jds sparring with olympic boxer

He would have a punchers chance, if it goes the distance he would lose all rounds, but he is smaller than both of them and crazy fast in the first rounds. But a decision he would lose for sure, just like David Haye.

I dont know if you are trolling or not.

He would get thrashed by the Klits, thrashed and he is far from a fast boxer.

Also JDS is not David Haye and is no where near the boxer Haye is nor would he even put up a fight like Haye.

JDS keeps his hands too low for real boxing and has pretty bad boxing defense, its ridiculous. He would get embarrassed.

Last edited:
obviously JDS has not the level of pro boxers.

klitshkos could destroy him with one hand in my opinion.

but still, is the best boxer in MMA.

Well, that is kind of expected when he dedicates half of his time to training grappling, something which no boxer does.

For the same reason JDS would trash any boxer in a MMA match.

I'm not a huge fan of his clinching tactics either, but the boxing skill displayed from Wladamir is on a completely different level to that of JDS.

Sure he is the champ but his stalling tactics in the fight and awful opponents ruin his legacy. If he fought like a killer and fight good fighters I would buy that fight in a second.

That is probably true.

However, I think a more interesting question is who would look more like an amateur? JDS vs Klits in boxing, or JDS vs Klits in MMA? I am inclined to say the latter.

I don't completely agree. The Klit brothers were kick boxers before they were boxers. They just so happened to be better boxers. In an MMA fight, I wouldn't imagine they'd be completely clueless.

I think he could KO any of the Klitoris brothers. They hand pick their opponents and fight only losers. JDS would make a great fight.

This is beyond ignorant and idiotic. Even if they hand picked their opponents, the opponents are still experienced Boxers who have deep amateur experience and have been Boxing professionally since their early 20s or late teens.

Vitali fought Lennox Lewis and many believed he won that fight. How was Lewis a hand picked opponent?

Vitali also humiliated Chris Arreola, who has about the same reach, height as JDS along with a very similar style. Difference is Arreola started training Boxing since the age of 8 and had over 200 amateur Boxing fights before becoming Pro at age 22.

Wladimir Klitsckco avenged several of his early losses, defeated David Hayes. And how the f'ck is fighting David Hayes consider "hand picking" an opponent? Plus Wladimir is an Olympic Gold Medalist.

JDS would get murdered by them in Pro Boxing.

I dont know if you are trolling or not but its ridiculous.

He would get thrashed by the Klits, thrashed and both have real knockout power.

Trying to compare JDS to David Haye is even more embrassing, he would get embarrassed.

Embarassing is blaming a toe for losing, thats what embarassing is (hint David Haye).

Well, that is kind of expected when he dedicates half of his time to training grappling, something which no boxer does.

For the same reason JDS would trash any boxer in a MMA match.

Only if he goes for takedowns.

Are we really trying to assess his skills in a sparring session against a 165lber?

Good lord his opponents were bums, one of his last guys even threw the fight, that old black guy with dredlocks, he was 50 or something and only got there for a payday. Faked a twisted foot and just fell down and he wasnt even hit. Sure they put a KO in Klitschos favor. His record is full of that kind of wins.

Wladamir has faced pretty much everyone available to him at heavyweight. While you might not think highly of them, the fact remains that they were top rated heavyweight boxers.

I don't completely agree. The Klit brothers were kick boxers before they were boxers. They just so happened to be better boxers. In an MMA fight, I wouldn't imagine they'd be completely clueless.

Well, I was thinking more about the grappling advantage than the kicking. JDS is a BJJ black belt who has been training grappling for close to a decade, and the Klits are white belts.

JDS knows a lot of TD tricks learning to defend them by now so it would not be hard to take the fight to the ground.

That is probably true.

However, I think a more interesting question is who would look more like an amateur? JDS vs Klits in boxing, or JDS vs Klits in MMA? I am inclined to say the latter.

I guess we would finally see JDS groundgame.

JDS would get murdered by them in Pro Boxing.

I would give JDS a chance any day of the week and twice on Sunday. And I would put money on him.

UFC heavyweight champion versus Boxing heavyweight champion.

That is probably true.

JDS in Boxing because Boxing is a primary sport which requires for one to master to succeed. MMA is a transitional sport which allows for combat athletes of primary sports to go in with cross training and succeed with out mastering a style.

In Boxing JDS would be playing exclusively to what the Klitschkos has mastered. In MMA, JDS can do what Sylvia did and get knock out Mercer style.

His only chance would be going for takedowns and submission.

Well, I was thinking more about the grappling advantage than the kicking. JDS is a BJJ black belt who has been training grappling for close to a decade, and the Klits are white belts.

JDS knows a lot of TD tricks learning to defend them by now so it would not be hard to take the fight to the ground.

I agree. MMA rules, I'd fully expect JDS to win using his grappling skills. Interesting when you take into account that he isn't known for being a grappler in the MMA realm.

JDS in Boxing because Boxing is a primary sport which requires for one to master to succeed. MMA is a transitional sport which allows for combat athletes of primary sports to go in with cross training and succeed with out mastering a style.

In Boxing JDS would be playing exclusively to what the Klitschkos has mastered. In MMA, JDS can do what Sylvia did and get knock out Mercer style.

His only chance would be going for takedowns and submission.

well put

Heh, he would go for the tAkedown for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if Junior kicked the shit out of any boxer. They are not prepared to take hard leg kicks.

What if that boxer spent many years training kick boxing? Outside of America, many boxing practitioners have spent time training other striking arts.

Back