jds sparring with olympic boxer

This vids old and has been posted before.
Its sparring. People spar differently (see Story, Lombard, Kyle-Comier threads etc) don't take it too seriously

Proof that his boxing isn't anywhere near elite.

what are u talking about?

he clearly wasnt going close to 100%

notice how he wasnt using his size and distance or jabbing like he does in his fights?

he also didnt throw anything with power.

This just shows that Santos' boxing really isn't that 'technical' and that his pure boxing skills are overrated.

Just a fast guy with heavy hands and a good chin. That's good enough to beat most heavyweights so good for him..

Sylvia tried to brawl with Mercer and left his chin wide open. JDS is a much more intelligent and skilled fighter.

He was submited in 2007 by a BJJ black belt. Carwin is a very good wrestler and has trained BJJ extensively.

I am unaware of any boxer having any grappling training, which would make it a standard higher belt tools the newbie if the fight gets to the ground.
Also, because of his wrestling it would not be that hard to get the fight to the ground.

It doesn't matter. JDS would had gotten tooled by Mercer if he tried to stand with him. Case closed.

But like I said, we still don't know anything about JDS's grappling. It is not fair to compare his grappling to Sylvia's when we really know nothing of his grappling except that he got submitted before and almost got submitted by Carwin.

I agree JDS would have an edge in MMA because of his wrestling and he would sub any Boxer with no grappling training. But I was more so talking about your comparison of his grappling skills vs Syvia's grappling skills.

Sure.....Mark Hunt! Neither one of those two would come close to beating Junior. Were talking about the same Hunt here that went strike for strike with Ben Rothwell. Did you see that fight??? If Hunt was so good he should have KO'd Ben rather easy.

Velasquez has a much better shot to KO or hit Junior. Reem wont last a round

Bro JDS could not even knock out Roy Nelson. That is a stupid example.

Hunt has a great chin, power and when he is not a hot head who decides to brawl he can be very technical. Just ask Reem who got rocked by him.

We know that his boxe is good when we are talking about MMA, come on guys, if you put him to fight some olympic boxer or a TOP 3 professional boxer in his weight division im sure that he will lost.
BTW i am just worried about his cardio, it looks really bad in this movie. Probably they did this sparring on the end of the trainament and he was tired.

Back