jds sparring with olympic boxer

JDS is wearing 16 or 18 ounce gloves and the boxer is wearing 12 ounce gloves. You can tell. In my Boxing gym when I spar, since I am a 245 pounds they have me wear 18 ounces.

The heavier the gloves, the slower your punch will be. Imagine how fast those fists of JDS would be if it was with four ounce gloves. I noticed that difference when I take off the 18s and I hit the bag with 4 ounce gloves.

Yeah the speed difference is outstanding.

jds keeps hands. too low at times in mma fights, a Guy like mark hunt can and will capitolise on that so could pat bary, too bad there's really no other pure strikers at heavyweight that could threatened jds.

He'd keep them high against Hunt. It's not like there's a takedown threat.

This is what I was afraid of, gassed JDS losses 50% of his skills and looks sloppy.

His performance is bad in this video because he is tired as fu*k.

It's training. Maybe he'd been sparring for many rounds already and the partner was fresher. Then there's the heavier glove aspect mentioned above. He'l be fine for 5 rounds with Cain.

Last edited:
This doesn't make any sense...you're saying anyone who posts on a forum is pathetic?

It makes perfect sense. Allow me to explain.

Pro athlete at the top of the MMA heap, known for his hands, believes he COULD KO the Klitschko's (spoiler alert...he could) I will go so far as to say that without this belief in himself, he wouldn't be where he is today.

Guy on an internet forum bashing said fighter, calling it pathetic, is, ironic at the very least.

His boxing is still good enough to ko Cain and most other hw's, he did pretty good against the Olympic boxer.

is his boxing elite in terms of pure boxing? no
is his boxing elite in terms of mma striking? clearly considering as he's never been out punched. the facts speak for themselves.

jose aldo has great thai boxing in terms of mma but you put him in the ring with buakaw and see what happens.

Funny you mention this because he was training with Andy Souwer. Needless to say, as good as Aldo may be in terms of MMA striking, he wasn't anywhere near Souwer's level

...believes he COULD KO the Klitschko's (spoiler alert...he could) I will go so far as to say that without this belief in himself, he wouldn't be where he is today.

I think he could KO any of the Klitoris brothers. They hand pick their opponents and fight only losers. JDS would make a great fight.

I think he could KO any of the Klitoris brothers. They hand pick their opponents and fight only losers. JDS would make a great fight.

Dude stop it,

JDS would get spanked, the Klits are very good boxers.

It wouldn't be a fight, JDS is not on that level, that is championship boxing.

He is a good MMA boxer and lets leave it at that.

Last edited:
Proof that his boxing isn't anywhere near elite.

and? hes not really competing in pure boxing rules so what do you expect.

One fact is true which I think makes the boxers so butt hurt over mma.

You can take the best greatest mma fighters and put him in boxing, and they would probably survive a couple rounds, put anderson against a c level guy and he will probably beat him.

Now put them in k1 and they will do ok. Before the K1 elitess come and say MMA stand has nothing on k1, dont forget Semmy and Overeem werent even the best strikers in MMA and they went on to be some of the best k1 fighters. Plus a few more MMA guys have gone over to butt hurt the k1 elitests theory.

Now take a C level kickboxer, or even a top 20 mma guy and they would put a beating on any great boxer ever, george foreman, tyson, ali, floyd mayweather, manny pacman, dont make no difference. they wont go past 2 k1 rounds, or 1 mma round.

so why make the point that jds's boxing isnt elite. the guys you fantasize about cant even take a leg kick. mayweather the greatest boxer of this generation wouldnt last 2minutes in mma or more than 1 round in k1.

is his boxing elite in terms of pure boxing? no
is his boxing elite in terms of mma striking? clearly considering as he's never been out punched. the facts speak for themselves.

jose aldo has great thai boxing in terms of mma but you put him in the ring with buakaw and see what happens.

Which is perfectly reasonable given that both Aldo and JDS have also trained BJJ for a substantial amount of time during a decade.

Dude stop it,

JDS would get spanked, the Klits may not be Boxing royalty like Ali but they are very good boxers.

It wouldn't be a fight,

He would have a punchers chance, if it goes the distance he would lose all rounds, but he is smaller than both of them and crazy fast in the first rounds. But a decision he would lose for sure, just like David Haye.

you don't know what you're talking about. at all.

He would have a punchers chance, if it goes the distance he would lose all rounds, but he is smaller than both of them and crazy fast in the first rounds. But a decision he would lose for sure, just like David Haye.

he would probably get ko'ed. he'd also probably get ko'ed by the guys the klitschko's have ko'ed. not a knock against jds though. He's a very skilled mixed martial artist. He's not a boxer though.

Nah, he is not lasting 12 rounds. He'd get destroyed.

Could be, I watched all of Wladimir Klitschkos fights, well half of them, I usually fall asleep by round 6.

I'm not a huge fan of his clinching tactics either, but the boxing skill displayed from Wladamir is on a completely different level to that of JDS.

obviously JDS has not the level of pro boxers.

klitshkos could destroy him with one hand in my opinion.

but still, is the best boxer in MMA.

you don't know what you're talking about. at all.

Good lord his opponents were bums, one of his last guys even threw the fight, that old black guy with dredlocks, he was 50 or something and only got there for a payday. Faked a twisted foot and just fell down and he wasnt even hit. Sure they put a KO in Klitschos favor. His record is full of that kind of wins.

he would probably get ko'ed. he'd also probably get ko'ed by the guys the klitschko's have ko'ed. not a knock against jds though. He's a very skilled mixed martial artist. He's not a boxer though.

That is probably true.

However, I think a more interesting question is who would look more like an amateur? JDS vs Klits in boxing, or JDS vs Klits in MMA? I am inclined to say the latter.

Back