Elections James Carville on the state of the Democrat party

He's right. If you end up with Trump running against Bernie, there are going to be a lot of very reasonable people who feel like they are going to be left without a candidate they feel entirely comfortable voting for.
It's not about establishment vs anti-establishment, whatever that means. It's about ideas and how they will affect policy, and whether those policies are a good thing. Being different is not automatically a good quality.

Anyone not seeing the trends is willfully blind or just ignorant of what is going on IMO.

Politicians have fallen to one of the least respected groups over the last couple of decades down with or lower than ambulance chasing lawyers.

This is not the fringe dirty politician but the every day politician. Voters have come to expect nothing from them. Assume everything they say is a lie. And just give up on the process with more and more checking out and not voting.

This is what has lead to Trump, Obama and Trudeau and Boris Johnson. Voters just rejecting the status quo politicians that make them want to stay home and willing to take big risks on outsiders even when they see those outsiders as deeply flawed. They are choosing relatively political neophytes or outsiders to the mainstream promising massive change or to shake up the status quo.

They want that wrecking ball even if the risk is damage to them as long as it also rips into the status quo structures of the parties.

Burn the entire thing down is the sentiment of the day. And Trump is doing that to the Republican party. From his flames we have yet to see what will emerge, and if it something people on the right can genuinely support but at least the status quo IS being destroyed. I applaud that.

The Dem establishment is desperate to cling to the status quo. To buck the rejection that we see everywhere else. of that old guard and their status quo and to keep power and things comfortable as they are for their moneyed supporters.

Maybe they have enough tricks to maintain it for one more cycle but no one should deny that tide that is rising against them. The Dem's will either embrace change or have it foisted on them in a way that tears the party apart, just as Trump has done to the Repub's.

Trump is a low bar. I'll vote for the better of two candidates, but I won't claim to agree with the better candidate when I don't. I don't think our tax money should go to bail out young professionals who are making a healthy living. I certainly don't want any handouts.

Taxes have to go somewhere. It would be preferable for the whole student loan problem to not exist, but fixing it seems like it would help out the country as a whole.

This is known as a high school civics class. Don't at me. You are too young.

This would be a red herring, followed by an ad hominem.

If all you have is that someone old said it, therefore true, then you are an idiot.

You couldn't even make an argument without direct known fallacies. Rethink your life.

This would be a red herring, followed by an ad hominem.

If all you have is that someone old said it, therefore true, then you are an idiot.

You couldn't even make an argument without direct known fallacies. Rethink your life.

Lol. You aren't even on topic. Desperate attempt child. I know exactly where you are from and school is out.

Lol. You aren't even on topic. Desperate attempt child. I know exactly where you are from and school is out.

??? A lot of regular posters here know where I am from. It's not some big special secret. And of course school is out, its 11pm.

Are you having a stroke or something?

Back