiot.

I mean it's the shots you don't see coming to brace and it's a Pereira left hook, like it's legendary. Jiri is a champ for not going straight out from it. Both guys had tons of power, Pereira snuck that hook in fast from an odd angle. Pereira is probably the best striker in UFC right now so its no shame.

eeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

...Jiri had a terrible weight cut that affected his chin? There is no way that you can go limp like that from that punch without some underlying problem, possibly related to weight cut.

85qw17.gif

You should follow up with Alex .P and ask him to left hook your super hydrated ass from that close and tell us how you feel once you wake up and can eat solid foods again 3 weeks from now...

85qw17.gif

he got hit bang in the button from a guy known for his devastating left hook. He can generate enough power without a winde up and if you catch someone clean on the chin, or just below the ear, it doesn’t need to be that hard to put you on your arse

85qw17.gif
Nah. There was a lot of torque by way how Alex is squared up abd moves his hips, on top of that Jiri didn't see it coming.

After rewatching it seemed like Jiri also was gaining confidence in his hands after possibly hurting Alex. He landed a good right hand, Alex backed up to the fence, and Jiri got a bit reckless closing the distance. Alex countered with such a tight right left combo and Jiri didn’t see it coming.

+1

Mebbe Alex's opponents should train to the awareness that even if you are inside the booth and he is bent backwards, ya best keep your guard high.

It looks like his core strength is "above average."

But also behind the ear does weird things.

I see that the board is back.

Anyone die?

The short punches are the ones that remove your soul from your physical body, and that was textbook.

And Jiri has a pretty good chin, I feel like a lesser man would have gone full Scanners there.

Been a rough week without reading posts about guys going limp.

Back